đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

pedrohemg
3 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Umm, if you see the pattern, now other big major publications are about to publish the rates.. We need average score to defeat, the major publications' 40, 50 scores :)

I think we're only getting The Consequence of Sound in which I expect an 80 at least, RS with maybe an 80, and Pitchfork with 70 at least. I think that review from NYT won't count because they published it before EW but it wasn't posted on Meta yet.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

I think we're only getting The Consequence of Sound in which I expect an 80 at least, RS with maybe an 80, and Pitchfork with 70 at least. I think that review from NYT won't count because they published it before EW but it wasn't posted on Meta yet.

All are assumptions, but optimism is good. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Haldy

The potentially 70+ reviews we'll get are CoS, Rolling Stone and Allmusic. Pitchfork could land anywhere between 6.0-8.0, I reckon. Then we'll have a few more 40-60's scattered in. I'm expecting Chromatica to stop around 76-77.

gagaxsebert
2 hours ago, Rio said:

Ngl, but Future Nostalgia hasn’t aged so well, after the intial hype of its brilliance. She’s reinvigorated pop, but that album, I haven’t reached for it in a while, even before ROM was out.

Same I loved it when it released but now every track after Levitating (excluding BMH) just bores me & I don’t like them 

Used to be HighRoad

1 minute ago, HighRoad said:

Same I loved it when it released but now every track after Levitating (excluding BMH) just bores me & I don’t like them 

It's just become bland. I never truly overplayed it. I've played Chromatica and La Roux's newest album way more. But it's just... I dunno. Cohesive album but it ages so quick for me dunno why

littlepotter
14 hours ago, AgusPop said:

NME - 80/100 - Positive !! :cryga: This is a miracle!!!  NME always were Gaga haters

Why does everyone keep saying this :lmao: they only gave 60 to ARTPOP. They gave 80 to born this way, joanne, and ASIB (havent checked the others)

chaeri pls

Anveeroy
6 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Why does everyone keep saying this :lmao: they only gave 60 to ARTPOP. They gave 80 to born this way, joanne, and ASIB (havent checked the others)

NME always has been nice to her..

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Haldy

NME's been pretty fair with all their reviews, I think. People just see even one lapse in high praise as suddenly being an enemy.

1 hour ago, Rio said:

It's just become bland. I never truly overplayed it. I've played Chromatica and La Roux's newest album way more. But it's just... I dunno. Cohesive album but it ages so quick for me dunno why

I was thinking the exact same thing about Future Nostalgia

I loved the idea of it, and it felt like the best thing when it came out. 

But I realized I haven't listened to it in weeks.

Future Nostalgia feels like an album made by intelligente AI that is perfectly attuned with the public's music taste, but it doesn't feel 'real' or meaningful.

Her original album however seems aged but still much more replayable and special.

Lifeline
1 hour ago, Gogo Yubari said:

Future Nostalgia feels like an album made by intelligente AI that is perfectly attuned with the public's music taste, but it doesn't feel 'real' or meaningful.

Her original album however seems aged but still much more replayable and special.

The issue with FN is that it is very passive. Even the most political song on the record (Boys Will Be Boys) falls flat. It’s like a clone of a Lily Allen song. Dua reminds me of Kylie Minogue. Catchy pop tunes, beautiful, has a very wide audience but not much statement in their music. In this case, not being divisive works for Dua as the critics have no agenda coming at her like they do with Gaga. But will this create her legacy? Will she be remembered or will be she be another Katy Perry? Who knows. Future Nostalgia is a good pop record but it lacks any kind of memorability. 

1 hour ago, Gogo Yubari said:

I wouldn't say it was perfectly attuned to the masses. It was a good album that brought an 80s organic vine to the masses. It sounds different to everything else on the radio + I'm happy it's succeeding alongside the current rap trends. But it really had aged a lot.

Chromatica is fresh too. 90s house vibes and bangers. And while many of Gaga's new song's probably won't fully resonate with the GP, I'm still so happy with Chromatica. 

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived