Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Spin: Stupid Love #12 Best Songs of 2020 so far

Ryusei

Featured Posts

Ryusei

https://www.spin.com/featured/the-50-best-songs-of-2020-so-far/ 

12. Lady Gaga, “Stupid Love”
Lady Gaga took pride in being practically the only pop diva who never needed Max Martin’s help making a hit. But she recently decided to, in her own words, “stop being an asshole” and meet Martin, who co-wrote the blaring Chromatica lead single, which has her first-, second-, and third-best hooks in years. Everything about “Stupid Love” (even the title) reeks of a concerted effort to return Lady Gaga to the loud, garish pop throne she commanded so naturally circa The Fame Monster. And after a year of singing tasteful ballads with Bradley Cooper, good — we like her best at her most shameless. We want her stupid, oh, you know. — A.S.

Musery

Economy

Gaga slaying the bubbling under top 10 critical acclaim charts :firega:

JK :enigma:

Vitleysingur

Liddos LOST again. We love to see it.

A great first single!!! :firega:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Economy
Just now, heygurlhi said:

Don't start now #1, ok :triggered:

Really?

That's the kind of song that I like/enjoy just enough to check what other radio stations are playing in case something better is on and if they are all playing boring songs I might just go back to don't start now :rip:

MANiCURE1295
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

Really?

That's the kind of song that I like/enjoy just enough to check what other radio stations are playing in case something better is on and if they are all playing boring songs I might just go back to don't start now :rip:

To me it became one of those songs that got so overplayed and people obsessed over so much that it became incredibly overrated imo. I remember when the song first came out I think it was a good to decent pop song and deserved top 10. Little did I know that pop fans would literally act like it was the second coming of Jesus and think that it was the best pop song in the last 5 years

I go on r/popheads a lot and everyone there obsessed over the song for like 5 months. It just got to a point where I felt like people threw WAY TOO much praise on the song. 

like really? It’s not even Dua’s best song, New Rules deserved the success DSN for in the US imo

Delusional

Don’t Start Now queen of longetivity   

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

melon

stupid love is a great song, I see it as preparing everyone, showing them her direction for the album and get people talking about her again

they knew ROM would be the smash, so I think it was clever to have SL whet everyone’s appetites for more popGa 

heauxmatica

heygurlhi
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Really?

Stream Nothing on but the radio :vegas:

Ignore me i drink

Economy
4 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

To me it became one of those songs that got so overplayed and people obsessed over so much that it became incredibly overrated imo. I remember when the song first came out I think it was a good to decent pop song and deserved top 10. Little did I know that pop fans would literally act like it was the second coming of Jesus and think that it was the best pop song in the last 5 years

I go on r/popheads a lot and everyone there obsessed over the song for like 5 months. It just got to a point where I felt like people threw WAY TOO much praise on the song. 

like really? It’s not even Dua’s best song, New Rules deserved the success DSN for in the US imo

I was always meh with it from the beggining. I don't dislike it, like I said if it comes on the radio or something and nothing better is on I might listen to it

But I don't like it enough to purposely go out of my way and stream it myself either

I do like some of Dua Lipas songs (I was obsessed with New Rules for a whole) but don't start now was a 6.5/10 for me :enigma:

Roronoa
2 minutes ago, melon said:

stupid love is a great song, I see it as preparing everyone, showing them her direction for the album and get people talking about her again

they knew ROM would be the smash, so I think it was clever to have SL whet everyone’s appetites for more popGa 

Exactly. Thank you!

GaGaAst
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

#13 now I guess with ROM entering at #1 :ally:

nope at least 15 with Free Women and Sour Candy being at top

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Economy
14 minutes ago, melon said:

U can tell by the budget and emphasis on music video that they did indeed expect ROM to be the bigger hit too

Good thing they left it for second single too... Because had they used it up as the lead single and pandemic came, it would have killed the momentum and wouldn't have come back tbh

Mr S
3 hours ago, Economy said:

Really?

LOL that description is perfect and is exactly how I feel about the song.

Archived