Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

zerojk
9 hours ago, vixdean said:

El Pais, Spain’s biggest newspaper, gave it 4/10. 😭

It’s seems critic reviews are going to be quite divisive. I would expect the Metacritic score to come down as the week goes by.

With Madame X, it happened the exact same thing. Started really high, and the came down to 70 because of a couple of 40s.

What I hate with professional reviews is that even when praising they feel the need to make back-handed compliments. 

If it holds at 70, I would say it’s not a bad achievement, but think the album deserves more. 

What’s funny is that every negative review always has to include the word Madonna on it, or reference her

can’t they get over it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
palma
1 minute ago, zerojk said:

What’s funny is that every negative review always has to include the word Madonna on it, or reference her

can’t they get over it?

Call me a pressed Little Monstrosity but I can't help but feel they're feeling attacked that Gaga delivered the album they had been craving from Madonna since COADF (which was 15 years ago and since then Madonna is failing to create interest in her music :madge:)

JRCF29

"On its face, Gaga’s complaints about the perils of celebrity aren’t believable"

-Slant Magazine

Mess at them using the singular (it) to describe a plural (complaintS) whole review canceled confirmed

Don't Call Me Gaga

littlepotter
10 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

"On its face, Gaga’s complaints about the perils of celebrity aren’t believable"

-Slant Magazine

Mess at them using the singular (it) to describe a plural (complaintS) whole review canceled confirmed

Nnnnn no sis this is correct, the "it" refers to the fact/situation

chaeri pls

Enomis

Here, in Italy, a reviewer stated: "This album is a disappointment. It's a record which could have been sung by Madonna".

Guys, I like Madge and her contribute to pop music and gay culture is undeniable.

But I mean, she cannot sing almost all of these songs.:wtfga:

So, Spain, I feel you:messga:

JRCF29
29 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Nnnnn no sis this is correct, the "it" refers to the fact/situation

fpe91wUylig8k0Jh84u9YskBKJil8XhGRmZ6Wagp

Don't Call Me Gaga

KORG
5 minutes ago, Enomis said:

Here, in Italy, a reviewer stated: "This album is a disappointment. It's a record which could have been sung by Madonna".

Guys, I like Madge and her contribute to pop music and gay culture is undeniable.

Wow. Old gays are pressed. If it could've been sung by Madonna, why hasnt she put out anything half as good for over 15 years? flavor of love wtf GIF

chiuga
5 minutes ago, Enomis said:

Let’s be realistic here Madonna can’t even hit the notes in the first line of the album - My Name isn’t Alice

Mr S
1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

-Slant Magazine

That sounds so personal

Serial Chiller

Music reviews, I’ve said it once and I’m saying it again, are completely utterly useless and a waste of everyone’s time. 

Games, books, movies - I understand the need for review. It takes a lot of time to go through one piece of such media. People need some valued opinions to make their decisions. It also costs, on average, way more than music, which has become widely accessible and virtually free to most people. 

Anyone can listen to a song for a few minutes or an album for an hour or so, and form their own opinion. Reviewers literally add no value/have no purpose other than creating a pretentious facade of acclaim or clout or whatever the f just so followers and fans can gloat about having exquisite music taste. 

Every time I read a game, movie, book review, while I may disagree with them, I mostly understand where they’re coming from. Because there are concrete aspects for criticism. Music reviews- ALWAYS sound like bias riddled vomit. 

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, Santa Stefani said:

Hope they’re bopping to Chromatica, getting drunk and having fun in their houses, then they all can come with solids 100s on a hangover Monday :enigma:

Yes, yes :firega:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

metalguru

I hope Gaga comes with LG7 in a year or in less than 2 years -antithesis of Chromatica, less club dance, more funk slow dance, longer songs, even darker lyrics, experimental yet toned down.. .

Anveeroy
11 minutes ago, metalguru said:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a32710478/lady-gaga-chromatica-review-lyrics-meaning-explained/

Very positive review and hasn't translated into MetaCritic. Should we email to MC?

Doesn't count for MC

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/publication/name/e

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived