Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM video budget

Massive Monster

Featured Posts

Massive Monster

Do you guys think it's Gaga's most expensive video ever ? 

I don't know about you guys but I love cinema/films and big budget music videos.

When I started watching Rain On Me I was thinking straight away that this has to be one of Gaga's most expensive videos, maybe the most expensive one (which may sound strange to some people). It has nothing to do with the length of the video (look at the money poured in commercials).

It's also Gaga's first work with a HUUUUGE FILMMAKER : ROBERT RODRIGUEZ !!! A lot of people know him through Spy Kids (which I have never watched). I know him through From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Desperado... and he is also directing Mandalorean episodes in Season 2.

I also find it weird and suspicious that there's no Gaga video listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_music_videos  While some recent and less recent videos on there  look cheaper than some of Gaga's videos.

Kind regards

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aussie

Biggest budget I don’t know...I mean Robert Rodriguez would be the biggest cost here I’d assume. I’d say Telephone, G.U.Y, Born This Way, Bad Romance, You and I, Judas, Marry the Night would have cost a pretty penny and had longer lengths as well 

Probably not. 

It's primarily CGI, and while the CGI is great, it's intentionally supposed to look more "cartoonist" versus realistic, which would cost more. 

I'm not sure about the cost of all her purely music videos, but she did state herself that the Fame Commerical video was extremely expensive (it's also the greatest thing she's ever done :trollga:). 

Catnikko

no bc she spent like 7m+ [i think] on the house GUY was filmed at in itself :emma:

is ROM one of  her best though? YES :firega:

1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

Her biggest budget video is G.U.Y though this looks pretty expensive too 

Didn't she state she got to film at Hearst Castle for free?

Edit: I think it was that she was allowed to film there unlike most productions because she brought awareness to the water difficultly they were dealing with. 

Aussie
5 minutes ago, Massive Monster said:

It's also Gaga's first work with a HUUUUGE FILMMAKER : ROBERT RODRIGUEZ !!! A lot of people know him through Spy Kids (which I have never watched). I know him through From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Desperado... and he is also directing Mandalorean episodes in Season 2.

That’s not entirely correct. Gaga worked with him on MACHETE KILLS...

Guest Adarsh
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

Didn't she state she got to film at Hearst Castle for free?

Her leaked documents showed that they donated $200k to the castle without them even asking. Also that video has crazy expensive clothes, and so many dancers, models etc that would’ve been paid. 

If im not wrong, Gaga paid like $5m out of her pocket for GUY 

CautiousLurker
9 minutes ago, Massive Monster said:

It's also Gaga's first work with a HUUUUGE FILMMAKER : ROBERT RODRIGUEZ !!!

Francis Lawrence rn
giphy.gif

Noah X

Can she just set aside 100M to make the visual album already pls

all them coins from enigma must help :triggered:

nightadieu

I think looking at the cost of Taylor’s “Me!” gives us an idea of what the budget might have been - around a million. It’s mostly CGI, just very well done. I am working as an art director and I’ve done a few campaigns now with a list celebrities and infamous photographers and film makers and my first learning was: they’re usually not as expensive as one might think at first. Gaga has acquired a lot of really good creative people around her so it’s no wonder that they can make something really good and expensive looking even out of a “small” budget :golfclap:

Massive Monster
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

Probably not. 

It's primarily CGI, and while the CGI is great, it's intentionally supposed to look more "cartoonist" versus realistic, which would cost more. 

I'm not sure about the cost of all her purely music videos, but she did state herself that the Fame Commerical video was extremely expensive (it's also the greatest thing she's ever done :trollga:). 

Yep The Fame Commercial video probably cost more.

Interesting point about the style of CGI. I think a lot of people think that it's cheaper to do CGI but I think it cost so much in this video, it looks great. 

Kind regards

SarahG

I don't think so but i like this kind of videos. Its not hard to watch like with BR MV if you know what i mean

Asia's Popstar Royalty 👑

Maleficent
11 minutes ago, Massive Monster said:

It's also Gaga's first work with a HUUUUGE FILMMAKER : ROBERT RODRIGUEZ !!!

mmmmm Francis Lawrence says hi...altho maybe his big break was after BR idk 

Massive Monster
9 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Her biggest budget video is G.U.Y though this looks pretty expensive too 

Yep G.U.Y must have cost so much because of the location/settings. 

Kind regards

• Admin changed the title to ROM video budget

Archived