Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

When She Blew Your Mind

God Control

Featured Posts

God Control

Okay, so let’s focus on the positive stuff about Gaga’s career. What are the things you love most that she did, in terms of art and creation? It can be music, small projects, anything that is artistic, and no, you can’t use “everything” as an answer, because this is about your most favorite moments, the ones with the most impact on you. and there has to be stuff you love more than others.

I’ll start; in no particular order. I’m just gonna list stuff as they come to mind. Sorry for the mess!

1. Dance In The Dark

2. So Happy I Could Due

3. Heavy Metal Lover

4. Government Hooker

5. Marry The Night (song and music video)

6. ARTPOP Promotional photo session with the chair made of computer chips.

7. PAPER magazine photoshoot 2020, which is hands-down the best thing she’s ever done. Literally.

8. Marina Abramovic footage where she lies on a stone and walks naked in the forest and screams.

9. All of her long story-driven music videos.

10. ARTPOP launch party

11. The Living Dress, The Meat Dress and Volantis, the flying dress.

12. Aura, Venus, ARTPOP and Fashion! 

13. Paparazzi, Marry The Night, Dance In The Dark performances at VMAs, AMAs, Alexander McQueen’s tribute and the Victoria’s Secret appearance.

14. ARTPOP and Venus parts of GUY music video.

15. Perfect Illusion grew on me way more about 2 years after it was released.

16. Always Remember Us This Way

17. Her constant and intimate updates during the TFM and BTW eras and in-between. She was in touch quite often and every day there was a new cool thing happening.

18. Looking at the camera with her teary eyes at the end of ASIB.

19. Announcing the album title Chromatica, her best and most inspiring album title after The Fame Monster.

20. The simplicity and minimalism of TFM and Joanne artworks, as well as that of the name “Joanne”.

#1 Bad romance video.

#2 DITD opening for Monster Ball + interludes by Nick Knight.

#3 Anatomy of change (Scheisse remix) video with zombie boy (RIP), before BTW.

#4 Government Hooker @ Mugler's show.

JaysAMess

Her performance of Paparazzi at the 2009 VMAs was when she blew my mind and honestly, it's probably my favorite live performance of any artist. The reaction from the crowd is EVERYTHING.

Mirrion Rizzons

I was a member of the GP until AHS Hotel, so since then:

1. Perfect Illusion release - her first time releasing when I was a stan and I thought the song was gonna be a huge hit when I first heard it...:bradley:

2. Victoria secret fashion show - A-yo and john wayne

3. Superbowl - the most excited I've ever been as a fan. I was in freshman year and I stayed up til 2am on a school night to watch it

4. Shallow going #1 everywhere, exceeding all our predictions

5. ARUTW:bradley:

6. RAIN. ON. ME. song and video

her blowing my mind before I was a stan would be:

1. Poker face - the song

2. Pap - VMA

3. Bad romance - song and video

4. The meat dress

5. Judas music video

6. Jo calderone

Pennywise

Edited because I confused the years :selena:

VMA's 2009

Brit Awards 2010

But Born This Way holds a special place in my heart because as a gay kid in high school who was relentlessly bullied in a conservative country, I had virtually nobody on my side, and to see her do all that, SAY all that meant the world to me.

So:

Brit Awards 2010

VMA's 2009

Born This Way

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

DiskoBaby

The Fame and The Fame Monster era

Everything after that was a hit or miss. But... 

Hearing some songs from Born This Way. 

Her Super Bowl Halftime performance

Enigma tour performances

A Star Is Born movie

Stupid Love debuting

julz

She got me with the LED glasses in poker face. I was really into tech, and seeing that, used by a random pop star, got me interested. Later on, i heard her venture with polaroid, and saw her with this weird hair...and i got more interested. And the rest was pop history. So for me...tech..then fashion.

For me, it was Alejandro that grabbed my attention. It remains my favorite song to this day. Then I started watching videos like the Paparazzi piano acapella performance, DITD Brit Awards, VMA 2009, Born This Way Grammys that made me realize she was something special 

ThisBitch

Chronological order:

1. Paparazzi (VMA Performance), this made me a stan

2. Bad Romance, a timeless classic

3. Born This Way (song), encouraged me to be myself and come out!

4. Super Bowl, a nostalgic return

5. Always Remember Us This Way, the ballad I always wanted

6. Rain On Me (song & video), the Gaga I fell in love with, her best mv!

DaniKing

1. Poker Face - Just Dance was a smash but it felt “normal”. Poker Face was the real game changer.

2. Paparazzi - the MV, the live performances 

3. Bad Romance - everything about this song, since the demo version, blew me away. 
4. Telephone, Alejandro - shook to the core 

*edit: JUDAS should be here 😍😍

5. ARTPOP - it’s actually the album that made me interested in her again. I wasn’t really aware of it flopping and I really enjoyed the era and music. 

6. Sound Of Music - wow. I remember how it broke the internet. 

7. National Anthem at the Super Bowl

8. Super Bowl Halftime Show - best ever

8. Shallow - first time in years that I’ve witnessed huge success from her. I loved Shallow since the teaser and I couldn’t even imagine that it’s going to smash so hard

9. Rain On Me - the song was good and then I watched the video... wasn’t this excited over a project of hers in YEARS. I’m so happy.

Goldfish

Her 2009 Paparazzi VMAs performance was what turned me into casual fan into a STAN.

the telephone vid

the whole vastness of the ARTPOP era, I remember being on holiday at the time and would check here several times a day and she would sometimes wear like 3 different outfits and wigs in ONE day  it was amazing 

Her 2015 Oscars medley was amazing too. Another stellar highlight. 

as corny as it sounds, the success ROM is bringing her right now is another huge highlight. 

I invented post-its

God Control

I remember the times when the stuff I mentioned above happened and it’s like she got me super super excited each time. Every moment felt like something massive is going on.

Archived