Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Rain On Me" Video Premiere

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

Yes! It's such a shame the video isn't available in 4K! The music video is amazing, but the compression on YouTube is horrible, rendering a lot of scenes quite blurry and blocky. I really hope Gaga will add a 4K play option to the video, would there be any way for us to request this?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knife
1 minute ago, TRJTA said:

Yes! It's such a shame the video isn't available in 4K! The music video is amazing, but the compression on YouTube is horrible, rendering a lot of scenes quite blurry and blocky. I really hope Gaga will add a 4K play option to the video, would there be any way for us to request this?

That's assuming the video was even shot in 4k. Most music videos on YouTube don't have a 4k option.

Yes indeed. But even if it was shot in 1080p, the original quality would be much much better. Videos with a lot of contrast and dark areas and a lot of things going on like all the rain and water drops make up for more visible compression. It's a shame, because I'm sure the original source file looks amazing.

3 hours ago, NoahSuns said:

it's out in TIDAL-1080p and it's way better than YT's 1080p

Holy cow, I just watched your upscale, what a huge difference that makes! Was that upscaled from YouTube or from Tidal?

RedOneKonvictGaga
4 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Don’t Start now has a prechorus, followed by a chorus. Rain on me has a pre-chorus, followed by an instrumental break where a chorus should be. 

Who cares if it doesn't have a proper chorus? The song is a smash regardless 

Stay pressed  :enigma:

I'm D-E-A-D! Was not expecting to be blowned away that much. I'm so shocked about the quality of this video I mean wow, it almost look CGI when you see all the details of the skins, the colors, the rain. It's so 2020! My favorite scene is the first dance scene when her hair are all wet. She looks so badass!

Am I the only one really impressed by Gaga dancing? Her move and much more blocked, less clumsy, less weird also. I do think it's her best dancing ever! Especially the first verse scene.

The looks are so fresh, it feels like again she will be setting the tone for future trends! Loving this futuristic plastic pink punk aesthetic! The backup dancers styling is out of this world, they look so badass (and straight out of a sex party). I love that the video succeed keeping Gaga weirdness but also making it cool and less camp. It's been a while that Gaga looked that cool.

I do think it's my favorite video of her. Which is quite unique considering how long she keeps topping herself!

Kattys
22 hours ago, Epione said:

So this rain has healing properties? Because she was stabbed and then she was alright. :messga:

she took out the dagger and it turned to water cause after all it’s not hurting her :bradley:

Mr Oak
18 minutes ago, TRJTA said:

Holy cow, I just watched your upscale, what a huge difference that makes! Was that upscaled from YouTube or from Tidal?

excuse me?:selena:  I just mentioned there's a Tidal version. I did no upscale 

5 hours ago, Loewe1000 said:

The Video is awesome, but why do all artists upload their videos only in 1080p?
Am I the only one who thinks, that the video is very pixelated in some scenes?
The Video could look even more awesome if it would habe been uploaded in 4k (in which the video was filmed anyway).
I've upscaled the video with some kind of sophisticated AI and a lot of scenes look much better, clearer and more detailed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11OV92WPiHDfRnV9stDn-gM3nsT0aDbXt/view?usp=sharing

I mean look at the differences:
HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-53-46-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-53-48-2.

HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-59-19-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-59-21-2.

HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-18-02-15-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-18-02-18-2.

We need to reach out to Gaga, so that her team will upload the video in the original recorded resolution!
(Without loosing all the comments/views/likes etc. That's possible for big channels.)

What do you think?

It looks amazing!

how is it possible that the upscaled version has more details?

smoothing is one thing, but to stretch + restore details at the same time? :nooo:

can you please elaborate a little bit about the process?

and for the question, I don't think her team will bother. 

maybe it's about the file size. anyway even bad romance was updated for an upscaled version and not original version that we know exist:/

Do you guys think that the dagger represents her injury? 

I know it was represented in Applause but she had to literally dance through the pain with that leg 

Kattys
10 hours ago, Tomi said:

Do you guys think that the dagger represents her injury? 

I know it was represented in Applause but she had to literally dance through the pain with that leg 

The dagger itself no (I think it represents all bad things), but I think it was 99% intentional that it was placed close to her hip, maybe it's even exact place where doctors operated.

Loewe1000
11 hours ago, Tomi said:

It looks amazing!

how is it possible that the upscaled version has more details?

smoothing is one thing, but to stretch + restore details at the same time? :nooo:

can you please elaborate a little bit about the process?

and for the question, I don't think her team will bother. 

maybe it's about the file size. anyway even bad romance was updated for an upscaled version and not original version that we know exist:/

Thank you! I was able to get an ever better 1080p version of the video and redid the whole upscaling process last night.
Link will come as soon as the video is uploaded.

Well it‘s a simple process... well technically it is a really complex process... from the user perspective it is easy.
There is an application which analyses every frame of the video and uses a pre-trained neural network to upscale the image. You drag the video in, wait a long time and get a more detailed video out.
So it’s not smoothing the pixels out, it is reconstructing how the image might have looked, if it had a greater resolution.
The processing of each video frame takes about three seconds, so the complete upscaling took almost 4 hours. The video has about 25 frames/second, resulting in 4500 frames total.

That‘s sad because the video was definitely filmed at a higher resolution than just 1080p...
And it‘s not a big deal uploading a 4K Video to YouTube. YouTube takes care of all the processing then.
And the funniest bit: If you upload a video in 4K even the 1080p would look significantly better because it gets an other video codec. That’s so sad that a video which costed a lot of money and effort making it, ends up being such a pixelated mess on YouTube. If Gaga would be aware that her art could (technically) look even better for us, she would bother...

RAIN. ON. ME.

Loewe1000
13 hours ago, TRJTA said:

Well we could just „bomb“ her on twitter with shots from the blurry YouTube version vs. the upscaled one. Maybe she will notice and talk to her team.

13 hours ago, Knife said:

That's assuming the video was even shot in 4k. Most music videos on YouTube don't have a 4k option.

Well even „Last Christmas“ by WHAM was shot in 4K which was in the last century, so you might be able to guess, that this big production was (at least) shot in 4K.

12 hours ago, TRJTA said:

Yes indeed. But even if it was shot in 1080p, the original quality would be much much better. Videos with a lot of contrast and dark areas and a lot of things going on like all the rain and water drops make up for more visible compression. It's a shame, because I'm sure the original source file looks amazing.

It really is a shame... I hope eventually we will get to see a better version anytime in our life.

12 hours ago, TRJTA said:

Thank‘s! It was upscaled from YouTube, but I redid it last night with the Tidal version to an 8K file (because why not let my gpu burn for a bit? :D )

RAIN. ON. ME.

BULATIO

This is so epic and historical moment! I love it! :nooo:
Guys! Check it out my reaction video. Waiting for your Opinion and Like. Thank you!

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived