144 members have voted

1. 1. Telephone VS. Rain On Me

• Telephone ft. Beyoncé
    • Rain On Me with Ariana Grande

Featured Posts

Chlorine Sevigny
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Telephone was an amazing catchy bop

But Rain on me has more artistic depth I would say... It also feels like a true collaboration with both singing the message together, telephone was just a feature putting Beyonce in a few lines :enigma:

Also the ROM video isn't saturated with product placements :ladyhaha:

That was a comment on consumerism.

giphy.gif

I also agree that ROM is a true collaboration and has more depth. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rasclautmangos

I love both! Telephone is one of my all time favorite videos thiugh.

HeavyPunkLover

Too hard to say right now

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

GagaSkeletonWay

ROM is better as a song but Telephone remains untouched as her best mv.

Suigetsu

The only thing that is disappointing about Telephone is Beyonce.

Everytime I watch it on YouTube I have to skip her parts. :triggered:

Bottleblonde

Best collab: ROM

Best song: Telephone

Best video: Telephone

Beyoncé didn’t add anything to telephone imo and ROM is a true collab

Black Aura

TheSlash

'Both' option is missing :triggered: .

But both are very alike. In both cases an artist being in the music business for over a decade and an artist being huge at that time (and destined to be big in the future) collaborate :diane: . Back then, Gaga was "the new hot sh!t" and Beyoncé the force to reckoned with. Now Gaga has the same reputation as Beyoncé had back then ( and still has :whitney: ) and Ariana ist the thriving "new" artist being at her early peak in her career. Circle of life :diane: 

Ew, David!

Galvon

Of course everyone is voting ROM now because it's new and Telephone is 10 years old.

I think ROM is a better song, but the Telephone video will always be more iconic. 

melon

both incredible utter bops with amazing visuals but for me, rain on me is superior

better song, production, lyrics with multi-faceted meanings, the video isn’t a mini movie but I prefer it (yes telephone is more iconic though but ROM has still been a cultural moment) and can replay it easily, I think the direction is fantastic and really encapsulates the struggles the two women have been through and how they’re coming together with their tribes and just having fun dancing the pain away

I didn’t expect this to happen but ROM might become my favourite Gaga song full stop.  it’s got that fun carefree dance inducing production from her early career but with a modern sound and it has a deep meaning and I just love the symbolism of these two women finding comfort in one another :pawsup:

heauxmatica

Rino

Music video-wise it's Telephone, but Rain on me MV is so precious too :heart:

song-wise it's Rain on Me definitely :gaycat: I didn't like Telephone the song at all until the MV came out 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

xoxo Craig

Telephone is a great song, don't get me wrong... but its one of Gaga's least authentic collaborations. Since it was passed around between Britney, Beyonce, and Gaga herself, I feel like its lost its authenticity. Its meaning as well isn't that meaningful, and although its not necessarily important in electropop songs, this is where it falls behind for me.

Rain On Me is one of Gaga's most genuine and most authentic collaborations. You can tell how much it means to both of them in interviews, their interaction on Twitter, their chemistry in the music video, and how Gaga was able to evoke Ariana to sing with more emotion. Both of them came together and really wanted to do this project together. And the song has many many layers and many many meanings, which are pretty deep. No matter what you are going through, if you believe in yourself, you'll make it.  And on instant listen, I feel so much better. This song struck such a personal connection with me that I didn't think it ever would... and the music video is EPIC. Its so so good... and while I love a full cinematic video, she did deliver a full production with a storyline and epic effects and dancing. Its my favourite video Gaga has done. 

So for that reason, I have to say 

Rain On Me with Ariana Grande >>>>>> Telephone featuring Beyoncé

End Racism Now

FentyGa

telephone’s more iconic by far BUT rain on me is my favourite gaga song sooo

DoremonLove

I love telephone but i like rain on me better.:excited:

How can anoyone not love gaga

rence a deux

I can't compare them, they're both amazing in their own. I miss Gaga's long narrative videos tho... :bradley:

𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢.

lets be real here, what makes Telephone iconic was the music video. Rain on me music video was..... great but i expected more tbh. it just doesnt have the storyline Telephone has

Archived