Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did you know? ROM contains a music sample

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

Hybrid AT

According to the wikipedia page of the song, Rain On Me samples "All This Love That I'm Giving" by Gwen McCrae.

Listen to the starting synths of this song followed by ROM pre-chorus synths at 0:33 (clipped below)

Did you know it? Can you hear it? It's the same bassline

The song itself borrows heavily from a specifically French style of House music from the '90s (think Daft Punk, Modjo and Cassius). It also samples Gwen McCrae's funk classic "All This Love That I'm Giving" (which, in turn, was also sampled in Cassius's hit "Feelings For You")

From https://www.wmagazine.com/story/rain-on-me-music-video-ariana-grande-lady-gaga/

Thoughts?

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

CautiousLurker

Omg I think I hear it :duck:
And I usually can't hear anything :deadbanana:

Zander

Wasn't this in the "Welcome to Chromatica" Spotify playlist her & Bloodpop put together? Wouldn't be surprised if there's more samples used in the album in that playlist. Maybe that's what she meant by "there's a few surprises in there to".

fede ARTPOP

Cant hear it.

And ROM >>>>>>>>>>>>>

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

juicyjuicy
22 minutes ago, Zander said:

Wasn't this in the "Welcome to Chromatica" Spotify playlist her & Bloodpop put together? Wouldn't be surprised if there's more samples used in the album in that playlist. Maybe that's what she meant by "there's a few surprises in there to".

This. I instantly recognised it. The Cassius song was put in the playlist right after ROM lol.

Also sounds similar to this:

MiQuenDroid

I absolutely not hear it lmao. What did she sample?

All I ever wanted was love...

juicyjuicy

1 minute ago, MiQuenDroid said:

I absolutely not hear it lmao. What did she sample?

The bassline - the 3 notes that repeat in the 'background' of Gwen's song, and repeats in the background in the ROM pre-chorus and chorus, etc. 

MiQuenDroid
1 minute ago, juicyjuicy said:

The bassline - the 3 notes that repeat in the 'background' of Gwen's song, and repeats in the background in the ROM pre-chorus and chorus, etc. 

Can you give me the timecodes?

All I ever wanted was love...

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Did anyone report on the Sour Candy rumor? That it samples Man Eater?? I assumed someone did so I didn’t make a thread haha 

Archived