Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM is Gaga's highest & most challenging chorus

derpmonster

Featured Posts

Aphrodizy26
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

I love some "ugly" vocal stuff she does, not that tho. :lolly: I love ScreamGa and OffkeyGa (Stuck on ****ing You says hi) while some people cant stand that.

What part of DiC? Most of it sounds pretty low to me. The belt she does right before the last chorus is higher than the rest of the song but not that high. 

I feel like there’s a significant difference between her sound on the track and live (i feel like this is the case with a lot of her music; but its not necessarily  a bad Thing imo i think she sounds better live) 

i don’t know if maybe it’s how dramatic and forward the Verses are but it just sounds really high for her to me? 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
1 minute ago, FameHookah said:

Tea!

I forgot about those, Hollywood is such a gem 😭

HalleewoHoooo 

I love that song cause it's so prescient :bradley:

And the melody reminds me of Stuck on ****ing You which I also LOVE

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

FameHookah
9 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Okay TEA bit i feel like Gaga’s albums keep getting higher and HIGHER stupid love feels like it’s almost always belted? 
when she was singing it in the gaga vision she was in falsetto for something i didn’t expect her to be in falsetto for (i forgot what part she was singing to nicola)

but also i feel like she’s gonna do a lower harmony whne she sings ROM live, and focus on ad libbing belts tbh

She getting back to her prefame high notes! 

Which is good because she really hurt her voce in 2008/9 and then 2018/19

Now that she's resting she'll be back stronger than ever.

WTF is MDNA

Lovelife
1 hour ago, derpmonster said:

...to sing live.

I know most people see this song as a cute bop but it's far from being like Just Dance or Poker Face vocally. I was thinking how vocally challenging it is especially for Gaga - she's a mezzo soprano and her voice isn't that high. And no, I'm not talking about the high head voice note, although that's gonna be a thing too.

The chorus starts pretty high straight away: on an E5. For contrast, the highest note in Paparazzi is Eb5, half a step down from E5. Paparazzi's chorus, which is one of her higher choruses starts at an A4.

Gaga sings part of the chorus in her head voice and then switches to modal/chest voice and then a mix for the final note. This is a bit difficult to do in live settings. Gaga has done it before, but for the sake of simplicity, she might just opt to sing the whole thing in her modal voice a la The Cure's live performances.

But then the question is, can she sing the E5 in her modal voice all the time? TEOG's highest note is a D5, the same as the high note in TIHTY (studio version) and the last "dream" from her Oscars Sound of Music performance. And she doesn't sing that in the original key at Enigma. She sings it lowered, which makes me wonder if she'll sing Rain On Me in a lower key live. And that could be an issue IF she ever does a live performance with Ariana.

And then of course, there's the high B5 in her head voice towards the end :D

It'll be interesting to see for sure. :) She has set up quite a challenge for herself, we'll see how she chooses to tackle it when she goes on tour and has to sing it repeatedly as part of a long set.

I was just thinking about that too and I was like "can she singing it live whilst dancing?" But surely she's gaga, she has no boundaries

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

I feel like there’s a significant difference between her sound on the track and live (i feel like this is the case with a lot of her music; but its not necessarily  a bad Thing imo i think she sounds better live) 

i don’t know if maybe it’s how dramatic and forward the Verses are but it just sounds really high for her to me? 

I think it's probably the contrast. Most of it is dramatic and low and then there's that highish belt

derpmonster
Just now, Lovelife said:

I was just thinking about that too and I was like "can she singing it live whilst dancing?" But surely she's gaga, she has no boundaries

I want this to be true :bradley: sadly she's a supernatural spirit constrained within a tiny human body, one whose muscles won't stretch past what makes a G5 in the absolute best case

KORG
Just now, derpmonster said:

:ladyhaha:

Okay but is one acoustic live performance too much to ask for? Girl gave us that for PI.

She even belted an F#5 for DWUW live at the AMAs. :rip:

... I've been praying to the gay gods for years for Gaga to hit us with exactly what we need.

Where in the name of all that's holey is my acoustic performance of Just Dance not recorded on a potato in 243BC? 

With one hand she giveth, with the other she taketh away and cooks with pizzelles.

derpmonster
Just now, KORG said:

... I've been praying to the gay gods for years for Gaga to hit us with exactly what we need.

Where in the name of all that's holey is my acoustic performance of Just Dance not recorded on a potato in 243BC? 

With one hand she giveth, with the other she taketh away and cooks with pizzelles.

I lost it when I read that omfg 💀 

I got exactly the reference you made. A Very Gaga Thanksgiving TEOG

FameHookah

Im living for this thread

haha gaga's voice is magical and everchanging, we need to talk more about it!

But im still wondering about that ROM note, can someone confirm its the same in King Of Pain ft Sting (live)?

WTF is MDNA

derpmonster
Just now, FameHookah said:

But im still wondering about that ROM note, can someone confirm its the same in King Of Pain ft Sting (live)?

I haven't listened to that performance :sweat: guess I'm a flop stan

Will listen to it when I wake up and compare.

I don't have absolute pitch, I usually use this app called Pitched Tuner on my phone and sing the note I hear into it to figure out what it is. Or play on the piano.

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, FameHookah said:

one could do a case study and write a dissertation on Gaga's voice through her career :bradley:

I'd just need more data points, access to her unreleased songs, demos, and all recordings would be great :ladyhaha:

littlepotter

Sorry about all the people telling you "x is harder!" based on how they feel about it and not the technicality :sweat: you're right, this will definitely be a challenge to sing live and I'm interested to see how she'll manage

chaeri pls

KORG
11 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

one could do a case study and write a dissertation on Gaga's voice through her career :bradley:

I'd just need more data points, access to her unreleased songs, demos, and all recordings would be great :ladyhaha:

Changing Skies is the peak of her voice. Dont press play until you have the volume up high though :wtfga:

derpmonster
10 hours ago, KORG said:

Changing Skies is the peak of her voice. Dont press play until you have the volume up high though :wtfga:

Link please :ohwell:

Archived