opinion

ROM video budget

Massive Monster

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
duckworth

IIRC it isn't their first collaborative work. Gaga previously appeared in Rodriguez' films. 

But however big it is, that "made with iphone" video must've contributed a lot in the budget of this video :vegas:

Obobo

If I remember correctly "Judas" is one of her most expensive videos.

Not sure the exact cost but people tried saying $10 million but I think she denied that (not putting any sources cause idk if its true lol)

CautiousLurker
7 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

mmmmm Francis Lawrence says hi...altho maybe his big break was after BR idk 

Nope he already directed I am Legend at that point :enigma:

Massive Monster
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

mmmmm Francis Lawrence says hi...altho maybe his big break was after BR idk 

💙 obviously we owe Francis Lawrence Bad Romance :worship2:

He's done Constantine, I am a Legend, Water for Elephants, and of course 3 of the 4 Hunger Games.

I don't see him as a filmmaker legend though compared to Robert Rodriguez, not tea no shade.  

Kind regards

Massive Monster
3 minutes ago, juede said:

If I remember correctly "Judas" is one of her most expensive videos.

Not sure the exact cost but people tried saying $10 million but I think she denied that (not putting any sources cause idk if its true lol)

Yep I remember that and allegedly one thing that cost so much was that motorbike scene. They had to shut a highway. 

Kind regards

BonoMarryTheNight

Not the most expensive but I think it's really expensive considering that the CGI was on point.

I wish Chromatica would be a visual album! Imagine shooting a MV with Blackpink for Sour Candy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72e8D1uShwM

Massive Monster
21 minutes ago, Doot said:

Didn't she state she got to film at Hearst Castle for free?

Edit: I think it was that she was allowed to film there unlike most productions because she brought awareness to the water difficultly they were dealing with. 

omg yes I remember that whole water awareness thing ! 

I might be wrong then thinking that the location/settings cost a lot 

Kind regards

Massive Monster
18 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

I think looking at the cost of Taylor’s “Me!” gives us an idea of what the budget might have been - around a million. It’s mostly CGI, just very well done. I am working as an art director and I’ve done a few campaigns now with a list celebrities and infamous photographers and film makers and my first learning was: they’re usually not as expensive as one might think at first. Gaga has acquired a lot of really good creative people around her so it’s no wonder that they can make something really good and expensive looking even out of a “small” budget :golfclap:

Very interesting. I think epic music videos nowadays are "less expensive" than in the 90s. Scream by Michael Jackson is still apparently the most expensive one (cost 7 million at the tine, adjusted to 11 million now). It would cost much much less to make today.  

Kind regards

Thwack
32 minutes ago, Doot said:

Didn't she state she got to film at Hearst Castle for free?

Edit: I think it was that she was allowed to film there unlike most productions because she brought awareness to the water difficultly they were dealing with. 

By filling the pool :laughga:

Queen of Pop

She worked with Ridley Scott as well. Surely that counts as a big filmmaker

Queen of Pop
Just now, BloodyMary08 said:

I think Million Reasons is her cheapest video.

It probably cost more than Beautiful Dirty Rich :lolga:

Killa
19 minutes ago, Queen of Pop said:

It probably cost more than Beautiful Dirty Rich :lolga:

Which is infinitely times better. And i'd add iconic. It was, for many years a part of the Vh1 ad. And it just felt right. Budget isn't everything

FfFfFfFF

Videos got cheaper and cheaper as technology advanced. This is why most of the videos listed are from the 90s or 00s.

• Admin changed the title to ROM video budget

Archived