💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Born This Way Turns 9!

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

The third album by miss Gaga, Born This Way was released today, 9 years ago! 

The iconic record is still adored by fans, with many citing it as her best work to date. The album, consisting of 17 original tracks on the deluxe edition is an anthem-fused spectacle that tackles themes such as self-empowerment, fame and of course, love. Songs such as the title track, are regarded as gay anthems and have empowered millions of fans worldwide to be true to themselves, no matter their sexuality, race, gender identity, religion/faith or if they live with medical conditions/disabilities. The album has sold millions worlwide, where it opened in the US at #1, with sales of 1,108,000 in its first week alone. It was nominated for two grammys; Best Pop Album and Album Of The Year.

Born This Way Single Era:

Spoiler

GagaEggGrammys_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqAV_cn36lady-gaga-february-2011-getty-031016.jpg 

There were 5 singles to promote the era, kicking off with Born This Way , which was released on February 11th 2011, and became Gaga's third chart topper and first #1 debut on the Billboard Hot 100, where it remained at the top spot for 6 consecutive weeks. It has since been certified 6x Platinum by RIAA for sales excess of 6,000,000 copies in the US.

On April 15, Judas was released as the album's second official single, where it peaked in the top 10 of many music markets, such as in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. The 2x Platinum song created some controversy, due to its strong religious metaphors and symbolism and its release clashing with Easter celebrations. Nevertheless, the song has since become a fan favorite, and my 2nd favorite Gaga song of all time!

The Judas Single Era:

Spoiler

Next, The Edge Of Glory and Hair were released as promotional singles on May 9th and 16th respectively, where they debuted at #3 and #12. Due to the overwhelming response of The Edge Of Glory and Judas' under-performance, it was quickly made the 3rd Official single from Born This Way, where it is certified 4x Platinum by the RIAA. Lyrically, the song was inspired by Gaga's grandfather, who had recently passed away the year before. The song also contains a saxophone solo from Clarence Clemons, who sadly passed away just 2 days after the video premiere. 

Relive The Edge Of Glory:

Spoiler

Gaga+s+got+scars+B8jW61YTJKcl.jpglady-gaga-june-2011-getty-031016.jpg

Yoü and I was the first song written for the record, where Gaga would perform it on her Blockbuster Tour, The Monster Ball. Lyrically, the song is about Lüc Carl, who Gaga had once claimed was the 'most important person [she] has ever met'. The song was acclaimed upon release and was released as the album's 4th single on August 23rd 2011. The Country Rock inspired song was a big hit in the US, where it became Gaga's 11th consecutive and overall top 10, at the time. It has since been certified 3x Platinum and was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Pop Solo Performance at the 2012 ceremony. 

The song was performed at the 2011 MTV VMA awards, where Gaga took on the role of Jo Calderone for the evening, which blessed the world with one of her most memorable performances. 

Yoü and I:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20111108144432 6702125c161560bb30a767f990afb69a.jpg

On November 15th, Gaga released the fifth and final single, Marry The Night. The song is a fan favorite for its fantastic production and inspiring nature. It has been certified Platinum by the RIAA and was a Top 20 single in a few countries, such as the United Kingdom and Canada, among other countries, where it peaked at #16 and #11 respectively. This is my all time favorite Gaga song, as well as the video that accompanies this amazing song!

Marry The Night

Spoiler

Lady+Gaga+Custom+Chanel+Dress.jpg 5TUWk6CSNVDEsiIx1D4osiNIEWOSgKfxCPGG13_3 S0MkFoSUlfDfYglq_jLnt71U10yCpTsYCUTG7wiX 107b9af0ffe71d7f7aa945f482ea09b6.jpg

This Iconic record was supported by the Born This Way Ball. The 98 date tour consisted of 8 legs and kicked off on April 27th 2012 in Seoul and concluded on February 11th 2013 in Montreal, after Gaga had sustained an injury to her hip. The Tour grossed over $201,840,000. 

lady-gaga-us-tour-650-430-compressed.jpg 

Some Iconic looks From the Born This Way Era:

Spoiler

Lady-Gaga-Grammys.jpg?w=980&q=75

110217ladygaga_gma1.jpg article-1357258-0D31FAB3000005DC-482_468 

BK-IfqvCYAAZR40.jpg :ladyhaha:

tumblr_pmvivtlmra1xm3be3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pczhut2gyR1v6s7wdo1_1280.jpg

ladygagatode.jpga0132dbef286166b1e2581e357a18b8b.jpg 

final-lady-gaga-v-magazine-cover-june-20 sdut-file-in-this-july-7-2011-fil-201609 

6867f3a835d06b978f4a77c690095848.png lady-gaga-23.jpg 

tumblr_lyd6vbkzq61r3sf9do1_500.gif gaga-add-091211-2.jpg 

lady-gaga.jpg 

81364979_1.jpg latest?cb=20150412210532

07c3b7f16aee02cec7f7cc79edc4ce21--lady-g Lady_Gaga_Born_This_Way_Ball_costume.jpg 

Happy Birthday to Born This Way! What is your favorite song from the album? 

71wpG0TKqbL._SS500_.jpg 813sDSffMXL._AC_SL1400_.jpg 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirrion Rizzons

Fun fact: I was 9 in 2011, and it has been 9 years of Born This Way now so this album was released literally half my life ago:giveup:

Mister Gaga

The ones saying that ROM is Gaga's peak should come and see this thread immediately :ohwell:

ViGaga

all of it. but visually the booklet is still the most iconic thing to me

Little Monster in Buffalo

zebrastripes

Scheiße + Bloody Mary + Electric Chapel

Born This Way + Judas

Highway Unicorn

Mirrion Rizzons
2 minutes ago, VinnyGaga said:

all of it. but visually the booklet is still the most iconic thing to me

bg2.png

especially this:bradley:

Miel

I try not to root myself in nostalgia, but whew... everything about BTW felt so monumental.

Form its hidden beginnings during TFM, to its reveal with the Meat Dress, all the way to its tragic end, and eventual re-christening through retrospective op-eds.

As Chromatica draws nearer (same as when ASIB drew nearer, and Joanne drew nearer), I look back at BTW with immense fondness. There's not many albums, I would say, that have had some sort of social impact on the world. But BTW really left its mark.

3 points in and ready for more

Salvador Sequea

AMAZING era, amazing album :whitney:

Tomorrow I'll listen the whole thing like I always do for every year :tony:

Can't wait to see what Gaga has in store for its 10th Anniversary!

artRaver

Being 15 - 17 during this era >

Ugh, what a moment. Literally was my go-to in high school.

jamming whitney houston GIF

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

chromaticaaa

My favorite Gaga album

Glory, Judas, Scheisse, U&I

Battle For Your Life

funkyhaus

Nothing will ever top the magic of that album for me.

There is a freedom in listening to it, and it was like a reassuring hug when I needed it most. :kara:

Alannah

Nine years old :saladga:

Are we sure it's not five years old :saladga::saladga:

Time is fleeting as is my mortality :saladga::saladga::saladga:

The Edge Of Glory

Forever my fav era and album! I'm feeling so old reading threads like this :cryga:

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

Archived