Just now, EuphoricVibez said:

And now we're being fed good :ally:

I can't say anything else without getting WP :stalkga:

I can't wait for this week :billie:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AnglerfishbraBENUS

I think ARTPOP was too soon and ahead of it's time but not musically.  I think when she says this she means that for her to pull off a record like ARTPOP, all the Joanne's and ASIB's etc had to come first.  We always knew she was a shape shifter but the GP didn't.

So I agree that Chromatica can live on to be what ARTPOP couldn't achieve

bluemonkey
12 minutes ago, geishababe said:

it's so weird that ARTPOP has been historicized as an era that received so much backlash when it didn't... AP didn't really make much noise outside of the stan world. At that point, people were over the gaga hype. She had become an eyeroll at that point and other releases in pop were more entertaining to the public (Katy's peak, Lorde, Miley). 

She was having dry sex with R Kelly onstage on nation television :excuseu:

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

all the Joanne's and ASIB's etc had to come first.

Hmmm, can you explain more? Like why did they have to come first?

What would've been a more successful BTW follow-up?

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, bluemonkey said:

Shook, now to realize she was going through so much mentally and was reliving her trauma with the mini DWUW era :messga:

AnglerfishbraBENUS
12 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

Hmmm, can you explain more? Like why did they have to come first?

What would've been a more successful BTW follow-up?

I'm saying that ARTPOP came off as try hard and Chromatica comes off as cool because Gaga changed the perception of the people.  If ARTPOP came out now, the GP would probably embrace it for being so daring.  Now that the GP knows she's an enigma they understand that by releasing a pop album she's not just some pop singer releasing another pop album.  If that makes sense .. maybe idk lmao

M i K E Y

I wasn`t a fan back in the days (Maybe too Young? idk) but when I´m watching Videos from BTW/ARTPOP era, I feel like I have been active since then and feel nostalgic even tho I wasn`t ''there''

Chromatica is my first Album era from the very very beginning (waiting for announcements after ASIB, rumors, etc) and I`m so happy that it's pop and the GP appreciates her again. This kinda must have been like that back then.

migamiga
48 minutes ago, bluemonkey said:

an oddly enough, it wasn't big news. the most controversial thing that era and most talked about was the swine puke

Roronoa

Thank you thank you Bradley Cooper for taking her under your wing for ASIB. You were at the right place at the right time. I don’t think Chromatica will have this much hype and acclaim if it weren’t for the film and Shallow catalyzing her status through the stratosphere. 
I think Gaga will now be a lot more careful with her decisions after Chromatica. 

ArtpopAct2
1 hour ago, geishababe said:

it's so weird that ARTPOP has been historicized as an era that received so much backlash when it didn't... AP didn't really make much noise outside of the stan world. At that point, people were over the gaga hype. She had become an eyeroll at that point and other releases in pop were more entertaining to the public (Katy's peak, Lorde, Miley). 

I agree that in terms of reception, the community has way overblown the backlash it got. It simply didn’t do as well critically or commercially as her previous albums, but it was not a flop in either of those areas by any means.

Still, whether the GP knows it or not, ARTPOP was the pivotal point in her career. It changed the trajectory of everything. i truly think it made Gaga think of things differently in terms of how she wanted to push her career forward. 

I don’t look at it as a flop, many girls wish they could have an era with the numbers of ARTPOP, but I do look at it as probably making her think “this is the wrong direction to continue in, let’s try some different things now.” There is a very clear “before/during ARTPOP” and “after ARTPOP” split in Gaga’s career.

Thing is the GP is kinda getting nostalgic for CrazyGa now. So I think she’s right in saying that a lot of it was ahead of it’s time and many concepts from it would be seen as way more fresh instead of coming right off the heels of BTW when people were expecting the weirdness:vegas: 

I mean we’re seven years later and the other girls still haven’t tried something as bold as Gaga was trying with ARTPOP (although she admittedly failed to live up to most them) 

I think you shouldn’t overblow the reception as super negative. But I also think it will always go down as one of the most interesting and pivotal moments in her career in the long run. It was far from just a filler, underperforming album.

Head Empty

People also tend to forget that the "backlash" had already started growing since the Born This Way era. It didn't happen overnight when she released ARTPOP/Applause. People were simply getting tired of Gaga after her constantly being in the spotlight. Overexposure was the key factor.

The Child
1 hour ago, WhiskeyLikeMisery said:

7-B409879-D3-F2-4823-BA98-2-C98070-AC447

:legend:

Your avi & this gif are in synch.

THE LIES! People "hated" Applause and just stopped caring for after that, people were just expecting her to come out with songs like Poker Face and when she didn't they stopped caring.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Roronoa
3 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

People also tend to forget that the "backlash" had already started growing since the Born This Way era. It didn't happen overnight when she released ARTPOP/Applause. People were simply getting tired of Gaga after her constantly being in the spotlight. Overexposure was the key factor.

:heart: I think you’re absolutely spot on.  

WhiskeyLikeMisery
1 minute ago, The Child said:

Your avi & this gif are in synch.

I made the gif and used it as my avi that's why haha. 

The Child
6 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

People really didn't like the sound of BTW, I remember that so vividly, ARTPOP just paid the consequences.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived