💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do we think Madonna could have another peak in her career?

Goldfish

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom
4 hours ago, Loeppke said:

I can’t imagine she hitting another “peak,” though I’m sure she has potential for another critically acclaimed record if she tried to do something for the artistry and not for the clout-chasing. 

Madame X

Bitch I'm Madonna

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think so... 

Her last good albums were American Life and Confessions. Since then, she's only put out mediocre or really bad albums that have ruined her legacy and made her look like a joke:bradley:

I could see her having success again with another Ray Of Light, but there's also the ageism factor which is very present in the GP's eyes :(

no

JusKeepBreathin

Easily. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Skabi

since confessions & hard candy she's been trying too hard to show that she's still hip and cool. personally i don't see any point in that, i mean the woman is in her 60s and can still pull a full blown show with choreo and even amazing visuals. she should embrace her status, i think this would have way more impact than a collab with a fresh artist like nicki or maluma. other than that i believe madame x was a step in the right direction and i loved the entire aesthetic she went for.

would she have another peak? probably, possibly, maybe not. who knows? its madonna after all. even before confessions people thought she was done and she came back and took the world by storm lol

The Child

Madonna needs to act like the Queen of Pop she is, she needs to STOP these desperate featuring with young artists, she should be hard to reach, she should put herself on a pedestal, she should takes notes from Beyoncé.

She needs a complete revamp, a more serious instagram, less TV interviews, less disastrous live performances. Ghosttown was a step in the right direction, she looked beautiful, the music video was amazing.

Madame X was just a messy era with messy unappealing visuals and the music was just flat out bad.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

March34th

I could see it happening, and she isn't going anywhere, so I'm sure she will have plenty of opportunities in the future to get bigger radio hits and reach new peaks, I think part of the issue were the gaps between MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X.

But with that being said I don't think she needs to have a new peak to have success. She's Madonna, she is the moment and always will be regardless of how many people try to pretend she's not impactful or is "over", she remains on the GPs mind and she shaped the way pop music is today.

March34th
3 hours ago, River said:

Madonna stopped reinventing herself after Confessions, since Hard Candy she's just doing what is satisfying the current young listeners, it did work with Hard Candy.

She literally released one of the most experimental pop albums of 2019 but go off

ThisBitch

She ruined her own legacy in Europe, the performance at Eurovision was not it :billie: she should be proud and look back at her legacy but instead she's trying to be young and cool. It's just not working, people will only remember her good work when she dies, sadly. They view her as a joke now

LateToCult

Commercially, she’s done. She’s collaborated with big names and none of the projects were able to take off. She could collaborate with Drake, Ariana, or Taylor and it would still fail to take off because there’s not enough interest in her from younger audiences. It happens to everyone.

I think she sort of shot herself in the foot by picking a fight with Gaga all those years ago. MDNA and Rebel Heart were interesting records that could have gained some support from the younger gay generation if she hadn’t gone and insulted one of the major players in pop. Now she’s just a punching bag for millennial gays and gen z gays sort of just followed suit.

scheisseJK

for me its a rhetorical question.  The last change for her to have a hit  is to colaborate with Gaga :billie: (hype build up on past "conflict" and gaga power) but it won't happen so i'm sure she won't have it. :trollga:

Hades
6 hours ago, Sour Candy said:

Batuka definitely has the latino vibe. And her vocals on all the songs including Dark Ballet are autotuned/pitched (they sound awful af imho). It's obviously done due to commercial reasons.  

It's Mirwais's signature style. If anything her vocals esp on Future are butchered. 

River
5 hours ago, March34th said:

She literally released one of the most experimental pop albums of 2019 but go off

blah GIF

I find it funny how young people likes to throw the word "experimental" without actually understanding it or probably never even listened to an experimental album, Madam X is just a bunch of irritating songs trying to be experimental but not getting there at all.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Queen Bitch

This thread reminds me why Madonna discussions should be banned on here. So much hate and delusion:billie:

HausOfMark

She could.. if she properly promoted an album. I feel this last album she didnt really promote and never heard anything about it.

This is not a shade. 

-Mark

Madonna have no chance for another hit becouse of her age, radio stations ageism, and to be honest with that huge career I dont think she needs this. 

Archived