💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM video budget

Massive Monster

Featured Posts

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

That’s what I’m wondering as well because isn’t said Unreal Engine also a little cheaper to use? Plus, it would make a lot of sense with how the set looks and is arranged 

the production of it costs millions but obviously that would only factor into this if it was setup specifically for the music video which I doubt it was. If they rented a studio with it available then overall costs could be a bit lower - you would have the cost of hiring the place and the specific crew and gear to work specifically with it, pre production of designing the background rather than post, set design for the rooftop Gaga is on, but little/no post vfx work on those shots.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

I mean, it will be expensive but I doubt its her MOST expensive since its pretty short compared to GUY thats well over 4 minutes, plus the ARTPOP film

End Racism Now

heavymlover

And it seems like they had to sacrifice SL (which I still enjoy) and do the whole shot on iPhone thing to save some coins for the rest of the era. I hope Interscope will give her some trust after going from 20m in ARTPOP to 6m in Joanne.

Delusional
12 minutes ago, heavymlover said:

And it seems like they had to sacrifice SL (which I still enjoy) and do the whole shot on iPhone thing to save some coins for the rest of the era. I hope Interscope will give her some trust after going from 20m in ARTPOP to 6m in Joanne.

This downgrade in budget is not that bad. Joanne had a lot of promo which was funded by the promo location itself (Dive Bar Tour, Coachella was partly funded by Gaga, Super Bowl $10m from Pepsi/NFL)

So the budget was literally just for the videos and promo pictures etc. so the budget didn’t need to be enormous 

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

ThisBitch

Robert Rodriguez directed Gaga, Ari and Baby Yoda all in the same year :diane:

heavymlover
3 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

This downgrade in budget is not that bad. Joanne had a lot of promo which was funded by the promo location itself (Dive Bar Tour, Coachella was partly funded by Gaga, Super Bowl $10m from Pepsi/NFL)

So the budget was literally just for the videos and promo pictures etc. so the budget didn’t need to be enormous 

That's true. Having certain budget limitations forces the team to be creative. And Joanne was a very toned down album to begin with, so it didn't need big sets and tons of dancers for the mvs. It seems like Chromatica is a very visual album, though, so I hope they understand that and give them some additional money.

JustTea

The CGI visuals in ROM are so GOOD it must have been expensive AF but looks amazing! Just in awe thinking how they did all those transitions so well, literally a dream. :pray:

And the best MV I've seen in a LONG time. :applause:

androiduser

not really sure, it's mostly just a digital background and some effects

Queen of Pop
9 hours ago, Killa said:

Which is infinitely times better. And i'd add iconic. It was, for many years a part of the Vh1 ad. And it just felt right. Budget isn't everything

You're preaching to the choir there! The Million Reasons music video is one of the worst I've ever seen from any artist. I really don't know what she was thinking

Meanwhile the looks in Beautiful Dirty Rich alone make the video iconic <3  

I work in the VFX industry, and I can tell you this video would definitely NOT have been cheap. Especially considering they shot it DAYS before quarantine, which only gave them what, 2 months of a schedule to do the visual effects? (Which doesn't even factor in the colour finishing work that gets done in the DI after the VFX). Compressed VFX schedules usually cost more as well to expedite the work. I don't think it would be her most expensive, but I'm sure it cost a pretty penny. :queenga:

Ziggy
5 hours ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

Telephone and G.U.Y. were definitely more expensive, probably Judas or Marry the Night too

I actually don’t know if Telephone was super expensive since that set isn’t one they had to build. It’s there all the time for tv and stuff. So if it was it would be because of length alone. Judas absolutely was, though. I remember it was a thing when it came out just how expensive it was

PlatinumBlondeLife

Ridley Scott is somewhere quaking being snubbed as a huge filmmaker

Economy
10 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Her biggest budget video is G.U.Y though this looks pretty expensive too 

Considering its her biggest flop single... That video must of been the biggest financial loss ever :rip:

But it was an amazing video. One of my favs ever from Gaga

Archived