It's so frustrating to have such a bop when all the clubs are closed! :messga:

Gosh this pandemic had to ruin everything... :madge:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
6 minutes ago, President Biden said:

:staymad:Bobby went off

I actually feel like it could debut #1 and stay #1 with the contribution of album sales. Gaga always has strong first week album sales but the close proximity of this and the hype if ROM being a hit, makes me feel like she’s going to outperform predictions.

I feel this single could contribute to the album moving into the 300-400k debut range.

I'm definitely hoping for something close to 300K but as long as it debuts #1 which it probably will I'll be happy

The moment a Gaga album debuts at #2 instead of #1 this big stan meltdown and media outcry about Gaga under performing and having her Lotus era will start :enigma:

steven

All I keep reading is how the GP is happy that the old Gaga is back and that ROM is such a classic POP song already. :whitney:

Chromatica Island
25 minutes ago, Guillermo Tello said:

She's the whole universe

She said she's our galaxy, so it's true!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Chromatica Island

Good, I watch the video about once an hour, to see the views and likes.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

darkchylde
14 minutes ago, Economy said:

To be fair now a days the internet is smarter with its algorithms and disproportionately shows u more things that align with ur patterns

this!!! internet is much more of a bubble now that it was a few years ago.

chromaticainmyhead
12 minutes ago, JustTea said:

It's so frustrating to have such a bop when all the clubs are closed! :messga:

Gosh this pandemic had to ruin everything... :madge:

this. Chromatica was made to emerge from the dancefloor. I hope there will be somehow ways to enjoy ROM and dance to it with other people nevertheless. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

UnlikelyStan
57 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Honestly, even the GP was waiting for the damn video from what I see. The hype is more than anything i couldve predicted for the album honestly. 

IKR? As Gaga jokes with Zane Lowe about not even promoting Chromatica. Sly & successful bish. #powermove

Young, wild, American... Lookin' to be something

Economy
Just now, darkchylde said:

Yeah... The internet although interactive it was a lot more generalized like TV and Radio where although you could change what u search for people got pumped with the same promos and information

But now with ads and recommendations adapting to you instead of everyone just getting the same ads on rotation, it's much harder to really know how much of what your seeing is what others are seeing as well

Some stuff is still generic for all. If a song gets added to Today's Top Hits anyone that follows the play list will see it... The apple music promo anyone can see etc

So there is still some standard exposure for everyone... But there's also a big portion now that is that bubble you were talking about... 

Just because Gaga fans keep seeing Gaga everywhere doesn't mean everyone else is seeing Gaga everywhere

I notice even my news articles that pop up on my phone is consistent with my search patterns :enigma:

MiQuenDroid

They talked about Chromatica and Rain on Me today on French TV! :giveup:

All I ever wanted was love...

Modern Ecstasy2

I’m living for it 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

UnlikelyStan
4 minutes ago, darkchylde said:

This. Not only a bubble - the Internet is much more of a shady cesspool of unregulated data sharing. And everyone in Congress is way too old to have any clue how to deal with it or even acknowledge what is going on lol. (But not gonna let politics rain on me parade). Chromatica is bringing me so many good vibes that my pursuit of better cyber security can take a backseat lol

zakariah
38 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Lmao one of my non-stan friends said "oh I saw her everywhere today, they're even giving gifts from Starbucks and Zara" and I had to explain to him somehow without looking like a crazed stan like "oh, I guess the fans do that to gather views, crazy isn't it" :messga:

omg don't tell them our trade secrets :enigma:

UnlikelyStan
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah... The internet although interactive it was a lot more generalized like TV and Radio where although you could change what u search for people got pumped with the same promos and information

But now with ads and recommendations adapting to you instead of everyone just getting the same ads on rotation, it's much harder to really know how much of what your seeing is what others are seeing as well

Some stuff is still generic for all. If a song gets added to Today's Top Hits anyone that follows the play list will see it... The apple music promo anyone can see etc

So there is still some standard exposure for everyone... But there's also a big portion now that is that bubble you were talking about... 

Just because Gaga fans keep seeing Gaga everywhere doesn't mean everyone else is seeing Gaga everywhere

I notice even my news articles that pop up on my phone is consistent with my search patterns :enigma:

Philosophical question in reply to this - Data driven marketing is one thing, but, do you think that the data-driven nature of our online experience is also being used to make certain things invisible to us? And by this I do not mean algorithms making it less likely for us to come across certain things, but like, intentional manipulation of algorithms to block certain individuals from accessing certain info, due to a cyber attack from a third party, whatever their reasoning may be? (I suppose this comes out of left field, but I’ve had experiences where I need to use a VPN or Incognito tab in order to even find certain webpages, despite using the same search terms, on the same search engines, and getting no results unless I go incognito). This is new to me, but I noticed it started happening in the beginning of 2020

Archived