Doja Cat apologizes, goes on IG Live

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyaway
5 hours ago, Dominic said:

These PR apologies are always a cut and paste job. Personally, I wish celebs would stop writing apologetic essays every time they do something wrong, it just reinforces cancel culture and sets the expectation that they aren't humans who make mistakes. 

camila cabello GIF by AMAs

DeleteMyAccount
5 hours ago, Dominic said:

These PR apologies are always a cut and paste job. Personally, I wish celebs would stop writing apologetic essays every time they do something wrong, it just reinforces cancel culture and sets the expectation that they aren't humans who make mistakes. 

Cancel culture is literally just bots  boiling up trouble. Everyone should know that. Also, no one had anything to say when lgbtq people were being “canceled” by actual politicians and people in power. Let’s focus on that. And at the very least “cancel culture” is really just accountability culture. Racism isn’t a mistake. Stating the wrong year is a mistake. Expectations shouldn’t be lowered so that racism is just some rite of passage we all pass. It’s not.

Also, the amount of fake controversies and acted out videos pushed by Russian actors on Twitter is beyond what we understand.

Miel

I'm glad she has acknowledged it, and I hope she moves to better herself moving forward.

That said, what she did was still pretty gross. Like, she could still be held accountable for it. I know y'all "hate cancel culture", but it's not bad to hold her (and everybody else) accountable for wrongdoings she has done.

Do I think people were waiting for something to pop up just to "cancel" her? Of course, and that's wrong. But what she did was indeed kind of gross, and it's okay to hold her accountable. It's now her responsibility to work on herself and be better from now on. That's okay.

But she also needs to ditch f*cking Dr. Luke.

3 points in and ready for more

God Control

Everyone talks about their “impact and influence” these days, and no offense to them or the work they do but I don’t think we’ve seen anyone influential beyond MJ, Bowie, Björk, Kate Bush and Madonna And perhaps few other names in the 90s., at the latest. Everything else was a reproduction of their work or walking the same path. That’s not to say newer artists are bad, but I don’t see how someone who based their work on others to be influential and I don’t see how someone who twerked in a few music videos to have any major impact. Just because you got some video to go viral or some generic collabs that sold amongst the ever-declining taste of the general public, doesn’t mean you’re a “cultural reset”.

That said, it’s ok that Doja Cat made mistakes. We all change and grow overtime and whom we used to be few years ago isn’t necessarily who we are now and we need to encourage people to change instead of constantly holding their past in their faces.

PAPA911

Annoying that everyone ran to "cancel" her without the facts or receipts. Everyone just hops on the hate train. 

God Control
1 minute ago, PAPA911 said:

Annoying that everyone ran to "cancel" her without the facts or receipts. Everyone just hops on the hate train. 

The people who “cancel” don’t care for morality, they just want a target to destroy and project all their hatred and poison onto. 

SCHEISSEMONTRE
8 hours ago, HasBeyn said:

Didnt she call Beyonce a monkey basically...

WHAT?!

Mychal

PAPA911
1 minute ago, God Control said:

The people who “cancel” don’t care for morality, they just want a target to destroy and project all their hatred and poison onto. 

They never actually "cancel" anyone either. Usually they just drive traffic to the person and cause their online engagement to spike. Which only feeds their pockets even more. It's why scandals are never a big deal to most influencers and celebrities. 

God Control
Just now, PAPA911 said:

They never actually "cancel" anyone either. Usually they just drive traffic to the person and cause their online engagement to spike. Which only feeds their pockets even more. It's why scandals are never a big deal to most influencers and celebrities. 

Pretty much yes. They’re just vultures looking for another witch-hunt, they wanna talk, they WANT to be offended, they WANT there to be something wrong and they ACTIVELY CREATE the next thing that they keep talking about for a few weeks. 

HoneyB

I think this also brings up an important issue about the complications of being biracial and having the pressure of having to “pick a side” and how this effects how a person views a person from the other race and how they grow up

💋 đ•Šđ•„đ•–đ•Ą 𝕐𝕒 â„‚đ• đ• đ•œđ•šđ•–đ•€ 𝕌𝕡💋đŸȘ

Here we go, a celebrity apologizes about something they did, and per usual, everyone calls bullshit and tries to cancel them. 

Y'all are more of the problem, not the celebrities. 

shame
8 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

That doesn't really seem like an apology, kinda seems more like an explanation trying to be an apology:interestinga:

part of an apology is that she has to address what she is being accused for and give her side of the story. does she not have the right to a voice and to explain herself and her situation? what would you rather her do? she also apologizes twice in the post if you neglected to catch that.

angels forever, forever angels

Wolf Boy
42 minutes ago, PAPA911 said:

People into cancel culture aren’t interested in facts. They simply like being able to complain about yet another person and be upset every day till it blows over and they have a new person to be angry at.

A lot of mentally unstable people devote alot of time to this crap.

PAPA911
1 minute ago, Wolf Boy said:

People into cancel culture aren’t interested in facts. They simply like being able to complain about yet another person and be upset every day till it blows over and they have a new person to be angry at.

A lot of mentally unstable people devote alot of time to this crap.

Goes to show some people are living really sad lives and that sucks. 

Archived