💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana's final note

Maleficent

Featured Posts

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

The fact that soo many people "misunderstood" her message should give her a hint to maybe think twice about her choice of words. 

the fact that 65 million americans voted for trump shows that the problem of intelligence is systemic and not at all lanas job to correct. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Varys

Ugh im such a Lana stan but how can one lack so much self awareness.

she is going on a demi lovato path and not here for it 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

DelusionalGaga
6 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

How many of those people ACTUALLY misunderstood, and how many chose to to create stan drama? Or how many didn’t bother to think for 5 seconds about what she meant? It was worded clumsily, sure, but it’s not like she wrote in code or something. It’s not hard to figure out 

Her name trended for a whole day. I doubt it's all just drama-thirsty stans. There were many valid discussions lead by POC who were upset with her. And whether it was her intention or not, her statement was upsetting to many people. Why can't she just take the L and admit that her phrasing was bad and she didn't actually put much thought into it? Imstead of continuing being an as$hole and equating her critics to Trump supporters and crazy SJWs... 

DelusionalGaga
10 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

the fact that 65 million americans voted for trump shows that the problem of intelligence is systemic and not at all lanas job to correct. 

It's ok, Lana. I don't like you and think you're being childish, but NFR slaps 

Maleficent
1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Her name trended for a whole day. I doubt it's all just drama-thirsty stans. There were many valid discussions lead by POC who were upset with her. And whether it was her intention or not, her statement was upsetting to many people. Why can't she just take the L and admit that her phrasing was bad and she didn't actually put much thought into it? Imstead of continuing being an as$hole and equating her critics to Trump supporters and crazy SJWs... 

my critics ARE crazy SJWs. the trump supporter bit was a reach, even i’ll admit that 

1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

It's ok, Lana. I don't like you and think you're being childish, but NFR slaps 

what

Bubblegum Bitch

"But in truth making it about race says so much more about you than it does about me - you want the drama [...]" – well, this is my favorite part from her letter, and that's true. Preach queen! 

Blastertoyo

When you defend yourself about defending yourself

about defending yourself 

:awkney:

please enlighten me to death

LilyLark
1 hour ago, DelusionalGaga said:

The fact that soo many people "misunderstood" her message should give her a hint to maybe think twice about her choice of words. 

This. And I love Lana as much as I love Gaga...

From the get go, I said I doubt she meant it that way but the wording (and singling out mostly POC artists) was going to get her dragged. There is nuance in the situation and it's possible to say something that can be interpreted badly even if that's not the intention of her original statement—especially from people who want to assume the worst— which is how I saw her original post.

And that happens a lot in 2020...far more people get away with outrageous racism, but there are also cases of generally non racist people who say something vaguely and mildly racist being treated like they have a Klan hood & cancelled (instead of criticized and educated) or people reading something racist into a tweet that's not meant to be. I'm not trying to invalidate people who were truly offended (I'm a WOC myself), but I knew along with people who were truly bothered there would be a lot of people jumping on her just to destroy her.

That said the follow ups are far worse. She went from white feminism/privilege in the first post but the second and third posts....I don't think she realizes "it's not a race thing, I just want to be delicate" is the type of general language white people often do use when saying racist things.

TLDR: I don't think she deserves to be canceled, but she screwed up. She should have just said "I stand by my original point, but some of my wording was poorly thought out and vague and open to misinterpretation" and then logged off social media.  There comes a time when it's best to just take the L.

PartySick

Say something controversial

Stand there with a Pikachu face as it blows up

Play the victim

Yeah, this was all done to grab headlines :green:

🖤

QueenOfSaigon

I‘m tired of this. Can we just ignore this topic and leave her alone?

irrational man help GIF

Lady Ganja

sorry, what did she said in the first place? I'm too occupied with rain on me

Lady Ganja

8 hours ago, XxBones said:

I think from her perspective she sees these big pop icons getting to sing about anything they want including things that are considered bad and being praised for it but she feels like if she sings about reality that might not even be good or healthy she gets put down. That’s the point she is trying to make. 

I agree, but if I were in her position I wouldn't comment on it and keep on doing music the way I wanna make it. It's also 10 times better to respond thru art than by posting a paragraph on social media since she has trouble expressing herself clearly without it being confusing to comprehend for people. Even the statement "I'm not not a feminist" will be confusing for some who cannot read. It's better to say I'm a feminist and be clear or to say nothing at all would be the best option for her overall.

Giorno Giovanna

Fragility is one thing, but damn she literally sings about abusive relationships.

whatever, stream Rain On MeDrunk Slow Motion GIF by Hazelnut Blvd

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

2 hours ago, Maleficent said:

e0a2e239bedc3f195bf781d4d4f3e8e5.gif

TwilightMonster

At this point, whatever she says will be faced with major backlash. I love her but she really needs to get off of social media for a bit. 

Katy and Gaga stan

Archived