Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think we will start seeing Gaga being subjected to ageism?

vixdean

Featured Posts

vixdean

Something for discussion...

I was just going through recent news stories about Gaga and came across a few ageist comments. An example below:

Screenshot-2020-05-26-at-16-17-31.png

Locals started targeting Madonna for being 'too old' and saying stuff like 'put it away grandma' as early as the Girlie Show World Tour, when she was 35 years old. (The piece below was actually written by Piers Morgan, so his hate for Madonna dates almost 30 years).

Dkt8KuoXcAAlIUh.jpg

Being target of ageist remarks has pretty much been present all the way through her career, intensifying more and more, as she gets older and refuses to 'age gracefully' and behave the way people think an older person should behave.

Do you think Gaga, now 34 years old, will be a victim of ageism like Madonna has been through her career?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

Of course. Except for SIA, no one is safe from these types of criticisms  from small-minded people.

34 years old are far from old.. But ageism is a reality especially in America.. Europe is different because Madonna scored her biggest hit at 47 years old 

Gracious Gaga

Unfortunately it’s bound to happen at some point :/ 

But if Beyonce can do it, Gaga can too

♥ Kindness Police.

Gracious Gaga
Just now, daisy said:

34 years old are far from old.. But ageism is a reality especially in America.. Europe is different because Madonna scored her biggest hit at 47 years old 

Why did my dyslexia kick in and make me read that as “74 years old” :air:

♥ Kindness Police.

NFRatwell

I feel like since with enigma the ageism has started. I don’t think it’ll hit her hard this era though, she’s only in her 30s. Just wait until she hits 40 and then it’ll start getting really bad (unless all the ageist people are dead by then) :poot:

vixdean

3 minutes ago, mxnster said:

Of course.

Every woman, regardless of being a pop star, is subjected to the same treatment.

But it's disgusting! We don't see men/male artists being a target of ageism the same way women are.

MaryJaneHolland

Not this era imo.

That person in the OP just sounds super narrow-minded. She's 34, is she supposed to die? :air:

RobGaga

Age is just a number... as long as Gaga can stay relevant and create art that younger generations can connect with (not easy but if anyone can do it it's Gaga) she will be fine. 

yes and

Not really. Times have changed a lot lately.  

When there is a post about Gaga's birthday/age, a bunch of random people write something, "I thought she was 45 lol''.  

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Fun Tonight

I don't think she's too old for the chromatica's look. I just feel like she doesn't look comfortable at all in some extravagant outfits and does it only to please fans. The punk look of ROM era is definitely the best so far and Gaga looks 100% natural with it

Chlorine Sevigny

I think Gaga is different than Madonna in this case. Gaga has already proven her genuine talent and it's pretty much universally accepted. People will have opinions on how Gaga chooses to present that talent but they know it's there. 

Madonna was thought to rely on provocative behavior and shock value and was not perceived to actually be talented, hence why "isn't she too old for this" persisted so much and started so early. 

NFRatwell

It’s also important to mention that the ageism comments come mostly from old people :poot: The truth is we as society are caring less and less about that. The GP have no problem with older entertainers anymore really... just remember all the people who called J-Lo a MILF this year lol

Queen Bitch

Wait, Piers Morgan has been hating on Madonna for almost 30 years? WTF is wrong with him:enigma: I still remember that he wrote an article about her, where he insinuated that she's a Nazi because of this
madonna_lepen.webp

He's just gross:smh:

Archived