đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey Lashes Out On Fan

Perfume

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

It’s kind of gaslighting to label someone as crazy (or mentally ill, or “going through something”...it all feels the same for the person in that position) when all they’re doing is defending themselves against unfair backlash 

i understand your point and I’m not trying to attack you or anything, but just trying to provide some different context (as someone with a history of mental illness and instability) 

I understand yours too and I also have a history of that which is why I chose to take the approach that I did, not to label her but to make people think 'maybe I shouldn't be so hard on her and try to cancel her'. I've witnessed how the gp and the media tore down other famous women such as Amy Winehouse and Britney Spears, so when I say she could be going through something it's just to make people realise we don't know what is going through her mind right now whether it's good or bad so we should just leave her alone. 

My intent was to encourage anyone who reads this thread to think twice before they make some negative comment or rub their hands with glee because they think she's about to get cancelled. Again, just to clarify it wasn't to label her. I understand what gaslighting is and would never deliberately do that to anyone. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagz

Weird that the person isn’t posting the message that started the conversation.

I also think it’s weird/inappropriate to message somebody you don’t know and tell them you think they’re struggling with their mental health. 

diamondheartxx

The gag is people were already quickly getting over what she said. But she keeps making things worse by giving such an unapolagetic, dgaf attitude and an unwillingness to accept critism - which in the long run, will only do the opposite of what her og post wanted. I love my sis, but she's a clown.

Kubrick1990

Might be best to not get enmeshed in the personal life of someone whose work you enjoy.

Butters Stotch
1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

Lol the stats don't lie dude. This isn't the stock market, its pretty easy to know where this is going based on what's happening rn 

Gaining IG followers means nothing when you disrespect your fans. More than half of the people who started following her because of this won't buy her records, for sure, yet she disrespects her diehard fans? Sounds wrong to me, but whatever. 

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Maleficent
1 minute ago, GGVS said:

More than half of the people who started following her because of this won't buy her records, for sure, yet she disrespects her diehard fans?

like where are you pulling this from. we can only go from what we see right now, and right now she has more supporters than haters. what authority do you have to preach about her future album sales. 

also half her fanbase are gaga fans, so technically she should've been "cancelled" after So Legit but that didnt happen either.

and she didnt disrespect her fans that was debunked 

Butters Stotch
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

like where are you pulling this from. we can only go from what we see right now, and right now she has more supporters than haters. what authority do you have to preach about her future album sales. 

also half her fanbase are gaga fans, so technically she should've been "cancelled" after So Legit but that didnt happen either.

and she didnt disrespect her fans that was debunked 

Well, I'm glad that was debunked, I didn't know. Let's wait and see, I said what I said because I thought the DMs were real. I have no authority, lol, don't take everything so serious, relax, go listen to ROM so you can dance it off sweety :sharon:

shame

If only artists of colour got the “she’s just going through it” pass that miss del rey so comfortably gets for problematic behaviour. 

angels forever, forever angels

Maleficent
Just now, GGVS said:

Well, I'm glad that was debunked, I didn't know. Let's wait and see, I said what I said because I thought the DMs were real. I have no authority, lol, don't take everything so serious, relax, go listen to ROM so you can dance it off sweety :sharon:

don't tell me to "go relax" bc i'm defending someone I admire from defamatory comments. 

this is why lana's so pissed...why does everything always have to be "chill chill chill" 

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, shame said:

If only artists of colour got the “she’s just going through it” pass that miss del rey so comfortably gets for problematic behaviour. 

it's not a "pass". it's an attempt to pacify someone for speaking their mind. saying someone is "mentally ill/unstable" when they stand up for themselves/what they believe in is super toxic and promotes a culture of self-censorship 

Butters Stotch

don't tell me to "go relax" bc i'm defending someone I admire from defamatory comments. 

this is why lana's so pissed...why does everything always have to be "chill chill chill" 

Dude, calm down, literally there's no need to defend her :ladyhaha: as if my opinion mattered, I'm still gonna listen to her albums because I think all this sh*t is stupid AF. Chill, chill, chill, you are wasting your time fighting with someone who literally couldn't care less about all this drama, I'm just saying what I think is going to happen. I'm not saying that this is actually going to happen.

ice bear

lady gaga you guys are still here GIF

go stream rain on me lanators and hators

ice heard one side from above

freebit

I'm surprised that people are surprised that Lana isn't that sweet. Lana has always given me the impression that she's got a mean, immature streak - kind of like an agressive middle schooler. She liked that weird tweet about wanting Lorde to wear a bracelet of needles (and writing a song about her), So Legit (with unironic disses such as "we all booed you in Williamsburg"), "It's coming you little bitch" - which was funny, but in hindsight, was probably kind of serious, her old tweets from her pre-fame days all had the same vibe IMO. The funny thing is that she describes herself as this delicate submissive person, but I don't get that much of a delicate vibe from her. She has a delicate singing style maybe. In fact these screeds in particular give me Debbie from Adams Family Values teas, lmao:

2lIo.gif

Maleficent
46 minutes ago, freebit said:

she describes herself as this delicate submissive person,

i think she means delicate as fragile. not delicate as dainty. she’s definitely fragile, and perhaps easily irritable—but i think we all are to an extent 

freebit

i think she means delicate as fragile. not delicate as dainty. she’s definitely fragile, and perhaps easily irritable—but i think we all are to an extent 

This just brings me back to the saying that words and the picture they paint are important. Even though both words are similar, I think 'sensitive' would be more fitting a word for her. Delicate implies easily broken, someone who doesn't readily take up for themselves IMO, like Beth in Little Women. 

Archived