đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy
4 minutes ago, auburn said:

Should we expect reviews to start coming today? I hope we get some before the album. 

Usually some reviews come out minimum two days before of a release, I don't know if LG's team sent digital copies or physical copies to the publications in this COVID time. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
5 minutes ago, Killa said:

Sis we are media darlings. This is our queen bee moment. 

Youll see the highest score trust me

Praying! 

Gagaism

To be quite honest, Gaga is one of kind of musicians that really needs time to listen to her albums and then get the reviews. I don’t know how to explain but I have a feeling that all of contexts she puts in an album demands time to digest and appreciate, then slowly letting the lyrics and productions to grow on you and I live for that if you ask me. It’s a real experience. 

Anveeroy
Just now, Santa Stefani said:

To be quite honest, Gaga is one of kind of musicians that really needs time to listen to her albums and then get the reviews. I don’t know how to explain but I have a feeling that all of contexts she puts in an album demands time to digest and slowly letting the lyrics and productions to grow on you and I live for that if you ask me. It’s like an experience. 

I agree with this statement; it can't be reviewed with one listen! 

Chromatican

I think (and hope) Chromatica is Gagas most acclaimed album and will get an 80+ score. She hit a critical pitfall with ARTPOP, improved slightly with C2C and Joanne and then the A Star is Born soundtrack was her highest rated work since The Fame Monster so hopefully the upward critical incline continues with Chromatica. It’s truly shocking to me that Gaga doesn’t have a “critically acclaimed” album yet, especially with how easy critics go on pop musicians nowadays, but I remember back in the late 00s Gaga was considered to be a critical darling compared to other popstars. How times change.

Lunakween
13 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Ready for that 70 metascore:vegas:

Omg btw I've just listened to your fave gaga album, Hitmixes :neyde:

Judas Society

This is the part that is nerve wrecking for a monster. I remember I was gutted when I read reviews for ARTPOP. Gaga was unfairly reviewed as a person when it was supposed to be about the music.

KORG

Heres the issue with metacritic.

If you are a charting organisation such as billboard, rotten tomatoes, trustpilot or Metacritic, you have 2 ways of operating:

1. Accept all reviews, automate the submissions and apply a star rating (this happens on google reviews, which is why they hold no gravitas)

2. Accept submissions held to a strict criteria to prevent fraudulent sabotage, and a fair playing field. 

Metacritic unfortunately falls under both and neither of these operational models. They have a selection of publications they accept reviews from (therefore seeming exclusive and professional) whilst ignoring legitimate critic reviews from real publications, and at the same time they accept these blindly, holding them to no criteria at all. As long as you're an accepted critic, you could submit a 1 word review and it would be accepted.

The reviews should either be open to 100% of publications or they should be vetted for being troll reviews.

Holding a standard that a review must be a review and talk about the music rather than the political leanings or mental struggles of the individual should be the first rule when running something like metacritic.

In summary, I give metacritic a 3/10.

KORG
1 hour ago, Aarghya said:

Usually some reviews come out minimum two days before of a release, I don't know if LG's team sent digital copies or physical copies to the publications in this COVID time. 

I hope nobody has been sent the album. She should say fck the critics.

Oh wait she said fck the critics when she launched ARTPOP and they responded with "fck this album" :laughga:

ArtpopAct2
13 hours ago, Aarghya said:

I really don't understand the obsession towards ARTPOP; I think in some way they hate the fact that they love it! :messga:

For all the criticism that it was shallow and that Gaga overhyped it’s artistic value, it sure gets them thinking a lot:vegas:

Vitleysingur
13 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

If she gets a 7+ from Pitchfork, then she's lucky tbh

In Chromatica, no review slander is allowed. :huntyga:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Anveeroy
24 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

If she gets a 7+ from Pitchfork, then she's lucky tbh

:huntyga:

• PartySick pinned this topic
  • Jase unpinned this topic