celeb

More Doja Cat tweets resurface

Delusional

Featured Posts

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YourCureness

I actually cancelled her already for working with Dr. Luke. She knowingly worked with her despite him being him. And that's a more recent action from her, something that she cant just defend by saying "I didn't know any better ".

1 hour ago, OMonster said:

Isn't the tweet just her expressing the racism that black people have to deal with?

What's 'problematic' about a poc reflecting on how white people have it 'better'?

EXACTLY my point. 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, ModernXTC said:

I am feeling as though her previous tweets are being misinterpreted. I'm not going to sit here and translate anything for anyone, nor am I attempting to defend Doja Cat - as this is not the only time something like that has happened to an entertainer, obviously... but is this what makes people feel better about themselves these days? There is this prevalent trend of scrutinizing entertainers and celebrities (cancel culture?), any chance we get, over anything they say or write (usually on the basis of your own personal, oppositional opinions or their political "incorrectness" as perceived by an audience).:interestinga:

Just remember some of you are going to make it big one day - whether it's genuine success, wealth, fame maybe even all of the above... who knows? But keep in mind all the controversial & political topics, opinions, photos and other sh*t you post on all these social media outlets (including GagaDaily). Don't even get me started on your publicized Grindr endeavors and OnlyFans profiles. :messga:

Don't let it come back to bite you in the ass because the world isn't so kind when more people know your name

OMonster
2 hours ago, RahrahWitch said:

"Life would have value"

She outright said being black means you have no value and "any sensible person" would be depressed if they were black. You could spin it to the way you interpreted it but given her past that's coming up she most likely meant exactly what she said.

But... isn't she herself ethnic?

This is political correctness going way too far if own minorities aren't able to reflect on their position in society. 

subtext / fantasy

update: ok maybe i'm wrong, but this story is a mess. anyone have a link to a quality article on this whole debacle? bc i'm out of the loop

okay this helped get me up to speed. jesus... it's hard to not imagine we're missing some sort of context for why she was talking to these alt-right guys, but then, like, why would we go to such lengths to make excuses for someone doing something so totally out of the ordinary and virtually beyond excusing? 

amplifying the voice of the alt-right is not about artistic self-expression or cancel culture or anything else. amplifying hate and violent bigotry is wrong -- full stop / no caveats. 

https://www.xxlmag.com/news/2020/05/twitter-cancels-doja-cat/

teatree123

Anyone care to fill me in on this? I know she was in the process of cancellation, but #WeAreSorryDoja was trending on twitter last night? And now this??

Henri Bardot
3 hours ago, OMonster said:

Isn't the tweet just her expressing the racism that black people have to deal with?

What's 'problematic' about a poc reflecting on how white people have it 'better'?

The thing is, it's not the only thing she's said. 

Without context this tweet doesn't sound that bad, because I think many non-whites have felt like that, especially in the US or Latin America. 

However, she's apparently been member of an alt-right/incel community, and has mocked police brutality. 

So, all of that together and I think the tweet can get a very ugly meaning

pooiota

ToxicHot

Imagine actually stanning her. :toofunny: She’s not even a good rapper, Say So is only big because it’s a POP disco-influenced song basically just riding the trend atm (with the help of Dr. Luke) and she would’ve never even had a number one had it not been for Nicki’s remix. :lmao:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived