💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana explains herself

Varys

Featured Posts

41 minutes ago, gag said:

...and somehow still finds a way to compare herself to another black woman? FKA twigs was destroyed in the media when she was dating Robert Pattinson, and faced similar racist and sexist scrutiny when she dated Shia LaBeouf. She doesn't have any idea what sort of backlash twigs has endured her entire career. Lana please just log off.

This. I just stopped watching after she mentioned twigs. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Varys
2 minutes ago, T3rrorBlade said:

I thought there's already a final note? 

dHHJdfg.png

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

10 minutes ago, KORG said:

I understood her intent completely, but the fact is that she DOES use sex abuse as a narrative.

There is a difference between saying "I love the way you use me" and "I love you but you use me". 

Art is not about expressing positive messages to young children to be better human beings when the grow up. Art is about expressing yourself even if its ugly, dark, and sick. Expressing your ugly dark side is a way to heal yourself as an artist.

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

Art is not about expressing positive messages to young children to be better human beings when the grow up. Art is personal, its about the artist expressing themselves even if its ugly and dark. Expressing your ugly dark side is a way to heal yourself as an artist.

I love this. Beautifully worded

Bitch I'm Madonna

TortureMeOnReplay

At best she didn't express herself clearly in any message she's put out regarding this issue. Which is strange considering she's a songwriter and should know how to get her message across effectively. I don't understand why she didn't go through her publicist with her statement (or why they cleared it if she did). There was no reason to name any artist in the original statement. And I don't get why she doesn't see the issue with these things and apologize instead of playing the victim and calling people Trump supporters. I also don't understand why she has to name her upcoming projects in all this mess. 

Bambino

Kinda sad that she still has to explain herself and people still refuse to get her point.

KORG
7 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Art is not about expressing positive messages to young children to be better human beings when the grow up. Art is about expressing yourself even if its ugly, dark, and sick. Expressing your ugly dark side is a way to heal yourself as an artist.

Glorification of abusive behaviour is not art. 

For example: it's considered art when a photographer takes beautiful pictures of a person. Is it also considered art if the subject of the pictures didnt want the photographs to be taken?

Art is pretend, it's about portraying a feeling or provoking thought, it's not about the glorification of something that kills thousands every week. Where is the line? Is her next album going to be about how much she likes to contract AIDS from her lover or is that too far?

I'm clearly exaggerating but she cannot expect to create this narrative and not face the consequences.

Benji
22 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Not everyone. A few people understand and feel it, love her lyrics. Lana's music is not for everybody, she's in a niche, but I find it childish whenever I read "Emo sad Lana music", when a lot of her songs sound nostalgic & happy in the most complex way, but not everyone again can feel music the same way & feel the connection to hers. 

If that's all you took away from my post then I don't think you understood my point.

I LOVE Lana's music but it's deep rooted in insecurity and complex feelings that can feel like happiness.  I was in an emotionally abusive relationship and I loved that man and I had moments of what I thought were genuine happiness but I can see that even that was a part of my abuse.  Just like homeless people can feel happiness, just like the abused can feel happiness, we're complex beings with complex emotions.

Lana's music goes full circle.  Yes, it's more than just "haha sounds sad must be sad" ... she's singing about complex emotions but they all stem from a deep unhappiness and yearning.  I connect with her because I relate to those messages.

LilyLark

Oh Lana. I sort of understand what she meant, but it was also easy to see why people would interpret it as problematic. The latter posts were worse than the original, because she was using expressions and language (even if she didn't mean it that way) that a lot of problematic people do say and came off as clueless, white privilege.

She should have just said "My point stands, but I could have articulated my argument better and not named individuals as it left my words open to misinterpretation." It still wouldn't satisfy some people, but it would have shut down the conversation. Even if one thinks the worst of her comments, I still believe there was a overreaction on social media, etc. People are bored and looking to "cancel."

Benji
24 minutes ago, Tom Bradley said:

This is the perfect example of why cancel culture is such a big problem on the internet today. Her original post may have been worded ... weirdly, but she clarified exactly what she meant pretty much immediately afterwards. For some reason the internet has made people think that they can choose the context of something another person has said. If Lana says that it has nothing to do with race, then it has nothing to do with race, end of. You don’t get to decide what another persons words mean.

Cancel culture doesn't even exist.  Most people are cancelled on a Tuesday and back to selling their albums or a makeup pallet by Saturday.  I think people were right to address the fact she singled out black and other minority women; whether she meant to do that or not.

Pray4FameGa
58 minutes ago, Dilwyn said:

Lana is so dumb, to think some people consider her a genius poet and writer has me rolling :lmao:

bitch can't even form a coherent thought

I mean after her last album one of the most notorious critics currently working said she is one of the greatest living songwriters.

Stay hateful tho.

Pray4FameGa

I freakin’ love this woman I can’t even explain.

100% behind her. Do your thing.

Archived