💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rain on Me high note

codymonster

Featured Posts

derpmonster

I wish it got more of a moment. It's about C6 to D#6, something she's never done before in a studio recording. I wouldn't hold my breath for a live performance considering how she doesn't use her head voice a lot live anyway.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
webeenknew
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

I wish it got more of a moment. It's about C6 to D#6, something she's never done before in a studio recording. I wouldn't hold my breath for a live performance considering how she doesn't use her head voice a lot live anyway.

i think it's a B5 though? or maybe i'm mishearing things

anyways her head voice sounds SO GOOD

codymonster
Just now, hoeslay said:

the fact that a lot of us can't tell if it's ga or ari shows how well they're voices go together 

but, like,

i need to know 

I know, I genuinely thought it was Ari at first, but the more I listen, I think it’s Gaga. It wouldn’t make much sense to me if it was Ari, because the transition from the “rain on meeEEEE” is so seamless, that I feel there would have been a bit more separation in the notes if it was transitioning to another vocalist.

Suuus

Well gaga is doing things she rarely does maybe that will change now

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

the fact that a lot of us can't tell if it's ga or ari shows how well they're voices go together 

That but also when people sing in high head voice, it's hard to tell in general. Head voice uses different muscles that don't have as much texture on them, so they don't sound as different from person to person as regular voice does. :)

codymonster
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I know, they needed the volume a little higher and the note to last a little longer. I have a feeling she won’t, but then she always seems to surprise me with the adlibs she busts out live. I genuinely didn’t think she’d do the high head voice notes in Applause live when it first came out, and turns out she can do them live quite effortlessly. So I’m holding out for hope!

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

but, like,

i need to know 

You can tell its Gaga because of the belt she does right before that run :vegas:  but yeah, her vocals are getting better and better as time goes on and its amazing to be a witness to that

End Racism Now

derpmonster
Just now, Suuus said:

Well gaga is doing things she rarely does maybe that will change now

Hopefully. Her best head voice notes were during the JWT and ASIB era. It felt like it went downhill from there (live) but we'll see.

derpmonster
Just now, codymonster said:

I genuinely didn’t think she’d do the high head voice notes in Applause live when it first came out, and turns out she can do them live quite effortlessly. So I’m holding out for hope!

Me too. But also the Applause notes are G5 to A5ish. These are much higher. I have a feeling she can only hit these notes on a "good day" which may not be every live performance.

Bon Gonzalez

I thought it was part of the instrumental at first then I realized it was Gaga. I was literally shook and hyped when I realized it. Gaga is not only a versatile artist but also a versatile vocalist. We have no choice but to stan. :firega:

codymonster

Hopefully. Her best head voice notes were during the JWT and ASIB era. It felt like it went downhill from there (live) but we'll see.

Which makes sense though, since it sounds like she was HEAVILY smoking during the recording process of this album. So hopefully since she has “quit” now, her voice will repair, and we’ll just PRAY that she doesn’t start smoking again.

Suuus
1 minute ago, codymonster said:

Which makes sense though, since it sounds like she was HEAVILY smoking during the recording process of this album. So hopefully since she has “quit” now, her voice will repair, and we’ll just PRAY that she doesn’t start smoking again.

Gaga stopped smoking siggaretess She still smokes weed 

codymonster
Just now, Suuus said:

Gaga stopped smoking siggaretess She still smokes weed 

True. But it DOES sound like she is trying to actively strive for sobriety. Not cold turkey (She’d rather be dry, but at least she’s alive :vegas:), but that mindset MIGHT push her to slow down, which will help her vocals.

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, codymonster said:

This... you can tell that during the recording of Joanne she was smoking constantly, and then stopped for ASIB. Her vocals in ASIB have never been clearer or cleaner... hopefully now that she has quit and doesn't start again, her voice will repair itself and she'll hit the high notes. Also, alcohol effects your voice and we all know how Gaga likes to drink when she is in Vegas

End Racism Now

Archived