💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Critical acclaim continues to rain on ROM

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver
10 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

It just doesn't really sound unique to me. It's missing an explosive chorus that she's known for and the beats just sound generic. I've heard them before. 

But I'm not criticizing the song, it's good. It can be generic and still sound good like The Cure. But after hearing this song I'm getting to expect what the sound of the album would be like and I'm not that impressed. It feels like it'll be a standard dance pop album and that's okay but I expected more from her is all. 

I think many are calling it generic because it’s a dance song. It’s house music, it’s a reference for the music of a different time/era and the lyrics have a very deep and personal message about facing life struggles. So you can say you don’t like it but there’s no way the song can be considered generic. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ignotus

i cant get it out of my head. 

and i hope the album will be acclaimed as well :pawsup:

Itsbrenda

I love you guys when they don’t like something gaga related ‘there opinion doesn’t matter, no one reads these reviews’ 

As soon as they like something ‘well they are gods, they must be right’ 

anyway, happy for her. 

Mr S

With SL, us and people on Stan forums hated it yet critics loved it.

With ROM most of us like it but Stan forums hate it yet critics love it. 

Gabe
9 minutes ago, Itsbrenda said:

I love you guys when they don’t like something gaga related ‘there opinion doesn’t matter, no one reads these reviews’ 

As soon as they like something ‘well they are gods, they must be right’ 

anyway, happy for her. 

Isn't that how reviews work? :vegas:

DiskoBaby
13 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think many are calling it generic because it’s a dance song. It’s house music, it’s a reference for the music of a different time/era and the lyrics have a very deep and personal message about facing life struggles. So you can say you don’t like it but there’s no way the song can be considered generic. 

I do actually like it but it does sound generic. But it does have mass appeal. My niece and her friends are in the pool and that song just played and they all like it. They don't know who Gaga is but they love Ariana. So it does sound like a hit. I just don't consider it as one of her best imo. It doesn't sound ambitious to me. 

PlasticDollGirl

OMG I’m so shook by this song I can’t even cope. It just screams number 1. Makes a change from the trash charts lately 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

LilyLark
32 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

I think both songs are generic. But not in a bad way. They just sound like songs anyone could've sang; not really unique for Gaga but they get the job done. 

I kind of get what you mean, although I don't entirely agree. It's very typical of 90s house music, kind of like a lot of Ariana's music is very much a throwback to 90s R & B ish pop. In that way, I guess you can call it "generic." I think a lot of people have negative associations, like "bland," with generic tho even if that's not really what generic means....

IMO it's more like they aren't creating something innovative, but I still find it fun. This kind of music isn't that popular in the US right now (and hasn't for a long time) so it does seem "fresh" in a way, even if it has been done before.

DiskoBaby
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

I kind of get what you mean, although I don't entirely agree. It's very typical of 90s house music, kind of like a lot of Ariana's music is very much a throwback to 90s R & B ish pop. In that way, I guess you can call it "generic." I think a lot of people have negative associations, like "bland," with generic tho even if that's not really what generic means....

IMO it's more like they aren't creating something innovative, but I still find it fun. This kind of music isn't that popular in the US right now (and hasn't for a long time) so it does seem "fresh" in a way, even if it has been done before.

That's exactly what I'm saying! When it comes to Gaga we're always used to something more left field from her. This song is more like Telephone; while it's good, it doesn't sound like her best or most ambitious work, but it's crafted to be a hit. And there's nothing wrong with that. I just heard better. But it's still enjoyable to hear in the background. 

ear condom
50 minutes ago, RedOneKonvictGaga said:

Deserved. Her best song since Marry the Night :giveup:

6220dd70f907dd57e5d2009613cf1637f057b745

marry the night is wayy better than rain on me tho

RedOneKonvictGaga
Just now, ear condom said:

6220dd70f907dd57e5d2009613cf1637f057b745

marry the night is wayy better than rain on me tho

Since is the key word 

Modern Ecstasy2

I just woke up & I can’t get this bridge out of my head :firega: