šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Epigenetic-Ga

GerMonsterNotta

Featured Posts

GerMonsterNotta

Any scientists or science lovers here loving Gaga's references here in the promo??Ā :cool:
I dont know how well the epi-genome has been referenced before in the pop culture sphere/ music world?! ... (unless anyone knows otherwise...)

I kind of love the slight similarity, inĀ that epigenetic scientists were once not the cool kids at the party when this was very new stuff, ie not everyoneĀ believed how important these changes were to diseaseĀ and are stillĀ purely focussed on direct changes in the DNA code alone........Ā but now the epigeneticĀ fieldĀ is exploding and really is the "s#xy science" in the community...

Come through Methylation QueenĀ :toofunny:

Do you think she'll make reference directly in a song on Chromatica?! Which one, and how?
Or is this just anĀ interesting discussion point for her promo.Ā 

..or is this line of excitement justĀ me hereĀ :lmao:

bill nye GIF
Ā 

Spoiler

happy kid GIF by AT&TĀ Stream rain on me

Ā 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delusional

Me reading this thread:

ā€are they talking about Epione?ā€

comedy central wtf GIF

ā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļøBANNED TILL SEPTEMBERā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļø

brucee

I do. I'm here for that.Ā 

I tried already to explain how it shows Gaga is a clever girl, she goes deep, she's on point. She know what she does.

This topic is fresh in the science world... So Like. The girl is literally studying depression and stuff and how it can be transmitted... Via the epigenome,Ā methylation of DNA and stuff.... OMG I traumatised of making threads. So thanks.Ā 

I got a feeling this thread will flop idk why. But it make me smile a lot.Ā 

Do you think that the Sun energy mixed with highly positive thoughts and chants can un-methylise the DNA ? I am doing that when I'm like alone in nature. Chanting for washing my epigenome....Ā 

hello hello baby.

Helxig

Okay but all I wanna know is if someone can tell me how to cleanse the depression and anxiety from my DNA?Ā :huntyga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

brucee
3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Okay but all I wanna know is if someone can tell me how to cleanse the depression and anxiety from my DNA?Ā :huntyga:

chant in the sun...Ā 

hello hello baby.

Helxig
6 minutes ago, brucee said:

chant in the sun...Ā 

I don't go in the sunĀ :huntyga:Ā  have you seen my skin? :laughga:Ā 

I'll chant to the moon insteadĀ :pray:Ā 

Naked under the milky white rays of the moonlight you will find me, dancing a dance not before seen by manĀ 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Giorno Giovanna
2 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I don't go in the sunĀ :huntyga:Ā  have you seen my skin? :laughga:Ā 

I'll chant to the moon insteadĀ :pray:

use some good quality sun protectionĀ :firega: and you can pray to the sunĀ 

恓恮ć‚øćƒ§ćƒ«ćƒŽć‚øćƒ§ćƒ“ć‚”ćƒ³ćƒŠå¤¢ćŒć‚ć‚‹

Both Sides Now

Hello girlies Iā€™m a lurker hereĀ :pawsup:
Ā 

Iā€™m doing a PhD in genetics and when Gaga mentioned epigenetics in her interview I actually cringed a littleĀ :poot:Ā I was relieved when she said something along the lines of ā€œIā€™m not trying to make this pseudoscienceā€ but yeah.Ā 
Ā 

What sheā€™s suggesting is a BIG stretch which Iā€™ve actually noticed in the mainstream. It comes from studies that show that ā€œstressā€ can cause changes to your epigenome which can be heritable. The jump from that to ā€œthe death of my aunt caused me to inherit trauma from my dadā€ is a bit of a leap for meĀ :ohwell:

I donā€™t mean to sound overly critical to Ga but I think most scientists would roll their eyes at thatĀ :messga:

brucee
17 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Naked under the milky white rays of the moonlight you will find me, dancing a dance not before seen by manĀ 

making poetry like this can be an option too.Ā 

Ā 

hello hello baby.

LilyLark

TBH found it a bit cringey. Also thought for a hot second that some dumb person would confuse epigenetics with Nazi eugenics and think the former was the latter.

It absolutely convinced me she was sort of into Marianne Williamson (lol), because she talks about epigenetics. To be fair, Marianne has a lot of people who love her and you don't have to like everything she does but a while back she used to be a semi anti-vaxxer (she denies she was ever one, but some of her old comments...anyway, currently she is not one thank god because I have some friends who are into her).

GerMonsterNotta
3 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

Ā 

Iā€™m doing a PhD in genetics and when Gaga mentioned epigenetics in her interview I actually cringed a littleĀ :poot:Ā I was relieved when she said something along the lines of ā€œIā€™m not trying to make this pseudoscienceā€ but yeah.Ā 
Ā 

What sheā€™s suggesting is a BIG stretch which Iā€™ve actually noticed in the mainstream. It comes from studies that show that ā€œstressā€ can cause changes to your epigenome which can be heritable. The jump from that to ā€œthe death of my aunt caused me to inherit trauma from my dadā€ is a bit of a leap for meĀ :ohwell:

I donā€™t mean to sound overly critical to Ga but I think most scientists would roll their eyes at thatĀ :messga:

I completely agree in that her save with not pretending to have answers and not beingĀ a "pseudoscientist" struckĀ with importance to me, I too am studying a PhD in cancer biology :DĀ 

AgreeĀ there are certainly many I know whoĀ would just eye-rollĀ at this, but my thread is more about putting Epigenetics in pop-culture and in the public, non-science sphere.Ā Everyone knows to some extent what DNA is, but maybe not so much about howĀ genes areĀ expressed in cells.Ā 

I dont think she's making a completeĀ leapĀ in what shes saying or jumping wholly to conclusions..Ā but more taking comfort in the fact that there COULD be someĀ science behind what she feels, and taking some kind ofĀ comfort in that people are finding it important enough to study depression and mental healthĀ at the molecular levels ....Ā 

Loving another bioscientist on this threadĀ :hug:
Ā 

Cherry Cherry
10 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Ā 

Ā 

I agree with the inheriting trauma from her dad part. Epigenetics is a lot more subtle than that.

The Dutch Famine is main example we're all taught in genetics I think, but it shows that the trauma isn't transmitted to you but it causes you to inherit a health issue (mental or physical). It's highly likely that the epigenome she inherited from her dad was tainted (for a lack of a better word) but she didn't inherit trauma. She's also experienced trauma herself so I think it's hard to draw a line between her dad's influence on her epigenome and how her life experiences have modified her epigenome. I know that there's ongoing research into how epigenetic modifications are involved in how humans adapt to a changing environment

Archived