15 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

"It looks like TSUNAMI are the thing now "

This song is an absolute BOP. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, codymonster said:

True. But it DOES sound like she is trying to actively strive for sobriety. Not cold turkey (She’d rather be dry, but at least she’s alive :vegas:), but that mindset MIGHT push her to slow down, which will help her vocals.

I hope she gets there... I hope she'll be completely sober one day :tony:  It will be better for her health in the long run. She has hit some amazing head voice notes live before, she can do it again.

End Racism Now

cold heartedpop

I lived for this high note and I wish i got to hear it live at the ball :noparty: bit I know she can definitely do it live when judt has to train her vocals and be consistent in improving her head voice she has already improved her rage belting , and technique 😋

xoxo Feels so good!

50 minutes ago, herassisfamous said:

In the reaction videos, nobody seems to notice that part but that is ICONIC. And also the rain on me tsunami  gives. me. life.

Oh also, giving this bop another listen as you said, and I can't seem to not bop to this song. Like I listened to it NON-STOP and I can't get enough ughh.

I’m loving watching their jarring and almost confused reactions to the spoken bridge. It’s one of my favourite vocal qualities from Gaga, it’s her signature. Watching people’s freaked out reactions to Gaga’s weirdness is why I love her xo

Ziggy

I love it but it’s what I don’t like about the vocal production. It sounds a little distorted. It’s like Gaga’s growls and texture and all that are there but then the put a varnish over it so it kind of is like looking at one of those cracked surfaces that you coat for a countertop? Like the cracks are there but you can’t feel them. It’s my only wish on the vocals for ROM because you end up losing some of the richness. I imagine it was done to better compliment Ariana’s voice which doesn’t have as much of a hard texture as Gaga’s but stilllllllll

It still sounds good but I’d have wished we could just hear her going OFF like in AP (MANiCURE being a good example; vocal texture, super expressive, elevated the electronics and gives them new life). 

rain on me
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

I love it. I'm a bit sad they cut it off.

are you talking about the "rain on meeeee" note or the "whoo-oo"? cause we can her the rain on meee part twice in the song:) it's complete at 2:36 but then at 2:51 they replace the "meee" with the "whoo oo" run

Terrence
1 hour ago, hoeslay said:

the fact that a lot of us can't tell if it's ga or ari shows how well they're voices go together 

but, like,

i need to know 

It’s really not hard to tell :rip:

It’s gaga

The 2 ‘rain on meeee’ whistles at 2.31 & 2.34 in the last hook are Ariana then the ‘whoooo’ whistle at 2.51 in the outro is Gaga 

not Chromatica
16 minutes ago, rain on me said:

are you talking about the "rain on meeeee" note or the "whoo-oo"? cause we can her the rain on meee part twice in the song:) it's complete at 2:36 but then at 2:51 they replace the "meee" with the "whoo oo" run

The woo-oo. It sounds like they cut off the -hoo part of it.

voidfigure

I wonder how she'll perform it live: a solo version à la DWUW or her singing over Ariana's backing vocals? 

(or a tour interlude) 

LostBoyfriend
4 hours ago, Quasi said:

I actually found it to be really jarring but in the best way possible. Like it's quite an unexpected lyric but really if any other artist included that in their song, it would sound out of place. Some might call ROM GP friendly but the lyrics are quintessentially Gaga in nature. 

Can you explain why?

For me it's nothing groundbreaking, but I'm an uneducated about music in any way, so why adding Tsunami makes it so great??

For the ears it's sounds so rich her tone contrasted with Ariana's, and I've always said this, her lower graspy voice has always given me such eargasm!

Quasi
9 minutes ago, Indeciso said:

Can you explain why?

For me it's nothing groundbreaking, but I'm an uneducated about music in any way, so why adding Tsunami makes it so great??

For the ears it's sounds so rich her tone contrasted with Ariana's, and I've always said this, her lower graspy voice has always given me such eargasm!

I'm not a music or lyric expert either so this is just my take.

Tbh, on paper reading those lyrics sounds really weird. Like it's a simple almost nursery rhyme sounding kind of lyric. Something a kid would read out of a children's poem. 

So to me, the fact that she included that lyric and made it not sound immature is what makes it so jarring. Like it shouldn't work but it weirdly does which is why I appreciate it so much. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Awrah999

As good as the “I hear the thunder coming down on me eh eh eh eh” part is (and it’s incredible), Gaga’s ridiculously high note takes the cake for me. Her ability to speak in her deep, robotic voice “Rain. On. Me” and “rain on me tsunami” on the bridge and then belt so high for this note is what makes Gaga’s voice so unique. I love Ariana’s voice, and her vocal runs are certainly impressive, but Gaga has a versatility in tone and power that she uses so well—and it’s the sign of a truly masterful vocalist and artist. She brings something different to every song she touches, and that’s one of many reasons I love her so much :messga:

Defmix100
11 hours ago, herassisfamous said:

In the reaction videos, nobody seems to notice that part but that is ICONIC. And also the rain on me tsunami  gives. me. life.

Oh also, giving this bop another listen as you said, and I can't seem to not bop to this song. Like I listened to it NON-STOP and I can't get enough ughh.

11 hours ago, codymonster said:

THIS. The tsunami part is literally so pleasing to the ears. It just sounds so Gaga.

I've tried to find this but just can't hear it, can you tell me the time code?

Archived