💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Paulina Rubio celebrates the 20th anniversary of her best-selling album

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Hola, it's been a while since you saw her name on here so let's go in short.

Remember her Global Citizen performance which was dragged and made into memes because she looked messy and high? Her ex-husband took one of those meme videos and sued her claiming that she's not a good mother for being high all the time around their son. An online court session was then held with Paulina and her ex-husband, where she proved to the judge that the video wasn't legit. The judge scolded Paulina for looking like she was sniffing something during the performance but later gave her custody of their son.

colate-paulina-rubio770.jpg

Paulina Rubio's ex-husband, Nicolás Vallejo-Nágera 'Colate', with thumbnails of the meme videos of Paulina that he used against her.

Paulina is now suing her ex-husband for his false accusations.

But that's not the only thing she's celebrating. Today marks the 20th anniversary of her eponymous fifth studio. The album became the biggest-selling Spanish language record in the United States in 2001, sold 2.5 million copies worldwide by 2002 and to date sold three million copies worldwide, which makes it Paulina's best-selling album to date. It's also one of the 10 best-selling albums in Mexico with multi-platinum certification.

51-SPF6-Qrk4-L.jpg

"Paulina" spawned seven singles: "Lo Haré Por Ti", "El Último Adiós", "Y Yo Sigo Aquí", and "Yo No Soy Esa Mujer", were major hits across Latin America and the U.S.. "Sexi Dance" and "Tal Vez, Quizá" were also released to moderate success. "Vive El Verano" was released in Spain and Italy as a promotional single where it reached #1 on the radio. The first four singles that were released are considered her most popular and her signature singles with Universal that launched her career.

image.jpg

Bambino
10 minutes ago, normalguy said:

Brava! was also a very good album of hers

Brava! could've been her 2nd breakthrough album as it had a lot of potential. Her team and label ****ed it up. **** them.

dopamina

I've never listened to her full album, I only know the singles but I like her voice and personality

BUtterfield 8

This led to border girl right?

that album played in my house constantly 

Bambino
1 hour ago, dopamina said:

I've never listened to her full album, I only know the singles but I like her voice and personality

You should.

CantGetEnough

Paulina has never put out a bad album, but this one particularly is iconic. Lo Hare Por Ti is one of her best songs. Slay Queen. 

Bambino
1 hour ago, Blue Lagoon said:

This led to border girl right?

that album played in my house constantly 

Yes. It came out after this one. They wanted to bring her to the US.

Bambino
32 minutes ago, Terrence said:

Her album ANANDA is the best! I love it

Ni Una Sola Palabra >>>>>

Flippy
2 hours ago, dopamina said:

I love this song :oops:

Literally my favorite song by her :giveup:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Flippy
54 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

Paulina has never put out a bad album, but this one particularly is iconic. Lo Hare Por Ti is one of her best songs. Slay Queen. 

YAAAAAAS! Come on Gloria Trevi :giveup:

Finally! Someone else who appreciates this queen!

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Bambino
1 hour ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

:tea:

Archived