💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica could be her strongest work yet

erfaan

Featured Posts

erfaan

Much like any other fan from the beginning, I really wanted her to create something that could stand as solid next to Born This Way. When she released ARTPOP and Joanne, as incredible as they were, I really didn't think she could create a body of work that was as cohesive in its sound, message and imagery as Born This Way. Oh how I was wrong. 

As soon as the music video for Stupid Love was released (I still don't know why people have a dislike for this video) I was blown away. The message of kindness, the collaboration with Apple bridging technology and music together, the insane choreography (!!!) and the fashion. I knew that if she played her cards right, this could be it, THE album. The idea of having different tribes is visually and metaphorically incredible. We're all different, we wear different clothes, have different values and representing this across an entire body of work is so exciting. Plus, I'm not sure about all of you but Stupid Love came out during Mardi Gras in Australia and it instantly felt so right and was a club banger.

Fast forward a couple days, the Paper magazine shoot and interview happened. Let's not even begin to talk about how we've all wanted Gaga to cover Paper for so long and it finally happened. On top of that, with a photoshoot that somehow had all of us have our jaws on the floor 10 years into her career. 

When the album was delayed, a lot of us were annoyed. I was so especially annoyed. Not at her but at how this situation was potentially going to rob her of her most authentic and expressive era. 

When she finally dropped the album release date with one of the most incredible photos/looks, my hope returned. 

Then, Rain On Me dropped....

Rain On Me is truly one of Gaga’s best songs imo. Before you might laugh or chuckle at what I said, hear me out. Her message couldn’t be any more clear this time. This song is her battle cry for kindness, not only to others but to ourselves. She portrays her message through lyrics that only she and Ariana could write; two incredibly strong women, who through their life experiences have survived. Not only have they just survived but they're doing it celebrating, all on top of an electrifying dance beat.

I would argue that I am probably more excited for this body of work than I am for Born This Way. This album needed to happen at this point of her career. Gaga knows who she is and she knows exactly what she wants to say. 

Bring on Friday :giveup: (Ps. I'm definitely not two wine glasses in)

Delusional

Yessss 100% agree

a clear, beautiful concept that both the GP and fans can understand - I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the singles from the album do well like ROM too

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Guest Adarsh

I’m really excited for the reviews. Hoping for at least 80 on Metacritic at the end. She deserves it. :giveup:

BleepBloop

Agree! I really wish for her to finally get some really positive reception for an album

Diamond Fart

No doubt about it! She should sell Chromatica wigs, because she's constantly making me lose mine :saladga:

Head Empty

I agree, but it could also be "just" good album :oprah:

I don't wanna bring down the excitement but try to go into the experience as a blank slate, without expectations. It'll make your first listen more fun and will guard you from potentially being disappointed.

When Born This Way was released, I was ready for it to be the album of the century, but when I first heard it I was let down. Not because the music was bad, but because I had built it up in my head too much. Nothing could've lived up to my expectations. Only after a while did I appreciate the music for what it was, instead of comparing it to the picture I had in my head. Now it's my favorite album of all time :firega:

erikaisamonster

I agree!!!! Everything this era has been very cohesive & I think ROM is one of her best songs to date 

xxx

Lucas
9 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I agree, but it could also be "just" good album :oprah:

I don't wanna bring down the excitement but try to go into the experience as a blank slate, without expectations. It'll make your first listen more fun and will guard you from potentially being disappointed.

When Born This Way was released, I was ready for it to be the album of the century, but when I first heard it I was let down. Not because the music was bad, but because I had built it up in my head too much. Nothing could've lived up to my expectations. Only after a while did I appreciate the music for what it was, instead of comparing it to the picture I had in my head. Now it's my favorite album of all time :firega:

This is the best advice!

I think this is why ARTPOP was disliked by many fans, we all had too big expectations after TFM/BTW.

erfaan
12 hours ago, erikaisamonster said:

I agree!!!! Everything this era has been very cohesive & I think ROM is one of her best songs to date 

YES. The merch, the photoshoots, her look, the sound. What also stands out is she's having fun. It's all been so fun as fans to watch and I'm so excited for what's to come. 

gfarabello

OP made me really emotional :kara:

The way she describes this project already states how much joy it brings  I'm sure we're in for a treat, and I hope the success this era brings shows her how we're still here no matter what. In the last years, even though her projects were all very good (Joanne is my fav after BTW, not shading at all), she seemed at a different mental state. It was pretty clear she felt disconnected￟ with the meaning of her career. It feels good to see her happy again and I hope it blesses her next steps :enigma:

EuphoricVibez
24 minutes ago, Earthfan said:

YES. The merch, the photoshoots, her look, the sound. What also stands out is she's having fun. It's all been so fun as fans to watch and I'm so excited for what's to come. 

This! Tbh, I don't think she's had this much fun with an album in a while, and I'm glad she feels happier too. She deserves it after everything she's been through :heart:

He/him/his

C1trus

This is the kind of threads we need right now. Save the meltdowns after first tracking week :vegas:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Flaming Piano

I just feel like this is her eff y’all, completely uninhibited, purely Gaga album. There is just a free, empowered spirit.

Archived