💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Pitchfork reviews Rain on Me

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

ConnorFilm

This is going to be huge. One of the radio stations in Houston where I live played it already around noon. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delusional

Isn’t this AP?

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Regina George

I think this is just a report on a song and not a review.. :selena: 

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, Venusfly said:

their review for Joanne was pretty medicore, and they ignored her entire run of albums between TFM and Joanne, it wasn't until recently that Pitchfork considered her "worth their time"

I thinks 6.9 is a pretty good score honestly, but yeah they somehow ignored Born This Way and ARTPOP, I hope they will release reviews for them someday, just like they did with Taylor Swift 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Magui

I'm going to assume they like it... Or at least didn't dislike it or trash it. 

KatieJudasGaga4
5 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

Isn’t this AP?

I didn't see this sorry 

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, ororo munroe said:

Why do people always say that Pitchfork drags Gaga? They gave her solid reviews for Joanne and Star is Born actually 

It's not really a Gaga thing. They are notoriously harsh on pop girls and even women in general, although they've been better the past year or so. For example, the Pitchfork review for Lizzo was unnecessarily snarky and mean spirited.

Around 2013-2014, the wouldn't review Taylor Swift but they would review Ryan Adams covers of her song and it became a pretty big thing about how the writers/outlet can be dismissive of women, more particularly mainstream women, in music. A bunch of media outlets like Jezebel dragged them at the time for it.

Delusional
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I didn't see this sorry 

No worries happens to us all 

:party:

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Ororo Munroe
8 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

It's not really a Gaga thing. They are notoriously harsh on pop girls and even women in general, although they've been better the past year or so. For example, the Pitchfork review for Lizzo was unnecessarily snarky and mean spirited.

Around 2013-2014, the wouldn't review Taylor Swift but they would review Ryan Adams covers of her song and it became a pretty big thing about how the writers/outlet can be dismissive of women, more particularly mainstream women, in music. A bunch of media outlets like Jezebel dragged them at the time for it.

Oh, I see, but I hope they are going into right direction with their reviews of Thank You Next or Future Nostalgia for example. But yeah I don't see them giving 9.0+ to a mainstream pop record by women 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

DiskoBaby

But no best new music. Aka they like it enough to promote it but they're not drooling over it or consider innovative.

Ricardo

ffffck I didn't know it's the anniversary of the Manchester bombing :bradley:  :bradley:  :bradley: 

this means so much! :bradley:

Mr S
5 hours ago, Venusfly said:

their review for Joanne was pretty medicore, and they ignored her entire run of albums between TFM and Joanne, it wasn't until recently that Pitchfork considered her "worth their time"

Didn't they ignore most pop albums during that time? I remember Taylor Swift called them out because they ignored 1989 but reviewed some rock singer's cover version of 1989 lmao.

Archived