💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica, 7 Years In The Making

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

Ok so hear me out :vegas:

I've been following Gaga since 2008 and there's been so many ups and downs. But anyone who survived the ARTPOP era can probably say there was a short time we weren't sure if we would ever see our queen on top again (Now she is higher than she ever was but that's not my point.) If you look at the time line from ARTPOP release and all its craziness, Gaga embarked on projects that not only was she interested in but they also drastically cleaned up / reset her image after ARTPOP. In the Zane Lowe interview, Gaga stated that the album was "too soon" and the GP wasn't ready for it. Let's look at the timeline:

2013 - ARTPOP release (tons of backlash, criticism of her music, "she's over", singles struggle to perform, messy era)

lady gaga face paint GIF by RealityTVGIFs

2014 - Cheek to Cheek w/ Tony Bennet (completely unexpected, winning a new fanbase, more Grammys, acclaim)

lady gaga grammys GIF by mtv

2015 - Legendary Oscars "Sound of Music" performance, AHS (more acclaim and proof of her status as a vocalist, begging of acclaim for her acting)

lady gaga oscars GIF by mtv

lady gaga ahs hotel GIF

2016 - Iconic "Til It Happens To You" performance at the Oscars, National Anthem performance, David Bowie Tribute, Golden Globe Win   (continued acclaim for her vocals and adult contemporary vibe, beginning of acting awards received)

JOANNE (This deserves its own section. Joanne was THE most unexpected type of album for Gaga as far as sound and it was very divisive. Say what you will, but Joanne was not just some performance at an awards show. It is part of her catalogue and without it, many people would still not take her seriously. It cemented her as an artist who can make timeless music and stay true to herself. This, in my opinion, was the actual reset since ARTPOP. The rest is just foreplay, but the fact she would make a genre switch like this is risky)

joanne million reasons GIF by Lady Gaga

2017 - Superbowl HT Show, Coachella, The Cure, 5F2, JWT (Massive viewership from the Superbowl, more exposure, and sold out shows)

lady gaga nfl GIF by Mashable

200.gif

2018 -. A Star Is Born film and soundtrack, Shallow ("We Love Her Again", you know how this went. Tons of acclaim for her acting, music, Shallow set record after record)

a star is born GIF

a star is born GIFGIF by Virgin Radio

2019 - Oscars, Grammys, more Awards, Shallow continuing on radio, Enigma residency, Software Ball Tour :huntyga: (serious actress status cemented, slaying the charts of all kinds)

lady gaga oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

2020 - Chromatica (? [SL bubbled under but the Coronavirus had a lot to do with that imo. ROM seems to be the actual start of the era and is slaying)

Gaga has returned to her "dance pop" roots (finally) after 7 years and we are HERE for it. As a Gaga fan, I have not enjoyed her music crazy like this since Born This Way. It feels truly nostalgic and exhilarating :billie:

Stupid Love GIF by Lady Gaga

It seems as if from the release of ARTPOP or shortly after, there has been a reset movement for Gaga and we are on the brink of it's greatness. Celebrate by streaming Rain on Me and it's music video :lolly:

Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

So what are your thoughts? Do you agree or am I delulu?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOVE JUNKIE

My main thought is why didn't you include a gif of the most iconic part of the ROM MV :interestinga:

on a three day bender

WhiskeyLikeMisery
2 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

My main thought is why didn't you include a gif of the most iconic part of the ROM MV :interestinga:

7-B409879-D3-F2-4823-BA98-2-C98070-AC447

:legend:

BlingNotTheMusic
8 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

That's it? :ladyhaha:

LOVE JUNKIE
1 minute ago, Delaytica said:

That's it? :ladyhaha:

yuh

she deserves respect

GAGAROMDANCE.gif

on a three day bender

migamiga

it's so weird that ARTPOP has been historicized as an era that received so much backlash when it didn't... AP didn't really make much noise outside of the stan world. At that point, people were over the gaga hype. She had become an eyeroll and other releases in pop were more entertaining to the public (Katy's peak, Lorde, Miley). 

EDIT: Since this seems to be really striking a chord with people i just wanna add that the things we/pop music stans made a big deal were virtually unknown to the public. nobody knows/remembers AP's first week projection numbers were going down every day, no one knew dwuw wasn't a top 10 hit, no one knew about the troy drama, no one noticed she was gone during her blackout, nobody thought she was over- they just didn't care for gaga at the moment. if you were to ask normal people about ARTPOP they would probably respond with "which album was that?" and if you reference applause or dwuw they might vaguely remember but for the most part it didn't really make a dent in culture (they she use to). were critics harsh- sure, but in terms of backlash, she received waaaay more during tf, tfm, and btw (i.e. meat dress, alejandro video, btw video, vma paparazzi performance, etc). oddly enough the btw era was really the catalyst for it but since she was riding the wave of her peak, we didn't really see the impact until ap era (or you could argue mtn)

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

yuh

she deserves respect

GAGAROMDANCE.gif

I typed so much tho. Y'all... :bradley:

EuphoricVibez

She pretty much made the GP thirst, and beg for the pop side of Gaga for several years, and now that she's doing it, it's being MORE than well received. It's being critically acclaimed. Stupid Love was a catalyst to that, and Rain On Me is being praised like crazy by the public, loads of stans, and other people who might be new to listening to Gaga's music

He/him/his

LOVE JUNKIE
3 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

I typed so much tho. Y'all... :bradley:

I mean I read it all and agree with it all, but I feel like it's all common knowledge to any gaga stan :laughga:

on a three day bender

BlingNotTheMusic
8 minutes ago, geishababe said:

it's so weird that ARTPOP has been historicized as an era that received so much backlash when it didn't... AP didn't really make much noise outside of the stan world. At that point, people were over the gaga hype. She had become an eyeroll at that point and other releases in pop were more entertaining to the public (Katy's peak, Lorde, Miley). 

I think it was more that we saw, once again, a popstar on top of the world get shifted. The GP loves to see artists fail and there was a huge change into their attitude towards her. 

I remember when I was stanning her so hard during the G.U.Y. era and several people I know we're like "oh she has music out now? I haven't even heard it." Or "Applause was a flop" stuff like that

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

She pretty much made the GP thirst, and beg for the pop side of Gaga for several years, and now that she's doing it, it's being MORE than well received. It's being critically acclaimed. Stupid Love was a catalyst to that, and Rain On Me is being praised like crazy by the public, loads of stans, and other people who might be new to listening to Gaga's music

The way she blue bal*ed us for so long :bradley:

Rain on Me indeed! :reductive:

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

I mean I read it all and agree with it all, but I feel like it's all common knowledge to any gaga stan :laughga:

unimpressed viola davis GIF

EuphoricVibez
3 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

The way she blue bal*ed us for so long :bradley:

Rain on Me indeed! :reductive:

And now we're being fed good :ally:

He/him/his

Archived