💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy
3 hours ago, gagaschickens said:

I think it'll get at least a 80 metacritic score, the gp loves her again! :vegas:

Critics need to love her again :bon:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
10 hours ago, Aarghya said:

Have you noticed that critics are being very nice nowadays to numerous artists. They don't do harsh reviews a lot! 

Like I said above, they judge the artists in relation to their previous record. They're exceptionally nice to Selena Gomez because she hasn't set the bar very high for herself. Rare is being praised as 'her best pop album' ever getting scores around 75 and 80 because the vocals are slightly better than her whispery vocals she did before.

Same about Dua Lipa and Cardi B, they're relatively new and their discographies weren't too developed so their yardstick was much more lenient than artists like Eminem, Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake who had all been nominated for Album, Song, Record of the Year and garnered tons of hits. These artists could produce quality albums with great production and great vocals and still get a 60-ish score because of how high the expectations are for them.

Bradley
10 hours ago, QueenOfSaigon said:

Dont hate me, but I always felt like meta scores were more accurate than grammys :selena:

Check out Adele's 25 and Selena Gomez's Revival (not Rare, Im talking about the one with Same Old Love)'s score.

I think SG got like 74 and Adele got like 76 or something. If the score is truly indicative of the quality of an album, do we really think SG and Adele have produced works of roughly the same quality?

I mean, how is Revival better than ARTPOP or Joanne or Born This Way? How is Future Nostalgia more ambitious than ARTPOP...

ARTPOPisaChoice

I’m predicting a 73 Metacritic score. That would look really good for a super established pop act.

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

SpiritBunny

I’m confused don’t publications get review copies a few days before hand so reviews can be up when the album is out? Sort of like video games? I thought we would have at least 1 big review by now 

StarstruckIllusion

Here to state now I don’t give a **** what the meta critic influencers think. A cute 70+ would be nice. Critics hate Gaga too much to allow an 80+ so I’m not picturing it at all

AnglerfishbraBENUS
12 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Ugh, you just reminded me that ARTPOP deserved better. I actually can't believe she doesn't have a higher metascore than 78

ASIB has an 88

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, whipopotamus said:

ASIB has an 88

The soundtrack has 78, unfortunately 

Anveeroy
7 minutes ago, SpiritBunny said:

I’m confused don’t publications get review copies a few days before hand so reviews can be up when the album is out? Sort of like video games? I thought we would have at least 1 big review by now 

Let's see today and tomorrow!

AnglerfishbraBENUS
Just now, Aarghya said:

The soundtrack has 78, unfortunately 

Oh my b!

Anveeroy
5 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Here to state now I don’t give a **** what the meta critic influencers think. A cute 70+ would be nice. Critics hate Gaga too much to allow an 80+ so I’m not picturing it at all

I think they will unnecessarily will compare with Dua’s new album. Urgh!

Killa

Sis we are media darlings. This is our queen bee moment. 

Youll see the highest score trust me

auburn

Should we expect reviews to start coming today? I hope we get some before the album. 

5 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

I think they will unnecessarily will compare with Dua’s new album. Urgh!

Rain on me alone is better than the whole future nostalgia album.. I love due but her album is too overrated

• PartySick pinned this topic
  • Jase unpinned this topic

Archived