Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Hey Girl so unliked on GGD?

Delusional

Featured Posts

Roronoa

I’ve been listening to Joanne, she brings me back down to earth after all the Rain on Me high. :hug: 

But I’m skipping Hey Girl.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
4 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I don't think it's disliked per se, people just don't bring it up much... Now Come to Mama - that song is loathed on here, for no good reason too, it's such a good song and has a lovely message :bradley:

Why aren't you sleeping? :triggered:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Pop Music

idk 

I love it 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Maleficent

Bc the woman who wrote this 

and the woman who wrote this 

wrote a song that goes "Hey Girl we can make it better" over and over again 

Cookie Tookie

It goes absolutely nowhere. The collab itself just felt off. It’s a cute song, but I never go out of my way to play the song. 

raragaga

everyone's different. and everyone has different opinions and taste :shrug:

xoxo

CautiousLurker
Just now, Aarghya said:

Why aren't you sleeping? :triggered:

I needed to let my dog out real quick and after that I was like 'why don't I make me a nice big cup of cappuccino before I sleep' so I'm drinking it rn :huntyga:

Maleficent
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

big cup of cappuccino before I sleep

massive chaotic energy 

Lona Delery

it took me a long time to love it, but now it is one of my all time favorite gaga songs and the only song from Joanne i still listen to regularly

the bridge and outro alone... chills every time

literally replace "bowery" with temple bar or any other dublin street name & the song is about me and my girl friend during my time in dublin :messga:

but yea i guess we expected a banger from florence + gaga and they didnt do that, so thats why its disliked i suppose

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Regina George

It’s easily one of her worst songs. So much potential and the result was more than underwhelming.

Delusional
5 minutes ago, JK Rowling said:

I’ve been listening to Joanne, it helps to bring me back down to earth after all the Rain on Me high. :hug: 

But I’m skipping Hey Girl.

Yessss same, just rediscovered it (and the rest of Gagas discography) and I forgot how blissful most of Joanne is  

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

GerMonsterNotta

Firstly, the concept as a whole is fantastic, I really love Florence, and I think it had potential to be really iconic....

For me, I think that they could have worked on the production more...... a bit more catchy.....
I can see what they were going with a bit, with like vintage vibes with a bit of a, ...I wanna say.. Prince-ish-vibe, but I think it could been developed further and perhaps explode a bit more as a feminist, female-supportive anthem.
For me, I think this is something also evident in a few other Joanne tracks,  .... 

Archived