💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RAIN ON ME MV Theories Discussion

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

feel free to discuss your theories here! Here is mine:

Gaga in the toilet bowl or green metal water scene or whatever is her current state. She is sad, traumatized and depressed. The entire music video is her imagining breaking free.

She imagines herself being stabbed with knives, but then Ariana comes, the dance scene flips and suddenly it is no longer dark, it is bright and free. Ariana is her “light” in the Rom storyline and in her imagination she sees that with this light, she can break free from the dim rain and dance again. So basically all the scenes are just the hallucinations/dreams of green toilet bowl Gaga, supported by the fact that their hair is flowing cuz that was random but definitely added to the dreamlike aesthetic. When Gaga in the darkness and Ariana in the “light” world finally join forces, they become “one” and thats why they look similar in the pink pastel dance scene.

At the end, wet toilet bowl Gaga is no longer sad like she was at the beginning, she is still wet and rained upon but she says the last Rain. on. me. With confidence, showing that she finally found the light/courage.

As for the cyber overlord Gaga, I’m not really sure what that means so little theorists get to work! Sorry if this didn’t make much sense

GreenDiamond

I like that theory but I will just ignore cause it puts a very sad twist on video

:triggered:

Obobo

I thought the music video was straight forward. If you catch “overlord gaga” there’s a part where she’s connected to that machine where she is watching over miniature gaga and Ariana dancing.

I’m assuming the video is Lady Gaga watching over her Chromatica world/simulation. Her tears are rainfall to Chromatica. They originally felt like daggers but then Ariana showed her that the tears don’t have to be.

Here outfits represent this. Ariana starts off dark purple grey. Gaga starts off black and pink. Ariana joins her and gaga outfit changes to black, pink and lilac. Then eventually gaga is pure pink and Ariana is lilac.

Another point for the simulation. The long hair bayonetta scene. Hair to Gaga represents freedom “I’m free as my hair”. So in chromatica look how free they feel together. :enigma:

Also that scene where it shows her eye with a waterfall of tears and cuts to an above shot of them dancing in the rain pretty much makes me think that’s the concept lol...

Taylucifer

so when Ari sung 'The light is coming to give back everything the darkness stole, stole, st-st-stole' she was simply referring to herself? Skinny:billie:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Esteban

Gaga told us that Chromtica is like a mind space, so it makes sense that her inner thoughts can be "materialised". Her mind become a place, a territory ruled by her own laws, dreams, values and traumas. That's why we have these tribes thing which symbolized different part of her or at least her own representation of how the actual world works. 

Concerning this clip I think the CyberGa is like the core of chromatica, the "self" who takes decisions at the end, this is CyberGa who activates the rain process, that's why she seems connected with wires and is floating upon everything, it's the Cyberga's eye that we see leaking like a waterfall which is raining on everyhting. That's why she has this teardrop makeup too.

If we want to connect everything, BIG REACH INCOMING :oops:
We can suppose that "Alice" means the beginning of this inner trip (the rabbit hole)
"Rain On me", "Stupid Love" and "Free Woman" are about empowerment, acceptance and freedom.
"Plastic Doll", "Sour Candy", "Enigma" and "Replay" are mysterious for the moment, maybe it's about the construction of the self? The frontier between AI and the human brain? The Human machine? There is something childish but artificial and twisted in these titles, we'll see...
To finish "Sine From Above", "1000 doves" and "Babylon" are about transcendence (transcen-dance :ally:), finding peace. Her journey at the top of her holy mountain (babylon) is over and she has finally reunited every pieces of herself...

ApplauseftAdele

Ok all your theories definitely ate mine up :bradley: I really love the theory that the AI overlord Gaga is like the core of Chromatica and she’s causing the rain Its lowkey obvious idk how I didn’t think about that :bradley:

imnotyourbabe10
48 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Gaga in the toilet bowl

:sharon: :air:

OT: Thanks for the thread and love hearing everyone's take.  I don't have a view on it yet but hope it fits into some wild Chromatica narrative is all.  Hopefully an epic video will come to explain it all (kind of like BTW and its "GOAT")

warhol killer
21 minutes ago, juede said:

I thought the music video was straight forward. If you catch “overlord gaga” there’s a part where she’s connected to that machine where she is watching over miniature gaga and Ariana dancing.

I’m assuming the video is Lady Gaga watching over her Chromatica world/simulation. Her tears are rainfall to Chromatica. They originally felt like daggers but then Ariana showed her that the tears don’t have to be.

Here outfits represent this. Ariana starts off dark purple grey. Gaga starts off black and pink. Ariana joins her and gaga outfit changes to black, pink and lilac. Then eventually gaga is pure pink and Ariana is lilac.

Another point for the simulation. The long hair bayonetta scene. Hair to Gaga represents freedom “I’m free as my hair”. So in chromatica look how free they feel together. :enigma:

Also that scene where it shows her eye with a waterfall of tears and cuts to an above shot of them dancing in the rain pretty much makes me think that’s the concept lol...

This kinda' puts it in.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Tom Bradley

I think AI overlord Gaga could be the “sine” that she was speaking about in the Apple Music interview? She mentioned how a sine wave split in two and created the planet, one taking the form of a female God... maybe that’s who is “in the sky” in Chromatica? 

Esteban
20 minutes ago, Tom Bradley said:

I think AI overlord Gaga could be the “sine” that she was speaking about in the Apple Music interview? She mentioned how a sine wave split in two and created the planet, one taking the form of a female God... maybe that’s who is “in the sky” in Chromatica? 

Yeah I thought about that too but I think she is not gonna play that "character" herself, the meeting with the Sine godess will take place later in this era if we consider this album like a progressive story. But maybe you're right, it makes sense actually.. But the way she explained this idea was kind of manichean so I'm not bothered if she doesn't dig further :oops:

Archived