đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Zane Lowe Interview and Self Harm

Emily

Featured Posts

So, excuse me if this post isn't something I should be posting or if its totally out of the usual swing - I dip in and out of GGD over the years and so don't really know what i'm doing anymore!

Basically, in the Zane Lowe interview, Gaga briefly mentions that she used to cut and references discussing it for the first time in the Oprah interview. She mentions how she would read comments from people saying "the scars on her arm are disgusting". Having been a fan for so long and followed her life so closely, I have never read anything about scars on her arms at all, the first time she has ever discussed this was in the Oprah interview a few months back and there never been any photos of scars. I'm wondering what you guys think about this, do you think she is attempting to make herself more relatable by saying she's had the media comment on scars? Or do you think she may have meant before she was famous, that people she knew would say these things? I've also looked so closely at so many photos and can't see any scars.

I know this probably seems like a strange post, but to find out Gaga used to cut massively helps me, I unfortunately have significant scars all over my arms and legs from years of self injury and I am just curious to see any photos you guys may have found where these scars are visible?

Delusional

I was quite surprised by when she brought it up because I didn’t know she used to cut and I had never noticed or read about it before - kind of caught me off guard to be honest 

I don’t think it’s for attention or relatability because Gaga is definitely more relatable in a lot more different ways 

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Maleficent

I would imagine she can cover them up quite well with makeup/lighting/photoshop 

the only image i found was this, and its definitely not DEFINITIVE scars from cutting 

1390570155ce99ebcea8.jpg

melpomene

i didnt know either and ive watched 90% of her interviews ever... i thought it came out of nowhere and none of my other stan friends have ever noticed any cuts of hers

Just now, Borislshere said:

I actually did see this post years ago and its the only photo I have seen with potential scars - i do actually think it is. I remember a lot of people replying saying they didn't think they were scars and that they looked like hairband marks or something, though.

Thanks!

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich

Yeah I feel less bad now that I now that uwu

flyaway

There are lots of things behind the scenes we don't know about her life. And she has chosen this time to talk about it because I think she feels more confortable discussing them than before. She's grown up. She used to hide behind her strong persona during the first years of her career.

But now it feels like she's chosen her platform to help people and relate to them on a human level as she's gained strength on herself. And part of that is discussing one's inner demons.  

Venus Rose

Here's a pretty clear one from a deleted article.

Spoiler

ezgif-3-5cffb9365c12.jpg

EDIT: Not an s/h scar.

1 minute ago, Venus Rose said:

Hide contents

ezgif-3-5cffb9365c12.jpg

She said it’s a burn from a hair iron or something. 

OT: the first time she said that she used to cut was in Berlin in 2016.I can’t find a video with that moment but when she was talking to the crying girl she pointed to her right arm and said something like “I did this too”

gagasicebath
9 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

There are lots of things behind the scenes we don't know about her life. And she has chosen this time to talk about it because I think she feels more confortable discussing them than before. She's grown up. She used to hide behind her strong persona during the first years of her career.

But now it feels like she's chosen her platform to help people and relate to them on a human level as she's gained strength on herself. And part of that is discussing one's inner demons.  

I agree with this. Also, it's easier to talk about something once you're fairly confident it's something you've been able to conquer, so if she was still cutting or was fearful she might relapse she probably wasn't going to state that she used to cut. The fact that she has opened up about it recently is a really positive thing, I think. 

There were a few events she showed up to around the same time as the photos that are posted in this thread where she was wearing long sleeves or dresses with a long right sleeve. I think there's a possibility she was cutting again during that time- things seemed really rough for her then. It's a really tough thing to break free from completely and I'm so glad for her that it seems to be behind her now.

17 minutes ago, Venus Rose said:

Hide contents

ezgif-3-5cffb9365c12.jpg

i can't see the imageSad Michael Scott GIF

Itsbrenda
24 minutes ago, Venus Rose said:

Hide contents

ezgif-3-5cffb9365c12.jpg

I can’t see it?

Kattys

Maybe it wasn't visible to general public but appeared on twitter? She used to be much more active and maybe saw comments like this there. It could be just one or two that she remembered.

Suuus
32 minutes ago, Venus Rose said:

Hide contents

ezgif-3-5cffb9365c12.jpg

EDIT: Not an s/h scar.

I cant see it it says 404 -image not found        the URL you entered is invalid or exspired

Archived