Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Megan scores first #1, Beyoncé scores 7th #1 on BBH100

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Xardas

My friends are already making fun of me for streaming ROM to much on Spotify...

IG: @bartoszprazuch

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
5 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Rain On Me better get it... Savage isn't even that good of a song :awkney:

Neither was rihanna's work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work but here we are

LilyLark

Great. Also, this is good for ROM. A lot of Savage's success is due to fans streaming/constant tiktoks to get it to #1, and I doubt they'll keep up the pace now that the #1 is secured. Plus the #1 will prevent "stans" from starting a stupid stan war—monsters can't exactly taunt the Hive if ROM goes #1 & the Hive won't be quite as salty if Ariana and Gaga get a #1 since Savage got the top spot this week.

StrawberryBlond

Was bound to happen eventually now Say So's dropping due to Doja's scandal. It's not the best song in the world but not the worst either. At least another female rapper's got a #1, so it opens up the door for more women in the game to make it in a way they couldn't before.

2 hours ago, rasclautmangos said:

So Stuck with You by Ari and Beiber aren't even in the top 10 this week? :awkney:

Should we be worried? 

Not really. That song was just a one-off because of coronavirus. It was only ever going to be a one week #1. Its been out for 18 days and ROM's already overtaken it in views and likes in just over 5 days. That says a lot. I was really surprised that it even went to #1 considering its relatively low views and likes all things considered but it shows that sales really are the best factor. So it's absolutely no reason to be worried.

54 minutes ago, trinihd said:

I see some of yall are cocky asf. Karma will come back to bite. 

This remix wasn't just a quick remix thrown together just to go #1 like Say So. This is Bey's #1 just as much as Megan's. Bey propelled it to top 10 and eventually #1. Stop acting salty. Just congratulate and move on. 

Yall trying to shade Bey for "not solo," yet ROM is dependent on Ari. Chile... 

I don't think we should be cocky but I definitely don't think it's as much Beyonce's song as it is Megan's. Beyonce's not on it for as long and she was added in as an afterthought. That's completely different to a duet that was released as a duet in its original form. And while Beyonce may have her name on those credits, there's 8 additional songwriters with her on the remix. The original version just had Megan and 2 others listed as songwriters, which suggests Beyonce likely didn't have much say in the lyrics if all these extra writers appeared on the remix. I'd accept it as much Beyonce's #1 if it was a proper duet with an "&" not a "feat." She also didn't have a #1 with Perfect considering she sang the exact same words that Ed sang in the original (which was already a hit as a solo song) but just changed the gender. And yet, her name was on those songwriting credits. The audacity is incredible.

Slayonce

Guys I was trying to reply in the rain on me chart thread but there's no reply function there and I've noticed that in some thread I can't reply since it doesn't show me the reply function but people in other thread keep on posting, how is that possible? Can anybody help me?  :)

Katsuki Bakugo

Remember when we were worried woman in pop music was over? Look at us now! 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

LilyLark
6 hours ago, PeachJug said:

wait im confused.. it's tuesday. the counting isnt over yet, right?

is this just a prediction?

It's from last week. They announce on Tuesday the songs that charted from the previous week—it's a dumb, unclear system unlike the UK which goes Friday to the next Friday and then announces the same day. So ROM won't be announced until next week...

Killa

That onlyfans beyonce line tho. 

The remix is bit boring but i kinda live for beyonce rapping. Yall are unfair

LilyLark
1 hour ago, trinihd said:

This remix wasn't just a quick remix thrown together just to go #1 like Say So. This is Bey's #1 just as much as Megan's. Bey propelled it to top 10 and eventually #1. Stop acting salty. Just congratulate and move on. 

True, but most on here are giving Bey and Meg props. Two amazing women. And don't wish bad karma on singers because stans act salty...Bey, Gaga, etc. aren't responsible for stans.

FameHookah
7 hours ago, IcePrincess said:

Congratz to Megan but not for Beyonfraudence

This, what a fraud, she and her shady tactics as always, also her insufferable stans are really annoying me rn.

WTF is MDNA

JR Gg
2 hours ago, trinihd said:

Lame :billie:

Fanta

I’m happy for Megan, but like Nicki Beyonce is coming across as a leech.

One day a discussion will be held on how she is more hype than she is a powerhouse. 

gypsy101
8 hours ago, Diamond Fart said:

Is it just me or is this just so unfair? Big artists using upcoming ones to score a hit.

I'm 100% for collabs, but inserting yourself on a song that's already popular it's just not it. Justin Bieber did it with Bad Guy, Nicki did it With Say So and now Beyonce with Savage ...

It's cringy, if you wanna work with them ... just make a new song.

did you listen to the savage remix? it’s very different, beyoncé added a lot.

idk why people on this site are being so negative towards Bey

Archived