💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Critical acclaim continues to rain on ROM

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

Ziggy
59 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think many are calling it generic because it’s a dance song. It’s house music, it’s a reference for the music of a different time/era and the lyrics have a very deep and personal message about facing life struggles. So you can say you don’t like it but there’s no way the song can be considered generic. 

Just to throw my two cents in here: if it’s pop music, it’s going to be generic on some level if only because pop music is supposed to be relatable. Even something like Bloody Mary it HML are about love and partying. So I don’t want to sound like I’m denigrating Gaga here, just saying that “generic” is a funny argument to throw around pop music lmao sure, Gaga has had more distinctive stuff, but at the end of the day she makes pop music aimed at top 40. She’s aiming for large appeal so we aren’t going to get some bizarro empty soundscape track from her. Pop music, by nature, is going to be a bit generic and if you don’t like that idk maybe pop ain’t for you (general you, not you specifically lolol)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CookieHWilson

It sounds generic, does not have any gaga weird twist attached to it, has a great prechorus, absence of chorus, plain simple bop.
If Chromatica is 90% Stupid love or Rain on me, this will be her fairground bumper cars album.

I feel something regarding the upcoming album.
I really feel now why I started to stan Gaga. Her unique twist, the Spanglish in Americano, the fake German in Sheiße, the crazy experimentation almost postEDM (Swine, Aura, MJH), the dirty and emotional delivery (Perfect illusion, Shallow growl). 
Now I hardly feel "gaga" in this, as if she (as indeed indicated) did this for the world.
I don't know, too many producers liquefy her presence, they kinda hmm water the "gaga experience" down.

I'm waiting for Chromatica to drop and feel her presence again.

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

YourCureness

2 critically acclaimed songs from the album so far. Gaga keeps on winning. 

Modern Ecstasy2
26 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I haven't even heard it yet. :enigma:

I'm still waiting for the video. 

Buckle up 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

JaysAMess
26 minutes ago, CookieHWilson said:

It sounds generic, does not have any gaga weird twist attached to it, has a great prechorus, absence of chorus, plain simple bop.
If Chromatica is 90% Stupid love or Rain on me, this will be her fairground bumper cars album.

I really feel now why I started to stan Gaga. Her unique twist, the Spanglish in Americano, the fake German in Sheiße, the crazy experimentation almost postEDM (Swine, Aura, MJH), the dirty and emotional delivery (Perfect illusion, Shallow growl). 
Now I hardly feel "gaga" in this, as if she (as indeed indicated) did this for the world.
I don't know, too many producers liquefy her presence, they kinda hmm water the "gaga experience" down.

It may sound "generic" but the visuals Gaga is serving this era are anything but generic.

Chromatography
2 hours ago, Epione said:

Waiting for Pitchfork and Melon :messga:

melon’s opinion is almost always trash :sick:

Chromatography
31 minutes ago, CookieHWilson said:

idk, the robotic RAIN. ON. ME. and distinctive talking bridge sounds very Gaga-esque to me. not every song can she speak gibberish for the first 45 seconds. :enigma:

Ziggy
37 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

His is also one of the few not influenced by PR opinion. These other publications basically get buttered up by good pr. Gaga is popular rn so they hype her, and when she isn’t, they tear her down. I think he tends to give pretty fair reviews but doesn’t always mention the positives he has in something kind of just assuming we know he liked it and moving on. A lot of people do that and skip straight to the gritty critique. Lots of people HERE do that. It is what it is.

Epione
7 hours ago, Chromatography said:

Yeah but he’s still entertaining. :flower:

27monster27

I can't wait for Lady Gaga to be nominated in a major field with predominately pop songs at the Grammy's again. :giveup:

he/him/his

GaGaAst

1. Vulture -  Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s ‘Rain on Me’ Is Whatever You Need It to Be Right Now

This song will be huge not just because it’s Gaga in peak dance-pop form with chart assassin Ariana Grande in tow, the two of them singing it down, and because the beat by BloodPop and BURNS bangs like the bathroom at a circuit party in the freewheeling aughts, but because it has that nebulous quality memorable pop hits have where the lyric seems distinctly about one thing but also not about anything in particular. 

https://www.vulture.com/amp/2020/05/lady-gaga-ariana-grande-rain-on-me-song-review.html

2. Metro UK- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have united for the music video of their cathartic disco banger Rain On Me.

Lyrically, Rain On Me speaks to both artists’ past traumas and the healing power of love and pop music, and the clip definitely delivers on this front.

Set in a vaguely dystopian-esque urban setting

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/22/lady-gaga-ariana-grande-rain-music-video-disco-triumph-trauma-chromatica-12745810/amp

3. Gay Times UK :Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s Rain On Me music video is a joyful masterpiece

The music video is a masterpiece that features costume changes, fierce choreography in the rain and epic visual effects – basically everything we’d expect from a big-budget Gaga video. We’re gagged

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/135987/lady-gaga-and-ariana-grandes-rain-on-me-music-video-is-a-joyful-masterpiece/?pwa-amp

4. Pride - Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande's 'Rain On Me' Is a BOP!

The track is the latest single from Gaga's upcoming sixth studio album Chromatica, and after some unforeseen delays and the current pandemic, the upbeat, disco-inspired banger is exactly the kind of song the pop worlds needs right now to lift our collective spirits.

https://www.pride.com/music/2020/5/22/results-are-lady-gaga-ariana-grandes-rain-me-bop

EVERYONE WAS WAITING FOR GAGA TO COME BACK TO DANCE/POP. GP is hungry for her and she is serving this era :giveup:

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

weed

We've come so far from everyone dragging her, calling her pretentious, a literal 0/100 for Born This Way, just all the negativity from the media, she deserves all the praise and acclaim :diane:

Archived