šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

In defense of Lana Del Rey

LadariousGarage

Featured Posts

ADVENTURE
1 minute ago, LGs LM said:

Honestly tho, why are people trying to cancel her when there's a literal pedo at the top of the charts right now?

Because sheā€™s a woman and most people would just rather she justĀ shut the **** up. Personally I donā€™t thinkĀ thereā€™s anything wrong with her sharing her truth.Ā 

Ladle Ghoulash

I completely agree with everything you said. Her base argument is not racist, but I think she articulated her message very poorly and is not taking the flak very well atm. Her tone reads as pompous, entitled, and culturally tone deaf. While I completely agree with her that the dialogue in music in general is hypersexualized (and for that matter, also completely drug obsessed) and I think a record like NFR is refreshing by contrast, throwing all of the women she mentioned under the bus was a very poor choice. By name dropping other women, predominantly women of color, she frames her argument sounding like a white woman implying it is impossible for her to have a voice in the world because she is ā€œdelicateā€ and focusing on ā€œembodimentā€, while simultaneously trivializing their success. Iā€™m not saying she has no right to complain, but in all fairness, she has a sizable platform and also a significant voice in the music industry, so...

All in all, I think people are too quick to crucify her over this, but wow was her thread a ****ing mess

Ā 

Ā 

diamondheartxx

I was agreeing with you post until you brought up the "p*do*

Ā 

Listen, what everyone needs to understand is that the crowd who is criticizing Lana is NOT the sameĀ crowd supporting that man. Lana is a female artist who mainly makes songs about love, so obviously she's attracted a fanbase of mainly women and gay men - who are more likely to be liberal/leftist and pro-social justice. 6ix9ine's fanbase is COMPLETELY different.

So even though there are plenty of people who despise him and all he's done, his brand has never catered to them, therefore he cannot be "cancelled" because the people who support him have never cared to begin with.Ā 

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

yes. i made it. its fake. it took me less than 30 secsĀ 

Iā€™ve run out of reactions butĀ :laughga:

Jose P

Donā€™t even tryĀ it bc people in here have already made up their minds and cAnCeLLeD Lana. This whole situation is one giant mess propelled by the immaturity of online stans and seems pretty much like bandwagon hate to me.

RAMROD

She could have just sit there and ate her foods. All these things she did are unnecessary and unwarranted. And the fact she unfollows Ariana after Ari comes to her privately just for Lana to say IDGAF about it, she is a whole mess and she don't need defending for this. Let her burn the bridge, the career, whatever. She asked for it.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

MonsterofFame

Lana is right in what she's saying and I'm glad she's standing up for herself --Ā BUTĀ she's being really messy about it. Just write one clarification and stop interacting with Twitter and cancel culture.

Instead, she goes posting more stuff on her Instagram story:Ā http://storyreaper.com/story/lana-del-rey/MtkRD

Archived