news

"Rain On Me" Video Premiere

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artd0me

I haven't been addicted to something like this for quite a while... for 48h I've been almost constantly watching that video... the song is playing in the background while I'm asleep, and on friday and almost whole saturday I even forgot to eat... but hey, at least I'm alive 😅😅

Smithy

Has anybody worked out why Ariana was stood in a gaping hole for the cover yet, seeing as it was nothing to do with the video 

mezzanine

I'm so, so happy with this video guys... I was critic with Stupid Love because this is exactly what I expected as a lead single, this video is probably one of her top 3 of all what she's released. My hype and faith for Chromatica has gone up 200%

2 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Has anybody worked out why Ariana was stood in a gaping hole for the cover yet, seeing as it was nothing to do with the video 

Maybe they didn't make it in time for a promo shooting when the pandemic exploded/no fitting agendas

NT78

You Tube announced at the start of the quarantine that they would not be streaming videos in anything higher than 1080 due to stress on the servers because so many people are using it. This is likely why the video wasn't uploaded in HD/4k. It's not something Gaga's team has any say over. 

Loewe1000
1 hour ago, NT78 said:

You Tube announced at the start of the quarantine that they would not be streaming videos in anything higher than 1080 due to stress on the servers because so many people are using it. This is likely why the video wasn't uploaded in HD/4k. It's not something Gaga's team has any say over. 

You‘re right! There is no video playing in 4K right now!
So maybe there will be a 4K version later... We‘ll see.

RAIN. ON. ME.

12 hours ago, Loewe1000 said:

Thank you! I was able to get an ever better 1080p version of the video and redid the whole upscaling process last night.
Link will come as soon as the video is uploaded.

Well it‘s a simple process... well technically it is a really complex process... from the user perspective it is easy.
There is an application which analyses every frame of the video and uses a pre-trained neural network to upscale the image. You drag the video in, wait a long time and get a more detailed video out.
So it’s not smoothing the pixels out, it is reconstructing how the image might have looked, if it had a greater resolution.
The processing of each video frame takes about three seconds, so the complete upscaling took almost 4 hours. The video has about 25 frames/second, resulting in 4500 frames total.

That‘s sad because the video was definitely filmed at a higher resolution than just 1080p...
And it‘s not a big deal uploading a 4K Video to YouTube. YouTube takes care of all the processing then.
And the funniest bit: If you upload a video in 4K even the 1080p would look significantly better because it gets an other video codec. That’s so sad that a video which costed a lot of money and effort making it, ends up being such a pixelated mess on YouTube. If Gaga would be aware that her art could (technically) look even better for us, she would bother...

Thanks!

do you care to share the name of the program?

and yes it's sad about the quality . but I'm sure there is a reason most artists are not uploading 4K, it can't be just because. 

ChavaWM
8 hours ago, Smithy said:

I honestly think it's just slashes from raining daggers

PlasticDollGirl

Guys do we really have to be so picky with HD and 4K. Just enjoy the video, there’s always something :saladga:

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Battle 4 Ur Life

this video and song are just so perfect. that's pretty much the first time I'm able to react to it on this forum ever since the song dropped on friday, I'm still processing it. it's just too much information and visuals. I love it.

this is really everything I expected and more.

this video is ****ing fab. the flow, the aesthetics. I love cyberpunk and it's honestly one of the first times it's done right in music videos. this is legendary.

the song is her best hit imo after Bad Romance and BTW. I of course love all singles but this is a juggernaut. a classic dance pop song.

BP really SNAPPED. the strings are whaaaat. and the base is whaaaaat. and the claps are just so damn well used.

Gaga really saved pop music with this. Chromatica is like witnessing a miracle at this point.

:bye:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived