Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Daisies to #1?

JRCF29

Featured Posts

Mocchi
19 minutes ago, Spyro said:

that is a MAJOR understatement

Poor Katy. I am not a fan of her but I guess people used her as a escape goat seeing how she had more commercial success back then :fail:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LDGA

She managed to debut inside the top 40 of UK , she is not lost at all. 

I think she will do a top 50 entry, but, the song has a chance to hang on, NRO managed to stay in the charts some months. I do not expect it to be a massive hit but will surely mantain some sales. Also, wether you like it or not, this song proves there is still interest in Katy Perry as a singer(she released 3-4 buzz singles, people should not have that interest in her right now, but still her song managed to peak inside the top 40), she just need more powerful marketing to do a comeback. 

And lastly, be kind, Gaga had the same situation, just that she managed to get out of there in a brilliant way ( two eras showing her pure-raw talent and a film with a soundtrack that everyone liked). 

JRCF29
1 minute ago, RedOneKonvictGaga said:

I screamed when I saw 'bubbling under'  :ladyhaha:

Poor Katy, the song is good but its not doing too great

I only intended to make a little lighthearted joke, but I've been dragged like never before:enigma: I find it so interesting that a little joke thread about Daisies would generate more backlash than the constant negative-for-the-sake-of-negativity posts about Gaga

Don't Call Me Gaga

Electric Mary
7 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

I don't think I'm helping gaga nor do I think I'm being a "good fan." It is actually possible to have thoughts independent of any relationship to gaga or her music

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

It's nothing to do with acting cocky or entitled, daisies was released before ROM, its chart will be released Tuesday, there's no cockiness or entitlement here; You think I've forgotten Roar (a bop) vs Applause? I wish people would reserve their outrage and moral posturing for people who truly direct negativity and hate towards artists, not least towards gaga, on this site instead of directing it at someone making a lighthearted comment. I fully expect to see each and every one of you descending on the comments section of the next thread someone makes about "Chromatica has no hype" or "ROM is awful" or "I LiStEnEd To ThE fReE wOmAn AnD bAbYlOn LeAk I dOn'T lIkE iT" 

did you seriously just call your comment "lighthearted" ? you were LITERALLY mocking daisies position and not too long ago gaga was having the same struggles. And this is a BIG problem little monsters have and that's what makes us one of the most toxic and hated fan bases out there. We put gaga in the "supreme" pedestal and trash/mock other artists along the way. Then, when gaga flops, we have to deal with hate from other fan bases because of people that make the exact same type of thread you just did, and I'm sorry I'm not here for that, you wanna act childish and entitled  do it in your head, nobody needs to read this.

About the hate towards gaga, that's also an issue but that's not what being discussed here so idk why you brought it up in the first place. 

Oh and funny I never saw threads like these during Joanne/stupid love post-release, but when we have a potential hit on our hands threads like these flyyyy like the wind. I cant wait for the next solo single to see if threads like this mocking other artists positions will take place.:teehee:

JRCF29
2 minutes ago, AMURER said:

Poor Katy. I am not a fan of her but I guess people used her as a escape goat seeing how she had more commercial success back then :fail:

I cold care less about what happened "back then." This is nothing to do with Katy, it's about the SONG

Don't Call Me Gaga

RedOneKonvictGaga
2 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

I only intended to make a little lighthearted joke, but I've been dragged like never before:enigma: I find it so interesting that a little joke thread about Daisies would generate more backlash than the constant negative-for-the-sake-of-negativity posts about Gaga

Yeah, baffling isn't it :interestinga:

I saw the funny side but everyone else seems to be taking it very seriously indeed

Mocchi
Just now, JRCF29 said:

I cold care less about what happened "back then." This is nothing to do with Katy, it's about the SONG

I don't think it's just about one song. Post after post about Katy in here you can tell the hate towards her is disproportionate, so I always wondered what was the reason behind it 

JRCF29
Just now, AMURER said:

I don't think it's just about one song. Post after post about Katy in here you can tell the hate towards her is disproportionate, so I always wondered what was the reason behind it 

I can speak only for myself, I made this post, I could care less about some supposed rivalry between the two. I wasn't even a stan in the ARTPOP days

Don't Call Me Gaga

45 minutes ago, prttlttlmnstr said:

Why the shade? 
Let’s practice kindness even in times when we feel like Gaga is “winning”. :hug:

this. :heart:

JRCF29
47 minutes ago, prttlttlmnstr said:

Why the shade? 
Let’s practice kindness even in times when we feel like Gaga is “winning”. :hug:

Gaga could be winning, losing, whatever. I don't know why people have tried to craft this narrative about some supposed rivalry between Katy and Gaga; y'all are the ones talking about that I'm just talking about Daisies

Don't Call Me Gaga

Mocchi
7 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

You are literaly mocking her, not the song. So maybe it has something to do with Katy :trollga:

Again, I am not a fan of her, I was just curious

Rj Barker
1 minute ago, JRCF29 said:

Gaga could be winning, losing, whatever. I don't know why people have tried to craft this narrative about some supposed rivalry between Katy and Gaga; y'all are the ones talking about that I'm just talking about Daisies

There is nothing wrong with your OP really, I have seen multiple threads and comments lately absolutely overloaded with hatred and mess, but everyone has chosen to crucify you. I am confusion.

JRCF29
1 minute ago, AMURER said:

You are literaly mocking her, not the song. So maybe it has something to do with Katy

Please, tell me what I'm doing:selena:

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
1 minute ago, Rj Barker said:

There is nothing wrong with your OP really, I have seen multiple threads and comments lately absolutely overloaded with hatred and mess, but everyone has chosen to crucify you. I am confusion.

So am I, and these aren't even people I know. I honestly thought it would be pretty lowkey and lighthearted, people say much nastier things

Don't Call Me Gaga

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived