Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galactic Mess
8 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

Rolling Stone's official review of Chromatica!!! 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/lady-gaga-chromatica-review-1008302/

It is 4 stars out of 5 which is AMAZING! 

And it does count for Metacritic :pawsup:

Yay! The vogue comparison is true though. I think she didn't need to do a spoken chorus to make it sound good. The songs would sound way less similar if she hadn't done it. But oh well. Just make a remix with Madonna (since they're apparently hanging out together now) and everyone will get over it :derpga:

rodolfo

They already added the Rolling Stone review to MC. Metascore still at 81 :party:

steven

Montreal’s biggest newspaper La Presse gave the album 4/5 which is extremely good since they’ve always been very critical towards her in the past. They are even calling her ‘’The Queen of POP’’ :bradley:

https://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/202005/31/01-5275808-lady-gaga-la-reine-de-la-piste-de-danse-est-de-retour-.php 

GagzDonkeyD
1 minute ago, Steven said:

French Canadian’s biggest newspaper La Presse gave the album 4/5 which is extremely good since they’ve always been very critical towards her in the past. They are even calling her ‘’The Queen of POP’’ :bradley:

https://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/202005/31/01-5275808-lady-gaga-la-reine-de-la-piste-de-danse-est-de-retour-.php 

It doesn’t count for Metacritic tho :bradley:

cd9904
4 minutes ago, Steven said:

French Canadian’s biggest newspaper La Presse gave the album 4/5 which is extremely good since they’ve always been very critical towards her in the past. They are even calling her ‘’The Queen of POP’’ :bradley:

Their new cultural journalist is really good. I love her !

JillTyrell2004

Guys, all of this is making me super emotional. 
I hope she’s enjoying this as much as an extremely caring human-being can at this horrible time. It’s so deserved.

well done crying GIF by Got Talent Global

ThatCanadian

So Metacritic already updated RS but not Pitchfork....why? 

Maybe they've decided to ignore all the scores below 80 to keep the universal acclaim tag :laughga:

Patrick Garcia

Chromatica could use another one or two 85 or 90 to remain above 80 after those 60, 73 and 75 scores.

I think that Variety (96) and Entertaiment (91) weights a lot cause even after Rolling Stone's 80 the album is still 81. I thought it would drop to 80. 

Psyduck
5 minutes ago, Patrick Garcia said:

Chromatica could use another one or two 85 or 90 to remain above 80 after those 60, 73 and 75 scores.

I think that Variety (96) and Entertaiment (91) weights a lot cause even after Rolling Stone's 80 the album is still 81. I thought it would drop to 80. 

May RS 80 weighs alot too that it actually equates to 90 or so

keep on looking for Psyduck

Patrick Garcia
1 minute ago, Sine From Psyduck said:

May RS 80 weighs alot too that it actually equates to 90 or so

I think if it weights a lot it will lock the score at 80 even if there is more lower scores than that. I understand that when a publication weights more than others it has the capacity to influence the final score towards a number that is closer to the score they gave, in RS case, 80. So I don't think their 80 equates to 90 or something like that. It's an 80 that don't go down easily, it needs several mixed reviews from minor publications to take it down. At the same time, the score won't rise either if a minor publication gives her a 100. Of course it's not that simple, but I believe it's something like that. 

rodolfo

Metacritic updated again, now at 80 with 19 reviews :party:

But they counted the No Ripcord review (60) twice. Anyone know how we can fix this?

Jennie Kim

The site is showing 19 reviews now for me, but it's a bug because Pitchfork and No Ripcord is added twice :triggered:

Emigrante
1 minute ago, Jennie Kim said:

The site is showing 19 reviews now for me, but it's a bug because Pitchfork and No Ripcord is added twice :triggered:

Yes it is but even tho pitchfork is added twice, it doesn't Count twice while those two mixed reviews does, so they probably will delete one of these mixed ones. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived