Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One criticism that all 3 songs share

Mr S

Featured Posts

Vergil

The only good thing on ROM is the last few seconds of climax. If only that were the chorus.. this song would’ve been kinda good. Also can Gaga stop with the falsettos, they never sound good.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCHEISSEMONTRE
Just now, Vergil said:

The only good thing on ROM is the last few seconds of climax. If only that were the chorus.. this song would’ve been kinda good. Also can Gaga stop with the falsettos, they never sound good.

true. it felt weak compared to ROM

Mychal

stevana229

I agree with you. Free Woman is the strongest out of all 3. ROM and Stupid Love missing a chorus makes the songs feel so empty and incomplete. They're still good, but they don't compare to Gaga's previous work. Which is should compare since Gaga says shes returning to her roots and the dance floor

stevana229
3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

agreed. if the "I hear the thunder coming down" part was in the other two choruses, it would be 100% pop perfection

NFRatwell

Mess at y’all knowing this is a house inspired album and then saying “something is off” because the music is structured like house music. 

stevana229
13 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Maybe other songs on chromatica will have a chorus 

im not sure, im starting to think almost all the songs on Chromatica are going to have dance break choruses 

Suuus
Just now, stevana229 said:

im not sure, im starting to think almost all the songs on Chromatica are going to have dance break choruses 

Lets wait and shall we

36 minutes ago, Mr S said:

While I love both Free Woman (even if it's a demo) and Rain on Me, there is one common theme I've noticed about all 3 songs so far.

There is something off about the song structures. Like they are underwritten or incomplete. SL was obviously missing a chorus and some of the lyrics are random (higher higher?). Free Woman has great songwriting in the verse IMO and a decent chorus but it feels like a rushed essay by a student who spent too much time on the beginning of the essay and ran out of time. Rain On Me builds up to what seems like it's gonna be an explosion of pop euphoria then it just stops.

While we're at it, I always felt Shallow was incomplete too but one can argue it was written for a scene.

See your point, but maybe you just aren't used to fast, current house music.

it's the style.💕😘

Glamourpuss

I haven't heard Free Woman yet but SL and ROM seem like very short songs. Is that because they are made for streaming, so that we'll replay over and over? I just don't feel satisfied after one listen and I'm not the only one who has said this. 

Mr S
13 minutes ago, President Biden said:

:saladga: it’s called club/house. That is the entire genre of the album. Don’t you get it already?

This is like saying “Kind of odd but i just noticed Joanne has a lot of guitar on it.” Like DUH. It was a Country Pop album.

I don't listen to house music so maybe I need to get used to it. I'm more of a pop/rock/r&b lover that follows the standard song structure.

Glamourpuss
21 minutes ago, Guillermo Tello said:

it's not higher higher, it's "hey yeah, hey yeah" though

I choose to believe it's "higher higher". It just sounds better to me. 

Franch Toast

Hey, "Shallow" is a perfect song. :huntyga:

She/Her/Hers

CautiousLurker

I don't think ROM is underwritten tho :enigma:

I do think SL could use a few more passes for sure - I think I would have actually liked the song if the writing wasn't so sloppy... And FW needs a complete overhaul cuz it lacks any substantive lyrics, but that's not something ROM shares with the two songs, and I'm optimistic that FW has received that overhaul since apparently the demo is quite old :vegas:

Mr S
7 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

agreed. if the "I hear the thunder coming down" part was in the other two choruses, it would be 100% pop perfection

I was thinking that too, but then I also like how the dance break hints at that line making you anticipate the climax when it actually cums. Unfortunately it only lasts 10 seconds.

NFRatwell
2 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

1 minute ago, Suuus said:

Lets wait and shall we

Just to inform y’all, the dance break is not the chorus. That’s the post-chorus. 

The chorus in ROM is

I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive
Rain on me, rain, rain
Rain on me, rain, rain
I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive
Rain on me, rain, rain
Rain on me

Choruses are usually followed by the Pre-chorus, or build up. In this song the pre-chorus is

It's coming down on me
Water like misery
It's coming down on me
I'm ready, rain on me

Archived