💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should "cancel culture" be cancelled?

Bambino

Featured Posts

Ziggy

Ffs why is it always something about a white person stepping in a race issue that makes people get up in arms lol if you agree with Lana, cool. If you don’t, cool. People will think what they think, problematic or otherwise.

I think we can all agree that regardless of intention, she’s really DiggingMyGrave.mp3 rn for herself with each new statement lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Yes. It gets rid of two fundamental necessities for all, innocent until proven guilty, and the ability to explain yourself without being ignored.

Agreed.

I wish the public would accept EVERYONE makes mistakes and can learn from them.

We've all said hurtful things at some point that we really didn't mean or know what they fully meant.

The world needs less activists and more nice people.

C1trus

Yeah, it should be. Not just in stan community though. Rather than having a fair argument, they just throw personal attacks to one another. I'm kinda scared for the future.

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

ToxicHot
44 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Just judging by your example, what Roseanne did was not racist. She's not racist for making a joke.

Look at it this way, if she made the same joke about a white person, would people have been offended? If a black celebrity made the same joke about the same recipient would they be considered racist? 

Roseanne was just a victim of making fun of the "wrong type" of people and people got all up and arms about it. It was just a way of putting a white person "in their place" 

I still don't believe she meant anything malicious about it. It was just a harmless tasteless joke. 

Omg. I 100% agree.

I’m a huge Roseanne fan, I grew up watching her show (I still do). What she said was definitely rude, but it wasn’t explicitly racist, people just chose to interpret it that way. I don’t wanna use the excuse that “she’s a comedian” but yeah.... it was supposed to be humorous (it wasn’t though). I don’t believe she’d intentionally say a racist and ignorant remark like that on a public platform. That was very stupid, absolutely. I don’t think her career had to end like that though. 

I have a strong feeling that people already disliked her because of her pro-Trump comments/agenda. (Did I support that? Hell no. But I still looked up to her as a comedian.) I think if it wasn’t for that, the backlash might’ve been less extreme. I’m honestly disappointed that she would even say something stupid like that on TWITTER, I mean she’s such a big star and her sitcom had been revived after 20 years which was AMAZING to have even happened in the first place. It’s all such a sad, sad situation... :( But I’m so glad the show is still going on though as The Conners. I’ve watched it about every week when it airs! But I really wish she was still on the show, it’s just not the same.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

March34th

Yes.

Cancel culture most of the time is just people deciding to dig up old drama and taking it out of context and painting someone as "racist" "homophobic" etc or some other buzz word to try to destroy their image. It's harmful because most people on Twitter where this usually originates do not do their research and take claims of "Person X is racist" as gospel without trying to find legit evidence.

Obobo

Lets not discuss this now since doja cat is currently getting cancelled. I know miss gaga won’t approve but she needs another number 1. :stalkga:

March34th
1 hour ago, joannesrats said:

Cancel culture isn't real. It doesn't work. If it was real then Shane Dawson wouldn't get millions of views, someone probs would've taken a hit out on Nicki. Like it doesn't matter

it only works if the accusations are completely true and actual issues (maybe 25% of the time this is the case), or if the person in question chooses to succumb to the attacks. which also happens maybe 25% of the time.

If someone knows they are holding no malicious intent by making a joke, and they understand things like privilege and the sensitivity of the general public, and someone gets mad at them for something they do/say, then they shouldn't be bothered.

15 year olds get twitter and hear about racism once then attack and try to dox everyone who doesn't perfectly align with their worldview. it's disgusting and I'd rather find out someone I know/a musician I like said f*ggot or something once in 2012 as a joke than have those kinds of annoying cancel culture trolls constantly get their way. they need to be put in their place.

I think thats why I really respect Shane. He's never let anyone twist his words or past actions to destroy him. He knows who he is and he knows intelligent people aren't going to read one tweet and immediately decide to hate him/stop supporting him. Only immature people do that sort of thing without trying to see both sides to the story.

Shadow

What if cancelling cancel culture get canceled? 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

HausOfMark

Well Gaga is Lengendary and Queen. So I guess just give her the titles and cancel everyone else. 

-Mark

ice bear
1 minute ago, Shadow said:

What if cancelling cancel culture get canceled? 

we cancel it

4282abf7734b2633-mulan-gif-dishonor-www-

ice heard one side from above

SOON

It’s literally bullying so yes. It doesn’t change the fact that the celebrity they are “cancelling” is a person with feelings too. 

just imagine building up your career, and one day some pressed people start a hashtag that could ruin you emotionally, physically, economically in every possible way. Disgusting.

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

ice bear
1 minute ago, SOON said:

It’s literally bullying so yes. It doesn’t change the fact that the celebrity they are “cancelling” is a person with feelings too. 

just imagine building up your career, and one day some pressed people start a hashtag that could ruin you emotionally, physically, economically in every possible way. Disgusting.

rep era on them  200.gif

ice heard one side from above

SOON
Just now, ice bear said:

rep era on them  200.gif

YAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!

this is a great example by the way! People cancelled taylor and then the full thing leaked and the whole media was like “we owe her an apology”

people love to jump on the hate bandwagon

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

beaublue
2 hours ago, Brecht said:

This thread looks a lot like Lana's letter. Unnecessary shade towards talented female artists to prove a point no one asked you to.

This response looks a lot like the replies of all those “feminists” who chose to invalidate Lana & her individual experience in the industry & made it a race issue when no one asked you to, in turn proving Lana’s exact point. You tried though.

“No one asked you to” 😂 people are allowed to make threads about whatever they want & express their feelings, we don’t need to ask you if we can. If you don’t like it then ignore it instead of blasting people with 1st grade level shade.

SawyersInsanity

Cancel culture isn't real tbh because no one REALLY gets successfully canceled :ohwell: regardless of how reprehensible the actions are. I don't also care for people complaining about "cancel culture" when what they mean to say is "i don't want to face the consequences of my actions" 
the kid mero showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

Archived