Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One criticism that all 3 songs share

Mr S

Featured Posts

Mr S

While I love both Free Woman (even if it's a demo) and Rain on Me, there is one common theme I've noticed about all 3 songs so far.

There is something off about the song structures. Like they are underwritten or incomplete. SL was obviously missing a chorus and some of the lyrics are random (higher higher?). Free Woman has great songwriting in the verse IMO and a decent chorus but it feels like a rushed essay by a student who spent too much time on the beginning of the essay and ran out of time. Rain On Me builds up to what seems like it's gonna be an explosion of pop euphoria then it just stops.

While we're at it, I always felt Shallow was incomplete too but one can argue it was written for a scene.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr S
1 minute ago, Suuus said:

This is the first time i hear this so its not that common

I don't know why I wrote common like that my bad

Mr S
Just now, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

okay do we care? can we just enjoy the music 

We can enjoy music but we can also have discussions. If you don't want to you can skip it

Suuus
Just now, Mr S said:

I don't know why I wrote common like that my bad

I wasnt talking about your spelling

Mr S
Just now, Suuus said:

I wasnt talking about your spelling

I know. I didn't mean to say it was a common criticism. I meant to say they all share one criticism. My fixed my title.

Roland
6 minutes ago, Mr S said:

While I love both Free Woman (even if it's a demo) and Rain on Me, there is one common theme I've noticed about all 3 songs so far.

There is something off about the song structures. Like they are underwritten or incomplete. SL was obviously missing a chorus and some of the lyrics are random (higher higher?). Free Woman has great songwriting in the verse IMO and a decent chorus but it feels like a rushed essay by a student who spent too much time on the beginning of the essay and ran out of time. Rain On Me builds up to what seems like it's gonna be an explosion of pop euphoria then it just stops.

While we're at it, I always felt Shallow was incomplete too but one can argue it was written for a scene.

Who says that it has to go higher than as high as it goes?!!! It seems to get pretty euphoric for me?! Who decides song structures?! The World Institute of Song Structure?  

Thwack

I think the structure of music is just changing because of streaming. Songs are getting shorter to encourage replays. There are parts that trigger a dopamine high and leave you wanting more, so you play it again, and again, and again....

It’s like eating candy or junk food. 

Mr S
Just now, Roland said:

Who says that it has to go higher than as high as it goes?!!! It seems to get pretty euphoric for me?! Who decides song structures?! The World Institute of Song Structure?  

Me. This is my opinion. If others disagree that is fine.

Helix

The only criticism they all share in common is that there is no criticism :whitney:

Mr S
Just now, Helix said:

The only criticism they all share in common is that there is no criticism :whitney:

SL disagrees

Mavis Gary

Gaga Daily Cult Site Rules

#1743 - Don’t ever criticise Gaga even if it’s constructive and/or just your opinion

Archived