💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana's final note

Maleficent

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

or "hyper liberals" which is probably true. lets not act like all POC everywhere were offended--it was a small group 

What does that even mean? A white woman who grew up with a lot of money and likes to think she's woke but doesn't understand her own privileges sounds like a hyper liberal to me.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed
5 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

his career doesnt rely on the promotion of his person 

and Lana's deep poetic musical career is based on her insta likes?

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, Brecht said:

What does that even mean? A white woman who grew up with a lot of money and likes to think she's woke but doesn't understand her own privileges sounds like a hyper liberal to me.

singing about her experience with violence, domestic abuse, and drugs; only to be criticized and labeled "anti-feminist", and then being dragged for complaining about being labeled as such is not an exercise in "privilege" 

ZiggyZiggs
5 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

70% of all POC were offended? Pls...

70% of poc who actually saw her post yes she was literally trending all day yesterday and it was all negative except for stans who were obviously defending her

Maleficent
Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

70% of poc who actually saw her post yes she was literally trending all day yesterday and it was all negative except for stans who were obviously defending her

thats still a small group...

1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

singing about her experience with violence, domestic abuse, and drugs; only to be criticized and labeled "anti-feminist", and then being dragged for complaining about being labeled as such is not an exercise in "privilege" 

You can't blame people for criticizing her for being anti-feminist when she has said herself in the past that she's not interest in feminism :ally: 

spector
18 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

at this point idek wtf she's talking about. like she's really out here saying random things when people criticized her post for the women she mentioned, im on the verge of unstanning wtf

8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Of course she had to mention she has a book coming out... :ladyhaha:

And the way she's basically insulting everyone who had something to say about her first message, like... Lana, gurl, did it occur to you that the problem might have been your phrasing? If you had been perfectly clear the first time around, you wouldn't need to keep going on and on and on about it.

Also, I still have no clue what point she's trying to make, so looks like that 2nd message failed as well. Waiting for a 3rd explanation with her basically talking about her upcoming spoken-word record in the middle of some rich girl nonsense.

this. i don't understand either. the delicate/fragility part is so confusing in her argumentation :rip: 

9 minutes ago, PEZ said:

"in what will inevitably become a new wave/3rd wave of feminism that is rapidly approaching"

am I reading this wrong or does she genuinely not realize third-wave feminism began in the early 1990s and that we're already in a fourth wave? sis is behind the times lol

7 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

We love quasi intellectualism. 3rd wave feminism is literally the re-appropriation of the male gaze. Does she mean 4th wave feminism? 

this too. lana, maybe read a few more books on feminist theory and historiography before writing one :rip: while you're at it, perhaps you could also watch mrs. america instead of making these ig notes *betty friedan and judith butler voice* :rip: 

stella + elliot = stelliot

blankpaper
7 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

70% of all POC were offended? Pls...

Didn’t you know they tracked down and polled every single POC who saw the post and asked if they were offended by it? :ladyhaha:

reality’s tight if the music is right

Maleficent
Just now, Brecht said:

You can't blame people for criticizing her for being anti-feminist when she has said herself in the past that she's not interest in feminism :ally: 

not being a feminist is vastly different from being an "anti-feminist" 

e.g. none of us are christ but that doesn't mean you are the anti-chirst

Maleficent
3 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Didn’t you know they tracked down and polled every single POC who saw the post and asked if they were offended by it? :ladyhaha:

well that explains soooo much my bad

:ladyhaha:

elijahfan

And that freaking typewriter 'I'm Madame X' aesthetic isn't helping, if I may say.... Gurl is taking herself real seriously.

Maleficent
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

And that freaking typewriter 'I'm Madame X' aesthetic isn't helping, if I may say.... Gurl is taking herself real seriously.

why does that even matter? how is it "not helping". it's just meant to fit her feed better than a yellow notes app page...y'all read too much into it

ZiggyZiggs
20 minutes ago, Fanta said:

As they should, people want to be offended all the time. My understanding was her saying they all sang about extremes in their relationships be it sexual, romantic or infidelity and when she sang about her extremes (as volatile as they were) she got dragged. She then addressed the said staggers, critics and indie artists, not the main pop ladies, so why is everyone offended?

people are not offended by what she was saying on her post just how she said it. she had no reason to mention those women. none of their no.1 songs are about any of the subject matters lana writes/ used to write about. hell kehlani does not even have a top 10 let alone a no.1. she sounded bitter af mentioning kehlani

lana's most successful eras have been BTD/ PAR and UV lol where she did talk about those subjects heavily. it's not like some big publication wrote an article criticizing her past lyrics recently to make her go off like this cuz critics have been up her ass lately blowing compliments. the whole thing is literally out of nowhere. this feels like one of those quarantine-making my brain explode-realization moments that she posted for the world to see.

she offended some of the women she mentioned and when they talked to her she basically ignored them. is that not stubborn and problematic behavior? like how high up your butt do u have to be to not understand that a lot of people were offended by your post and still keep writing dumb **** 'defending' yourself. pls

ZiggyZiggs
14 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

thats still a small group...

lmfaoooooo i cant so **** everyone who was offended by it cuz compared to the number of actual poc on the planet that's a tiny group :air: do u hear yourself???

TortureMeOnReplay
27 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Of course she had to mention she has a book coming out... :ladyhaha:

And the way she's basically insulting everyone who had something to say about her first message, like... Lana, gurl, did it occur to you that the problem might have been your phrasing? If you had been perfectly clear the first time around, you wouldn't need to keep going on and on and on about it.

Also, I still have no clue what point she's trying to make, so looks like that 2nd message failed as well. Waiting for a 3rd explanation with her basically talking about her upcoming spoken-word record in the middle of some rich girl nonsense.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on the book :billie:

Archived