💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana explains herself

Varys

Featured Posts

The Child

At this point, she's just beating a dead horse and she's rambling. Just shut up Lana.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
5 minutes ago, Dilwyn said:

Lana is so dumb, to think some people consider her a genius poet and writer has me rolling :lmao:

bitch can't even form a coherent thought

She's an accidental poet in my opinion.

She writes and sings about concepts I don't think she fully understands and what she believes is romance, beautiful and nostalgia everyone else sees as desperation, sadness and abuse.  I actually love her music but I don't think she realises everyone reads into it so differently to how she wants it to come across.

The Child

She keeps on confusing me. :messga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

RahrahWitch

Omg it keeps going.

All she had to do was apologize and redact the first paragraph and she would've been fine.

derpmonster

It was just to promote new music. That's it.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

34 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

:awkney:

She feels highly criticized for talking about her relationships because its not what modern feminism wants. They want an independent woman that expresses her sexuality and doesnt need a man, and that is all good, but its not who she is. Shes more submissive and fragile and feels like women like her need to be accepted in the feminist movement.

I think its an interesting topic, but it turned into people attacking her for being a white privileged racist woman!

Taylucifer

I kinda get where she is coming from, I don't think her original post was done with malicious intent, I think it was clumsily worded and ended up going a bit south. I get she is trying HOWEVER, I'm still confused why she even chose to post this in the first place. The way I see it, it is to promote her new album and books which is honestly kinda twisted:saladga:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Skabi

i sort of get where she's coming from but still theres no point into doing what she's doing. firstly she compared herself with rappers. rap scene has always been full of sexual references, drug abuse and money. its just how things evolved! if you bring these stuff into the pop scene or other genres of music of course u'll face backlash, didnt madonna face it? didnt gaga?

secondly she made those songs back in 2012 or so, the audience was not familiar with those types of songs. to have music she made ages ago being compared with "god is a woman" for example, is just stupid. ariana didnt release this song when she was in victorious she released it in 2018, of course she wouldnt face as much backlash as lana did (even though she still faced some)

lastly, why is she comparing music about abuse and toxic relationships and sadness with songs with sexual content? cardi or nicki or doja's songs are making people feel confident, its uplifting listening to women talking about their bodies and their faces and how good they look. its definitely not the same with music that makes you feel bad, whats her poing? of course more people will relate to the first rather than the latter. PLUS she makes it seem as though beyonce, doja, cardi dont face criticism for their lyrics and their content which is not the case. she should really just drop it, she is making it worse each time.

PrinceGaga

Oh wow it was like people finally stopped discussing it and she keeps it going. 

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

I actually love her music but I don't think she realises everyone reads into it so differently to how she wants it to come across.

Not everyone. A few people understand and feel it, love her lyrics. Lana's music is not for everybody, she's in a niche, but I find it childish whenever I read "Emo sad Lana music", when a lot of her songs sound nostalgic & happy in the most complex way, but not everyone again can feel music the same way & feel the connection to hers. 

Tom Bradley

This is the perfect example of why cancel culture is such a big problem on the internet today. Her original post may have been worded ... weirdly, but she clarified exactly what she meant pretty much immediately afterwards. For some reason the internet has made people think that they can choose the context of something another person has said. If Lana says that it has nothing to do with race, then it has nothing to do with race, end of. You don’t get to decide what another persons words mean.

KORG

I understood her intent completely, but the fact is that she DOES use sex abuse as a narrative.

There is a difference between saying "I love the way you use me" and "I love you but you use me". 

7 minutes ago, Queen Neyde said:

cardi or nicki or doja's songs are making people feel confident, its uplifting listening to women talking about their bodies and their faces and how good they look. its definitely not the same with music that makes you feel bad

I don't like generalization like this. Music is as personal as religion. Not everyone will find it uplifting to listen to a song about shaking your ass or having sex, and some will find it more uplifting to listen to The Greatest or Beautiful people Beautiful problems amongst many other topics she tackles in her songs. Everyone acts like Lana's discography can be summed up by an old hollywood vibe with sugar daddy references & glorifying abuse and toxic rships with a glamorous "cover-up". There's nothing groundbreaking about women speaking about their bodies in a sexual manner, when they've been sexualised for centuries by men, to take back that sexuality into their own hands, sure you can say it's "uplifting" for some, but for some others it could be interpreted as "degrading" just like some can find Lana's songs degrading and a shame for feminism movement. This was her whole point, that any form of expression in art and music is valid & should be accepted from women. But you believe otherwise I guess

C1trus

I thought there's already a final note? 

Îč'ĐŒ ρυℓℓÎčηg ÒŻÏƒÏ…Ń sтяÎčηgs

Archived