124 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for better song and video:

• Telephone is the better song
    • Rain On Me is the better song
    • Telephone is the better video
    • Rain On Me is the better video

Featured Posts

Awrah999

Two of the biggest collaborations in pop history and both INCREDIBLE songs and iconic music videos. Which do you song and video do prefer? 

music video beyonce GIF by Lady Gaga

vs.

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlasticPrincess

I can't choose and I feel like it's unfair to compare them! They're both unique and beautiful in their own way :heart:

Awrah999
1 minute ago, PlasticPrincess said:

I can't choose and I feel like it's unfair to compare them! They're both unique and beautiful in their own way :heart:

I feel the same way honestly but I’m curious to see the results and interested in the discussion. In no way am I trying to pit these collaborators against each other—I absolutely love both of them. But it’s still fun to compare when they are two of the best collabs we have in history and Gaga is in both of them :vegas:

TwilightMonster

Rain on Me is better in terms of song quality, but the Telephone video will always hold a special place in my heart :bradley:

Katy and Gaga stan

Danny Milk

Rain on me is a better song imo but the telephone video is soo good

I guess it doesn't really matter

Spyro

ROM is a better song.  No shade to Telephone and Bey, but ROM felt it was a "together" project, rather than a business one.

Telephone video will always be special to me, tho.  While I LOVE the ROM video, the Telephone video gets it by a nudge. <3

Spyro the Dragon

Aussie

Telephone is the most iconic video but I enjoy ROM song best and love the video as well - if only it was longer!

Gracious Gaga

ROM song is better.

Telephone video is more exciting- but ROM video is a bit more polished.

♥ Kindness Police.

DeanWinchester

Both are good and Telephone is iconic but it kinda aged for me and Ari is one my second-tier stan so ROM gets my votes

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DiskoBaby

I feel like Gaga was being more creative and ambitious when she made the video to Telephone. She was playing by her own rules and turned the music video into an event again. It was the height of her creativity where she felt comfortable pushing the envelope and being freaky. 

Rain On Me video is good, very well directed and choreographed and edited. But it doesn't have that edgy Gaga. It's a cute music video but not a video that will change music and pop culture. It looks like a standard pop video with good visuals.

Blastertoyo

Rain On Me song is more smooth and dancey

Telephone has the most genius and catchy hooks

Telephone video is shocking, colourful, in your face, has a great story 

Rain On Me video is smooth and dancey

:trollga:

please enlighten me to death

Archduchess

Please don't mess with Telephone's title of bestest music video of all times please 

Reality

Song: ROM

To be honest, I've never really liked Telephone. I think it's one of her weakest collabs. ROM is pretty much flawless. I also think her and Ari have a more genuine friendship. That isn't to say that her and Beyonce aren't friends or anything, but from the ROM video, and from what she revealed during the Beats 1 interview, it just seems like she's more connected to Ariana. 

ROM's a banger electronic/dance/funk/disco-ish pop song. It's seriously her best in years.

-----------------------------------------------------

Video: ROM

They're both great videos; this was definitely harder to pick. I think storyline wise, Telephone definitely beats ROM, but the visuals from ROM are just soooooo right up my alley that I have to pick it. The darkness, the cyberpunk aesthetics, the amazing  outfits, the choreo, etc. are nothing short of fantastic. 

🖤👹

ICouldntThinkOfOne

Maybe its hype and novelty but I just cant get over ROM and how joyful it is.

Telephone was a moment, the video is iconic but listening to her talk about her struggles and knowing what would happen in retrospect makes me a little sad; that even though she was on top of the world, and overnight it would all stop and she would find herself having to face so much trauma and new trauma makes it all a tad sad.

The first thing I thought after watching ROM was she looked so happy to be doing what she does, and she looked more driven than we had seen her in a long time. 

Telephone will always hold a special place, but right now, ROM is a winner.

Archived