💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do we think Madonna could have another peak in her career?

Goldfish

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

Not really. I think shell always be respected though.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reid LePage
20 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

Dula Peep- Physical Remix Feat. Madonna

:enigma:

i would love to see this!!!!

March34th
9 hours ago, River said:

blah GIF

I find it funny how young people likes to throw the word "experimental" without actually understanding it or probably never even listened to an experimental album, Madam X is just a bunch of irritating songs trying to be experimental but not getting there at all.

girl how is a pop album that has influences from Latin music, orchestral, piano, acoustic, traditional West African, and Portuguese music marketed towards a pop audience "not experimental"

there's no need to have a meltdown. just say you don't like Madonna and move on :billie:

Monsieur D

I would like to, but I don't think so. 

I love her with all my heart, but it seems like she's kinda disconnected with the audiences, and even with her fans.

Madame X was a great album (Maluma's colaborations messed the album for me, personal opinion, don't come at me), but I can totally see her in a few years coming with a (another) basic album, with a lot random colaborations, "trying to be trend and trying to be cool", making the same mistake again. 

She has nothing to prove, all that I expect from her is that she be true to herself. She doesn't need Maluma, Nicki or wathever. When she was on the top she was true to herself, she was herself for better or for worse, now it feels like she only wants to trend...

She doesn't need another peak, she needs to stop caring about trending, she's iconic, a legend, but someone has to tell her that she doesn't need to be on the top again, she's only messing her legacy.

lucastecala
20 hours ago, Goldfish said:

She’s constantly reinventing herself and certainly still seems to get interest when she releases new music. Her last worldwide HIT was Hung Up, over twenty years into her career. And her last #1 single here in the U.K. was 2008’s 4 minutes. She’s been slowly on the decline ever since. But do we think she has the potential to have another huge worldwide Hit/Album/Era? 

It's not very likely considering what's happened to other major artist's career after 60, or 50 for that matter. BUT it wouldn't be Madonna's first trail to blaze. When it comes to her, ANYTHING is possible. She's been the first one to achieve things that seemed impossible in many other occasions, so maybe this will be another one.  

janetjackson
20 hours ago, Ricardo said:

as much as I wanted to but no, I believe Madonna isn't relatable to anyone anymore and that's why she haven't had a hit since who knows when 

I hate to say it, but I think it has nothing to do with relatability or even age, as much as she tries to tell that narrative. I think it's the quality of her music. 

When is the last time she's released something that was legendary? Hung Up. She was on Warner's Sire and had label input to ensure success. 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/forums/topic/778139-madonna-may-have-quietly-signed-with-republic-records/&tab=comments#comment-16709134

The deal she had with Live Nation & Interscope was distribution only. They had no creative say over how the album itself was made. I think it also explains the disastrous leaks during her Rebel Heart era and the terrible sound quality of the mastering her last two albums. Compare the production and songwriting quality of Confessions to MDNA, Rebel Heart or Madame X. 

I am curious about the Republic Records arrangement. If she were to release an undeniable single at par with her best work then yes, I think it is possible she could have another hit.

River
35 minutes ago, March34th said:

girl how is a pop album that has influences from Latin music, orchestral, piano, acoustic, traditional West African, and Portuguese music marketed towards a pop audience "not experimental"

there's no need to have a meltdown. just say you don't like Madonna and move on :billie:

I-:air:

I think you’re the one who’s  having a meltdown sis, I mean you’re the one who was triggered and ran fast to comment me back lol

I love Madonna from before you were even born lol what are you saying omg:toofunny:

And you just named a typical latin album from a mainstream latin artists, I mean there was an experimental Madonna and then there’s Madame X.

And let’s say that it is experimental, it doesn’t mean that it’s good, I didn’t enjoy any song of this album..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

steven

I don’t think so, her fans are getting old and she doesn’t appeal to a younger audience because they barely know her and are not interested in seeing grandma twerking. Someone brought up the idea of her having a residence, I think that could be a good idea for her to protect her legacy. Otherwise, I don’t see it happening anytime soon. 

March34th
2 hours ago, River said:

I-:air:

I think you’re the one who’s  having a meltdown sis, I mean you’re the one who was triggered and ran fast to comment me back lol

I love Madonna from before you were even born lol what are you saying omg:toofunny:

And you just named a typical latin album from a mainstream latin artists, I mean there was an experimental Madonna and then there’s Madame X.

And let’s say that it is experimental, it doesn’t mean that it’s good, I didn’t enjoy any song of this album..

Girl dkkddk im not having a meltdown I'm trying to defend the album, because compared to her earlier discography it was experimental. She's never done something like Madame X. it's not experimental as in the genre - it's still a pop album - but it has dozens of influences mixed in (some people use that to say it's not a good album because to some people it sounds like it lacks cohesion which I can see - though I still love it). All of Madonna's earlier stuff was just pop/rock/electronica. The last time she tried something new that was noticeable was probably Music back in 2000 which incorporated folktronica. Other than that, Ray of Light had two songs that were inspired by Indian music, and Confessions on a Dance Floor incorporated disco elements and was formatted to be played from start to finish.

You don't have to enjoy something and I don't have an issue with that but regardless of how you feel it is her most experimental work to date and a lot of people love it for that reason, it also was an American Life 2.0 with the political commentary which we stan :enigma:

Cookie Tookie

Madonna doesn’t even need another peak. Madonna IS the peak of female pop music of the last 50 years. She’s done more in her career than 90% of the girls. She is still a touring force, and still sells after all these years.

Babel

No one expected Madonna to survive the 80s yet here we are. Who knows. 

beaublue
On 5/25/2020 at 10:39 PM, NCgaga said:

I don’t think she will have another pop peak. And why should she? She is the number one selling female artist of all time. She is the most relevant pop girl of all time. She doesn’t need another leak. She could use her artistry and branch out and do more albums- maybe accoustic or something that challenges her vocally. 

Wait... then why does everyone say Mariah is the number one selling female artist of all time? Which is it? 😂

RAMROD
7 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

I gotta say, I really enjoy hate-reading this thread. Keep it going guys:enigma:

Better not coming to this thread at all, especially just to post this passive aggresive BS and taking opinions for hate of your bias, when nothing been posted are hate :lmao: Learn how to not care :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Queen Bitch
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Better not coming to this thread at all, especially just to post this passive aggresive BS and taking opinions for hate of your bias, when nothing been posted are hate :lmao: Learn how to not care :lmao:

Ok. If you say so. There has been many, if not hateful, severely negative comments about Madonna. 

Archived