Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One criticism that all 3 songs share

Mr S

Featured Posts

UnlikelyStan
1 minute ago, Miel said:

I definitely think she's aiming for it, in a stylistic regard. She kind of touched on it in ARTPOP, with its inspiration from big room house and heavier, complextro-style EDM's (I think Swine is the biggest example of a chorus-replacement drop), and now she's kind of working it in with a 90's house inspiration (with some definite differentiation from early-2010's house revival in that it's a lot cleaner, imo).

I wasn't the biggest fan of the idea, initially, but I think ROM did it really well. If the rest of the album can deliver it just as well, and still be diverse, then I will probably stop lamenting the more "classic" high-drama pop that Gaga would write.

On this note - have you listened to Babylon? Not trying to promote the soliciting of leaks here, but it speaks to your point. I agree ROM delivered this well but I think Babylon delivers this REALLY well. 

Young, wild, American... Lookin' to be something

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel
12 minutes ago, UnlikelyStan said:

On this note - have you listened to Babylon? Not trying to promote the soliciting of leaks here, but it speaks to your point. I agree ROM delivered this well but I think Babylon delivers this REALLY well. 

I have not yet! Maybe a small snippet by accident (thought it was fake and just the Haus Labs instrumental, then BAM "talk it out, babble on" lmao), but that's it.

This makes me more excited, then!

3 points in and ready for more

ArtpopAct2

I think it’s the genre of the album really. Her other music was pure dance pop or EDM was in your face and had lots of explosive choruses

This is slick house so it’s gonna have more dance break downs after buildups, or in ROM’s case, climax in a singular epic final chorus.

Id say the songs still have high energy, like even if the FW chorus instrumental isn’t bombastic, it’s super fun to belt and Gaga’s voice sounds super powerful.

Juanjo

I just think pop music is changing. Whether we like it or not, music will always change, and I think we’re witnessing it in this very moment. Remember, a lot of us have been stanning this amazing woman for more than 10 years, she has to evolve, music has to evolve. 

MelbHawker

Personally I’m not a fan of pop/dance songs that sacrifice their chorus for a dance break. Simple as that. 

It works in ROM because of that final, climatic chorus. But generally I have little time for songs that are structured that way. 

AJRocketMan

Lyrics really aren’t that important. Melody is more important when it comes to music. If you want words, go read poetry.

LavenderLamborghin
5 hours ago, Thwack said:

I think the structure of music is just changing because of streaming. Songs are getting shorter to encourage replays. There are parts that trigger a dopamine high and leave you wanting more, so you play it again, and again, and again....

It’s like eating candy or junk food. 

That's real interesting. I recently thought songs were getting kind of short. I hope we don't end up with jingles in the future :messga:

I don't recall anyone complaining about the "structure" of Stupid Love besides complaining about the fact there isn't a spoken word chorus. 

Free Woman does have some structure issues but overall is fine. 

Free Woman is a demo, which we know is much shorter on the actual album. 

Summerboi14
5 hours ago, Archduchess said:

Christina Aguilera's •••{Bi~ΟΠ~iC} is the mother of that kind of album 

Really?

Archived