đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do we think Madonna could have another peak in her career?

Goldfish

Featured Posts

Maleficent
28 minutes ago, Doot said:

I don't think so. 

I think she's given up and/or ran out of ideas creatively. She hasn't reinvented herself since 2005, and everything since Confessions as been a slow spiral downward. 

she absolutely hasn’t run outta ideas. she’s just moved away from trying to chase trends like she did with HC/MDNA, and is doing her own creative thing now, and is in fact putting more of herself out there—as opposed to “giving up”  

she’s paying for a lot of her videos/tour expenses outta pocket—and obviously she wouldn’t be wasting her own money if she didn’t believe in her art or “given up” 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27monster27
1 minute ago, Doot said:

madonna-cowgirl.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

madonna-madame-x-PHOTO-CREDIT-Steven-Kle

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean.... :awkney:

Every celebrity has similar looks to those of their past, it can't really be helped from happening. It doesn't mean that they are uninspired, though.

he/him/his

okay well in that case since my own personal opinion of her lack of "reinvention" is triggering y'all, then I'll simply respond to OP and say "sure, if she makes good music again that people en masse actually like" :poot:

Widows Kiss

No, Madonna is done commercially. MDNA was Madonna's last chance at scoring a big hit and she blew it.

Jose P
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

madonna-cowgirl.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

madonna-madame-x-PHOTO-CREDIT-Steven-Kle

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean.... :awkney:

Seriously? So you are willing to say that the Madame X era was totally cowgirl country inspired like Music? Or that it had the same aesthetic as Erotica? How familiar are you even with Madonna’s work? Oh so she wore a black wig and a cowboy hat twice, Madame X is totally a concept and aesthetic that she’s done before many times in her career. I can’t really take you seriously with what you’re presenting me lmao

I don't think she ever will.

She peaked in the late 80's / early 90's with True Blue, LAP, Vogue

She peaked again with ROL & Music

The last time she's peaked was with.. MDNA? Or Rebel Heart? I'm not quite sure.

I sadly think that Madonna won't get another peak..

reidorox

I don’t think so but I don’t think she’s interested in that, anyway. I feel like her focus is creating relatively age appropriate pieces of art right now. I think Madame x was a very mature move for Madonna, she dialed down the sexuality and focused more on using her platform to comment on the state of the world. The era was super thorough and though out, the merch/visuals/music/fashion /tour were extremely polished and cohesive. I hope she continues exploring more thought provoking and mature works instead of fighting for relevancy and “sex icon” status. But who knows her next album may just be back to more “don’t it taste like holy water/yeezus loves my *** best”.

Just now, Jose P said:

Seriously? So you are willing to say that the Madame X era was totally cowgirl country inspired like Music? Or that it had the same aesthetic as Erotica? How familiar are you even with Madonna’s work? Oh so she wore a black wig and a cowboy hat twice, Madame X is totally a concept and aesthetic that she’s done before many times in her career. I can’t really take you seriously with what you’re presenting me lmao

I'm simply saying that from my own personal viewpoint, she began rehashing old looks, slapped on an eye patch and created a character. 

I'm not saying that what she did wasn't by definition "creative", I'm saying that for me based upon her entire career, she's no longer reinventing herself like she used to. 

I don't dislike the woman at all, I just don't personally think she's brought anything overly new or engaging to the table visually for the last 15+ years, and her music quality (again, imo) has drastically dropped. 

Angelm

In music? Nope. 
Maybe in an other field, she’s just not appealing to the masses anymore, also most of her fanbase is retired so...no.

Spoiler

We could be wrong tho.

Jose P
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

okay well in that case since my own personal opinion of her lack of "reinvention" is triggering y'all, then I'll simply respond to OP and say "sure, if she makes good music again that people en masse actually like" :poot:

65-A5-F472-40-DE-4-A5-D-98-AC-22155543-B
I mean, it’s not like everyone hated Madame X :ohwell:

But yes, completely uncommercial music. That album was not destined to succeed. Maybe if it had happened earlier on in her career, but she doesn’t really have the GP’s attention anymore. Simply put, no one besides her fans and popheads care about her music anymore.

reidorox
1 minute ago, Doot said:

I'm simply saying that from my own personal viewpoint, she began rehashing old looks, slapped on an eye patch and created a character. 

I'm not saying that what she did wasn't by definition "creative", I'm saying that for me based upon her entire career, she's no longer reinventing herself like she used to. 

I don't dislike the woman at all, I just don't personally think she's brought anything overly new or engaging to the table visually for the last 15+ years, and her music quality (again, imo) has drastically dropped. 

Watch the batuka video and try and says she’s ever tried that before.

Just now, Jose P said:

65-A5-F472-40-DE-4-A5-D-98-AC-22155543-B
I mean, it’s not like everyone hated Madame X :ohwell:

But yes, completely uncommercial music. That album was not destined to succeed. Maybe if it had happened earlier on in her career, but she doesn’t really have the GP’s attention anymore. Simply put, no one besides her fans and popheads care about her music anymore.

which is really a shame because with the career she had, it just seems like she's coasting now. 

yes and

Well, she is in the phase of her career where GP doesn't care about her at all and never will. At that point, she should stop craving for a commercial success and start doing things she wants.

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

She absolutely can but her musical choices put her on the absolute wrong path. Her tours do amazing because of her old material, not because of the one she tries to promote. Instead of trying to find a way of reinventing yourself, I think shes at a stage in her life and career where she should just honor her past, honor who she was, honor those styles and those sounds that brought her to the top. She needs to make music that sounds like that, not weird experiments that try to appeal the masses while pretending its not to appeal the masses.

If she did an album that she sold as "the B side unreleased songs of her golden era", I bet that it would sell a ton more than her recent albums.

Cameltoe Chariot

If she had resisted the urge to chase "younger" trends post-Confessions and went back to her more serious sound like Ray of Light then absolutely.

Unfortunately her insane legacy is currently buried under 4 lacklustre albums in a row that only her diehard fans claim to love. She's really lost her way (and I say this as a Madonna superfan) and I don't think she has another peak in her. She'll always be an icon but her days of being relevant with new releases are over sadly.

Archived