đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Megan Fox seemingly calls out Lana Del Rey

COOOK

Featured Posts

Maleficent
14 minutes ago, weed said:

You guys are delusional and disrespectful if you don't think Megan deserves to speak on backlash towards females. The level of uneducation, far too much

The crux of Lana's argument didn't lie in the fact that she got backlash as a woman, the crux of her argument was that she was criticized for voicing her thoughts/experiences with human vulnerability, sexuality, femininity, relationships, and abuse. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Lana should’ve just say women in the industry and not specify names. She mentioned those names to get more publicity on that post. 
Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF by MOODMAN

shame
56 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

I agree, and perhaps my statement was made in haste. 

My point was Megan Fox doesn't express her own vulnerability and insight into the human condition in her art, she reads lines other people write her. She is not the best person to relate to how expressing ones deepest, darkest feelings and getting backlash for it feels. 

"she's not the best person" 

then who is? what are the prerequisites?

she could simply be talking about her experiences as a woman in the industry. and i think that's what lana was speaking up about, how gatekeeping whose voice matters in feminist discourse is wrong and determining what constitutes as being a strong and commendable woman is also wrong. i feel like youre just invoking what lana is against. 

and i do agree with megan, i don't think lana should've discounted the adversities the other women face in her post. her point would have been clear without uncharitably characterizing the art of her contemporaries like how she did.

angels forever, forever angels

57 minutes ago, weed said:

You guys are delusional and disrespectful if you don't think Megan deserves to speak on backlash towards females. The level of uneducation, far too much

Exactly. 

Megan Fox is absolutely amazing and has had an extremely tough time in the industry all because she spoke out. 

47 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

I agree, and perhaps my statement was made in haste. 

My point was Megan Fox doesn't express her own vulnerability and insight into the human condition in her art, she reads lines other people write her. She is not the best person to relate to how expressing ones deepest, darkest feelings and getting backlash for it feels. 

That's factually untrue. 

She herself has spoken about how deep into the artistic process she gets for her roles, and her voicing issues with the way directors wanted to portray her characters in promotional material and post production went against everything she was doing. 

ShayCristoforo
1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

Megan Fox is not an artist...she has no clue 

How dare you...

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

elijahfan

I love Megan, Jennifer's Body is an underrated gem - I used to be obsessed by this movie, I'm glad it gained cult status through the years.

PrestigiousTatteredChameleon-size_restri

God Control
1 hour ago, COOOK said:

EYldgfrU0AAHAV-?format=jpg&name=900x900

and shortly later deleted the post. Some reactions from Twitter:

Reveal hidden contents

What industry is she talking about? Wasn’t her last role in the industry in Transformers 2 or something?

Also Lana didn’t invalidate anyone. She said I want the same freedom to be me, like others do, which is very valid.

13 minutes ago, God Control said:

What industry is she talking about? Wasn’t her last role in the industry in Transformers 2 or something?

Also Lana didn’t invalidate anyone. She said I want the same freedom to be me, like others do, which is very valid.

IMDB is your friend. 

ChromeAngel

This doesn’t make sense because she literally DID NOT invalidate anyone. The way people took what she said and manipulated into that is weird. Everyone wants to be outraged. There’s so many reasons to actually be outraged so how about we stop fabricating stuff. Stop contributing to the delinquency of society. If you’re one of these mindless bandwagon people then YOU are something well deserving of outrage. Ok I’m done. 

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, Thwack said:

Was Lana really invalidating those other women though? No. Her whole message has been grotesquely misconstrued. 

And instead of saying "I could see how this might be misinterpreted" she went on 2 more rants, blamed others, and called them Trump supporters like a butthurt Stan would do. She could have handled this whole situation better. 

Chromatography

i can’t believe fvcking males on this thread trying to invalidate what megan had to say, which was true. such ignorance 

xoxo Craig
1 hour ago, Thwack said:

Was Lana really invalidating those other women though? No. Her whole message has been grotesquely misconstrued. 

She was. She said that the only reason Ariana and others had success was by "being sexy" which is completely untrue. Her whole post came off as salty because she doesn’t have the same success and nobody is checking Lana out the way people check Ariana or Beyoncé out. Alternative music isn't as popular as pop music, and Lana only has a certain demographic of people who pay attention to her. Unlike Ariana who has a target audience far greater than someone like Lana. Which is all fine by the way, don't get me wrong.

But Lana was trying to aim for a feminist post while putting down others for their success. Thats not a very feminists approach to put your point across. 

As far as I'm aware, Lana's albums all have very good metacritic scores and she has been praised countless times for her lyrics. If she wants people to pay attention to her, she needs to find a balance of what she currently does and merge it into a more pop route. She doesn't have to "be sexy" or "sing about getting fcked" in order to have a top 10 record. Our girl Gaga is proof of that. But Lana's orginal post came off as salty and attention seeking.

End Racism Now

Ziggy
1 hour ago, Trillion Reasons said:

What's the point to delete the post? If you want to say something, don't act like a kid. 

Deleting it gets more attention on it since it is even more *controversial*

Archived